LGA775 support?

Stu55

[H]ard|Gawd
This might be kind of stupid but is there some requirements for LGA775 setups for psu's?

I can't cite details off had but you may need a 24 pin MB connector, and sufficent amps capacity for the CPU, both an aux 4 pin (MB) & 6 pin (video) connectors.

My PC P&C 510 also has an abundance of IDE & SATA power connectors which are handy.

davidhammock200 said:
Any good quality PS with a min of +12V@24A should be fine. 20 to 24 pin adaptors are about $5.

I think the best buy out there right now is the OCZ PowerStream 420W (500W Peak)

$87: http://www.directron.com/ocz420adj.html

adjustable rails, 1% - 2% regulation & 5yr warranty ;)
20 to 24 pin adaptors are a bad idea.

Stick with PSUs that have a real 24 pin ATX connector like the NeoPower, PCP&C PCI-E or SLI, or the PowerStream you mentioned.

Buford said:
Those who can't afford them and don't own them wonder if the quality justifies the price.
It's not always a matter of being able to afford them. Some of us would simply prefer not to subsidize their massive retail advertising budget. A Zippy/Emacs is every bit as good a supply. I've owned both.

I applaud PCP&P for doing the missionary work to raise awareness in the market regarding the importance of power supplies, but since I knew that 20yrs ago, I don't want to pay for it.

oc

Back