Lian Li PC-65

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with putting a 120mm fan on the removable mobo tray on this case.

Thanks for your help.

...is it even possible? if so... pics!

i've put an 120mm fan on the intake fairly easily.

I saw one that came into work once, it really looked terrible, but it IS possible.
It just won't look that great afterwards

Ok, then, how difficult isit to move the hard drive tray towards the back ofthe case? say, two to three inches?

I did the rear 120mm fan thing. doesn't look to bad. Did it knowing that I'm getting a new case soon though, so it didn't matter how it turned out.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=865678

The drive cage is rivited to the bottom of the case so can be drilled out and them bolted or riveted wherever you want.

The rear 120mm doesn't really look that much worse then any stock rear 120 I've seen....but it's still not for me.

That front fan mod is fairly clever lemons, very unique. :)

Looks good to me lemon. Were you going for high airflow or low noise?...mixture of both perhaps?

lemons said:
I did the rear 120mm fan thing. doesn't look to bad. Did it knowing that I'm getting a new case soon though, so it didn't matter how it turned out.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=865678

The drive cage is rivited to the bottom of the case so can be drilled out and them bolted or riveted wherever you want.

so what tools would be needed to do this?
I'm thinking of getting the PC-7 Plus, but I'd like to keep my current HDD cage

all you need is a drill
the rivets on my lian li were made of very soft metal and fell apart as soon as the drill made contact with them.

you can buy a riveter (rivet gun or whatever there're call) for about £5 ($7 ish) from any diy store. I would just bolt the cage in though.

Looks good to me lemon. Were you going for high airflow or low noise?...mixture of both perhaps?
yeh, both. Fans are running on 5 volt so very quiet and still seem to blow enough cool air.

Maybe take a look at an clear rear fan. Antec makes a nice one that they put on their Sonata and Lanboy cases. They are really quiet and do a good job of cooling your case.

Lemons, that looks like it would work just dandy for what I'm doingon (the rear fan thing). Thanks a bunch. I'm upgrading my case from a Cheiftek dragon to something in aluminum and wanted my radiator in the back (shortest tubing setup) so I needed a 120mm fan there. Thanks a bunch for showin me that it'l work.

Punx_Clever said:
Lemons, that looks like it would work just dandy for what I'm doingon (the rear fan thing). Thanks a bunch. I'm upgrading my case from a Cheiftek dragon to something in aluminum and wanted my radiator in the back (shortest tubing setup) so I needed a 120mm fan there. Thanks a bunch for showin me that it'l work.

Hmm, a good plan, now if I hadn't already cut the second rear exhaust into my PC60 I might have done that. Oh well....the h2O is just gonna be for my X850XT-PE, I might just get a BIM 2 the double fan 80mm rad.....as it'd still be enough.

Ah well, good idea though.

Back