LGA775 Coolor parts

bigstusexy

2[H]4U
I can't be the only one to have done this. So because of other reasons I had to remove my stock heatsink and put it on another mother board to test the cpu then when I went to move it back one side of one of the cooler pins broke.

Does anyone know if you can just buy the retaining pins? Has anyone ever ran it on just three pins? I know its a bad idea, I couold wait for a cooler I'm just antsy with the long weekend to do some good things to my computer and I really want to test out the RMA board.

THANK YOU! No I mean it in all caps, I felt so dumb! I thought it was an easy fix and no need to get another cooler but I couldnt find it I did search (not rentention just cooler clip) and couldn't find it.

Yeah I knew it was a bad idea I didn't get any further than securing the board to the tray. Thanks gettin' in the order now.

I hate those cheap ass pins for this exact reason.

I'll never use a stock fan again, ever. (New convert to 3rd party coolers/OCing.) Or one with the same cheap plastic clips. My Noctua NH-U12P SE2 is all metal and rock solid, how it should be. (I know, they (Intel/AMD) put cheap H/Fs to keep the prices down but they suck so bad!)

Back