Lian-Li PC-A77 and Thermalright Ultra 120e?

jupitersj

Weaksauce
I've been scouring around looking for info on if these two fit together but so far have come up :(

http://www.lian-li.com.tw/v2/en/pro...ex=212&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=61&g=t

as you can see in the 6th picture the upper left non removeable harddrive/psu "box" that holds a harddrive cage is part of the horizontal beam is very very close to where an ATX motherboard sits on the motherboard tray.

I saw a post here I believe with someone who had the almost identical case with the new front that said their tuniq tower barely fit because it comes so close to that bay.

I fear a vertical aligned true might not fit because of it. Anyone here with the case that can confirm or know?

It would be greatly appr.

jupitersj

p.s. I'm tired of looking for a nice full tower case for my new build and this snag is killing me...that and the other wisdom teeth I had cut out today :mad:

Bleah dental work sux :(

I am thinking about getting this case for my new build too. Have not found too many people that have had any experience with it yet tho. :(

I saw a post here I believe with someone who had the almost identical case with the new front that said their tuniq tower barely fit because it comes so close to that bay.
A7010 thread, posts 40 and 42.
Looks like they've wanted to keep many frame parts common: Basic frame of A70/71, A77 and A7010/7110 is practically same when you look rear part.

Have to wonder why they've done that area so small. (without this flaw I would rate A77 as best Stacker style case)
Especially when it looks like they've noticed problem and corrected it in V2x10.

The problem with the v2x10 series I see is the cooling.... No intake to come across the videocard area. The thermal separation further hurts that. I don't want to have to purchase an additional expensive drive bay just to house another fan plus have to mod the case up top for an additional exaust to balance the pos/neg more.

Also it looks difficult to hide cabling behind the tray the way they setup cable management. Why should I need to cut up a $300+ case to make it functional for more than simple computing(on air)?

Why does nvidia have to slack when competition is down and keep prices high?

Why is everything profit over customer satisfaction and quality these days? I really hate how this world has come to the point where taking advantage of the moronic general public has become mainstream enough affect everything you can buy these days. It's all about pleasing rich people who want new fashionable garbage every cycle. Almost everything is price premium and chinese "quality".

Now I'm not saying Lian Li cases are crap or that nvidia cards suck.... but I'm sure you know what I mean. :confused:

Sorry for ranting...

v2x10 series... No intake to come across the videocard area.

...additional expensive drive bay just to house another fan plus have to mod the case up top for an additional exaust to balance the pos/neg more.
1: That would be just point cooling.

2: As long as there aren't impedances in airflow path adding fans in serie to "balance pressure" or increase cooling doesn't help much except increase noise. Fans in series can increase only pressure pushing air against backpressure. (like serie connection of batteries rises voltage, not current capacity)
If there's negative pressure somewhere air will find its way toward it and in case of positive pressure air will find its way away from it unless balancing natural airflow is somehow prevented. (like having closed box with only one "fanned" hole)
Instead I would start from this PCI/graphic card cooler which:
A, rises amount of warm air which can be exhausted (and from hot spot)
B, rises airflow into/through upper chamber by generating more negative pressure
C, does that without disturbing present airflow meaning also other components in airflow path get more cooling.
For normal computers that's much more sensible approach than "hole it all" and forcing air though it to every direction.
Of course there's point in high end (overclocking) where holing it all and forcing air to every direction is the only way good enough.

Why does...
Why is everything...
Join the club.

Maybe economical and political elite could answer to those if they could find time off from conditioning homo urbanus to not question anything and to think only their own "slot"...

I really wanted an a77 but I give up trying to find out about cooler compatibility....even if i get the less impressive cm cosmos s I can spend 30 seconds dremeling some plastic from the side fan housing for a tall heatsink to fit.

It was so easy back then... chieftec dragon fit everything(except maybe a voodoo 5 6000 o_O) was almost all aluminum AND was cheap :)

Sure it had a plastic front but it had great cooling tunnel like classical lian li and amenities ;)

Well if anyone cares I actually received a reply from Lian-Li

--> Hi , The space is enough . [FONT=新細明體] Baron Chen (Overseas sales manager)

11-1,KONG-CHIEN N.RD; LIU-TU INDUSTRIAL
PARK,KEELUNG,TAIWAN

TEL:+886 2 2451 3000
FAX:+886 2 2452 5659

[/FONT]www.lian-li.com
e-mail: [email protected]

Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 9:57 AM
To: Baron
Subject: Fw: ContactUs

[FONT=新細明體]----- Original Message ----- [/FONT]
[FONT=新細明體]From:[/FONT] *********

[FONT=新細明體]To:[/FONT] [email protected]

[FONT=新細明體]Sent:[/FONT] Saturday, June 14, 2008 5:59 AM

[FONT=新細明體]Subject:[/FONT] ContactUs

[FONT=新細明體]**********
[/FONT]
[FONT=新細明體]* Message[/FONT]​
[FONT=新細明體]Does Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme heatsink fit inside Full Tower PC-A77? Top Harddrive/PSU bracket is very close to top of motherboard tray.

I am afraid it will not fit when heatsink is mounted vertically?
[/FONT]

Well there you go. Lian Li does such precise machine work that uless you have a really funky mobo it's gonna fit if they say so!

Too bad for Lian-Li unfortunately.... Newegg had a sale on the cosmos s for $229... plus an additional $70 off if you combo'd it with a new processor.

So I got a cosmos s + e8400 wolfdale for $349.98. Even after shipping and tax(yeah I live in NJ :() it's still only $400.

I made out :D

Back