Liam Neeson and Malcolm Mcdowell in Fallout 3

Mcdowell did a great job, I had him on the radio whenever possible. Had no idea Liam was ib it at all, that's neat.

liam was the father, easy to pick out. as was mcdowell. welcome to the party.

I didn't think Neeson could have been any more lifeless. McDowell was solid as always, but it feels as if Liam Neeson didn't put any effort into his 'performance' at all.

Interplay was really pretty good at getting a solid, respectable cast together with a lot of collective voice acting experience. The original Fallout is pretty much unmatched in that respect, even today. With Bethesda, usually the goal is to get the biggest names possible, regardless of how adept they are at VO. Thus: Neeson.

I didn't think Neeson could have been any more lifeless. McDowell was solid as always, but it feels as if Liam Neeson didn't put any effort into his 'performance' at all.

Interplay was really pretty good at getting a solid, respectable cast together with a lot of collective voice acting experience. The original Fallout is pretty much unmatched in that respect, even today. With Bethesda, usually the goal is to get the biggest names possible, regardless of how adept they are at VO. Thus: Neeson.

Have to agree, he sounded bored throughout. He obviously phoned it in. McDowell is a veteran when it comes to game voiceovers and it shows, his VO was excellent.

liam was the father, easy to pick out. as was mcdowell. welcome to the party.

When I started the game, I was like "Who's voice is this?" It ate at me for about 5 minutes before I figured it out to be Liam :cool:

SWEET AMERICA!

I agree, they should have had way more voice acting. Neeson and Mcdowell both did a great job.

I also wish that the soundtrack was done by Mark Morgan instead of Inon Zur, I'm sorry but there is a specific track in Fallout 3 that sounds like it was ripped strait out of Crysis.

Morgan is a far better Composer for the genre IMO. If you are unfarmillar with Morgans work check it out here. http://www.markmorganmusic.com/ He did the Soundtracks for Fallout 1 & 2... also Plainscape Torment.

I just thought it was hilarious they got him for Oblivion and only had his voice acting for only about 5 minutes into the game.

Stewart has a very distinctive voice. Does anyone remember him from Lands of Lore back on the Amiga, that was great

I like Liam on screen but his voice over was bland to me in FO3. Not bad, just bland. McDowell was great listening too. I also wish they had more of that 50's era swing music and whatever genre that world on fire sone was. I really dug listening to the radio while crusing the wasteland.

Something about listening to that fire song while blissfully spewing forth fire from the flamethrower just made me lol inside.

I also wish that the soundtrack was done by Mark Morgan instead of Inon Zur
No kidding. Inon Zur is an absolutely horrendous composer. I assume the only reason development houses have been favoring him in the past few years is because his rates are most likely much lower than his competition (Jeremy Soule, Mark Morgan, etc).

Who takes handi-cam video from a DVD? Just rip the damn DVD and upload it!

This was on the "Making Of" DVD that came with Fallout 3 Special Edition.

I like Liam on screen but his voice over was bland to me in FO3. Not bad, just bland. McDowell was great listening too. I also wish they had more of that 50's era swing music and whatever genre that world on fire sone was. I really dug listening to the radio while crusing the wasteland.

Something about listening to that fire song while blissfully spewing forth fire from the flamethrower just made me lol inside.

I think you will like this, add this to your data directory. The songs fit perfectly with F3. Enjoy.
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1518

When I started the game, I was like "Who's voice is this?" It ate at me for about 5 minutes before I figured it out to be Liam :cool:

I mistook him for Sam Niel, it wasn't untill I showed my brother and he instantly identified him I realised i was wrong.

I'm looking forward to the day they record the 'phonetics' of the VO actors voice so they can insert your characters actual name into the dialogue. Allthough that will probably just degenerate into people making well known personalities say naugty words.

(Similar to the BT robot that reads out text messages sent to a land line in the UK)

Malcom McDowell is one of my fav screen actors and VO actors. I don't know what it is about him, but he just seems to kick so much ass. More often then not, he's the only good thing in some of the movies he's done... Tank Girl.

I wish that Malcom would get in more big pictures as the villan, he always plays the protaganst perfectly!

holy crap! After watching this video, I had to sit there for a couple minutes and try and think of where I've seen this guy before. +1 for "McDowell should be in every freaking movie made from now on."

110366316_79a5921bf2.jpg

Who takes handi-cam video from a DVD? Just rip the damn DVD and upload it!

This was on the "Making Of" DVD that came with Fallout 3 Special Edition.

Youtube will take the video down if I rip it straight from the DVD, they already did once. The only way to get around the copyright is by taking the video with a cam.

I didn't recognize either of them in FO3. Wonder how much they pay them to do that? I would have just hired someone that sounds like them for 75% less cost. :)

holy crap! After watching this video, I had to sit there for a couple minutes and try and think of where I've seen this guy before.
Welly welly welly welly welly!

Youtube will take the video down if I rip it straight from the DVD, they already did once. The only way to get around the copyright is by taking the video with a cam.
Try your luck at The Video Bay.

I didn't recognize either of them in FO3. Wonder how much they pay them to do that? I would have just hired someone that sounds like them for 75% less cost. :)
Then you don't get the name. All Bethesda cares about is the name. The name sells the game.

That song is called "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire" by the Ink Spots circa 1941. Its actually a love song. Very good song IMHO.

Then you don't get the name. All Bethesda cares about is the name. The name sells the game.

I expect 90% of people were just like me and had no idea they were even in the game. Bethesda may think it sells the game but I doubt it does and is just a waste of their money.

Back