LGA775 w/most PCIe slots?

zero2dash

Supreme [H]ardness
Obviously we all know about the K9A2 on the AMD side...was wondering what the board with the most PCIe slots on the Intel side (specifically LGA775) would be?

Just did a rough search through the 'egg and noticed this beauty.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186153

Looks like the most to me...3x 2.0 16x even. $69, nice price...may pick this up.
Anyone know of a 775 board with a 4th PCIe slot? I haven't seen one/didn't find one myself.

I'd like to gain some PCIe slots without having to try to find a used K9A2 or resort to jumping to i7/x58. (Have a UD3P ATM...hopefully will add a 2nd 260 216 SC soon.)

Zero82z has the same exact board for folding, he likes it and I was thinking about getting one as well.

Slot layout is screwy, no chance of using 4x double-slot cards.

Also, re: P6N Diamond: It will technically work with 45nm Quads (in spite of MSI's claims to the contrary), but will drop to the nearest whole multiplier regardless of CPU rated speed (eg: 2.5GHz Q9300 shows at 2.33, 2.83GHz Q9550 runs at 2.66 as per http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=565342)

I personally use Intel DX 975X-BX2 Bad Axe 2 motherboards (I run three of them all stocked with GTX260's), but they are limited to three slots. Hard to beat Intel quality though, once you get them set up you they basically don't need any attention beyond just checking the clients occasionaly. Harder yet is to find them these days for a good price, since they're so popular.

Here are all the AM3 boards that have 4x PCIe slots. They all use the 790FX chipset and the MSI boards will accepts 4x dual slot coolers. The ASUS have the last 2 slots adjacent and are more expensive.

Cool, but he's looking for an Intel based board for the 775 pin CPUS. :)

My Foxconn P45 ELA is working great. I have three GPUs in it right now and all I had to do to get them up and running was plug them in. It's a bit cramped, but that's mostly because of my case. it's also nice that the board provides an extra slot between the first and second GPUs, so you can put a hotter-running GPU in there to give it more airflow (I have my GTX260 in that position). One thing I do recommend doing is updating to the latest BIOS version.

I can post up some pictures of that rig if anyone would like.

Obviously we all know about the K9A2 on the AMD side...was wondering what the board with the most PCIe slots on the Intel side (specifically LGA775) would be?

Just did a rough search through the 'egg and noticed this beauty.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186153

Looks like the most to me...3x 2.0 16x even. $69, nice price...may pick this up.
Anyone know of a 775 board with a 4th PCIe slot? I haven't seen one/didn't find one myself.

I'd like to gain some PCIe slots without having to try to find a used K9A2 or resort to jumping to i7/x58. (Have a UD3P ATM...hopefully will add a 2nd 260 216 SC soon.)

Keep in mind that board does not have the PS/2 port (edit: for keyboards that is), so a lot of KVM's would have trouble. I also really don't trust Foxconn boards either, but YMMV.

I personally use Intel DX 975X-BX2 Bad Axe 2 motherboards (I run three of them all stocked with GTX260's), but they are limited to three slots. Hard to beat Intel quality though, once you get them set up you they basically don't need any attention beyond just checking the clients occasionaly. Harder yet is to find them these days for a good price, since they're so popular.

I had one of these (got it from you) and the board was a rock.

capreppy has it now, and from what I can tell it is still going strong.

Cool, but he's looking for an Intel based board for the 775 pin CPUS.

I realize that but he also said he wanted options besides K9A2 and i7/x58. The AM3 boards do fall outside those options and would cost less than i7/x58 so that is a viable option.

I realize that but he also said he wanted options besides K9A2 and i7/x58. The AM3 boards do fall outside those options and would cost less than i7/x58 so that is a viable option.

True enough.
Of course if we want to mention possible options there is also a GTX295, two cards in one slot
eyebrows.gif

I also have a P6N diamond that I am looking to part with. I just need to find an EVGA 750i FTW first :D

Thanks for the replies everyone - basically looking for a cheap board with MOAR SLOTS. :D
I know there's AMD 3/4 slot boards, and the x58's etc. I'm trying to ramp up where I can without having to break the bank buying a whole new setup (board+cpu+DDR3). Then there's the issue of buying more gpus as well..

I may end up buying one of the ELA's just even if I sit on it for awhile until I can use it. Don't know why NE's price is so cheap compared to other sites (I see it for 2x that elsewhere). I'm wondering if it's EOL although I don't really care either way...there's always RMA and bios updates, I don't mind using an EOL board (after all I've had several Abits over the last few years :)).

Thanks again for the input everyone ;)

Back