Lian Li 120mm case fan replacement

bencho

2[H]4U
Hey,

Does anyone know the specs for a 120mm Lian Li case fan?
The one that came with my new case is pretty loud... what would you recommend as a replacement?

Actually, I switched it from the molex to mobo and it quieted down significantly.
I should be all set. Thanks guys!

Actually, I switched it from the molex to mobo and it quieted down significantly.
I should be all set. Thanks guys!

Perhaps because the mobo can regulate the voltage. I would suspect the fans are not running a full 12V now.

You can also look into a fan controller, or wire the fans up to 7V instead of 12 by using the red and yellow wire on the molex connector.

Nah, it's not necessary now~
I was looking into the PT-FN07 which was designed for this case, but it's pretty quiet now and I'm satisfied with everything. I can actually run this case without the rear fan on. Makes almost no difference in my case

Waiting on the PT-FN07 taking too long. 4 weeks and still no shipment yet in stock.

The Egg had 20% off case fans so I tried a Noctua NF-P12 and it's GREAT!

Does anyone know if you can install the stock Lian Li fan filters onto a Noctua 140mm? I'd like to replace the remaining (3) 140mm's when I see another sale.
Also where is the best place to get Noctua's in terms of price?

Filters are filters and fans are fans, assuming the filters screw on or snap in place it should be no problem. Noctua you are not going to find in many places at a good price, they are pretty OPed for fans. there are also other just as good choices for far cheaper.

Back