Lian-Li PC-Q02

Whatever power is drawn through the plug(s) is in addition to the 75W from the slot itself. The 7850, for example, draws up to 75W from the 6-pin plug and up to 75W from the slot, for a maximum of 150W combined.

How about installing a H80 / 920 on one of those, that could be amazing!

An H80 radiator actually has larger dimensions than the SFX power supply. It may be possible, but only if you replace the PSU with a PicoPSU or similar.

Of course you'd have no wattage left over for any sort of (modified) video card, but you could get acceptable performance out of a Trinity A10 APU once those come out.

Air cooling isn't really the limiting factor on this case though, it's the low-profile cooler you have to use to stay under that SFX PSU. Once you start thinking about removing that, you have all sorts of options, not just water.

An H80 radiator actually has larger dimensions than the SFX power supply. It may be possible, but only if you replace the PSU with a PicoPSU or similar.

Of course you'd have no wattage left over for any sort of (modified) video card, but you could get acceptable performance out of a Trinity A10 APU once those come out.

Air cooling isn't really the limiting factor on this case though, it's the low-profile cooler you have to use to stay under that SFX PSU. Once you start thinking about removing that, you have all sorts of options, not just water.

Yeah, I'm thinking in how to make Q02 a Gaming rig, and APU will actually work just fine with a low profile CPU cooler.
But Ivy cpu horsepower if far better than trinity.

Where I can buy this case?

I think removing de HDD tray, then with a PCI-e extender connect the best VGA the case can fit and use Virtu tech to go thru MB display ports.

And with some modding, after removing the slim optic drive bracket it could be possible to fit a Antec 620 there.

There are only ideas :D

Hi,
it is good idea, I was looking for similar solution this last days (HTPC, gaming if desired, small compact, aluminium, easy for handling/setting), still do not award a Q02 just evaluate what can be done in best case with less as possible modifications, also think about Q09FN as solution but need more inputs as found till today.
looks like there is enough space between SFX PSU and GPU low profile, single slot, estimated 160mmx110mmx30mm (?GPU: 1-2GB, PCIe3.0, Directx 11, price max 150€)
add. removing of HDD from bottom should give estimated app. 35mm space between GPU and bottom, modding of bottom for better GPU colling, using of case stands 35mm/10mm for better air flow to GPU, Lian Li SD-02
using of mSATA for OS in combination with ASrock Z77E-ITX , modding of front pannel to set an silent fan 80mm for air flow inside of case (any suggestions, Noctau?!).
Placement for 2xHDD 2,5" below ODD cage to the front pannel, install with and try to solve it as hotswap (new Q02 no screws:) Cremax Icy Dock (3,5" to 2x2,5" by 9mm each, 25mm total), maybe without any cutting for fitting (146 x 102 x 25mm)
using of USB3 internal adapter and shorting of USB front cable to MB,
If any space after cable management (?!) maybe think about LCD in front pannel (81mm H) or Audio I/O+eSATA
Need some thoughts:
is PSU enough 300W for ASrockZ77E-ITX, i3 3225 ivy bridge "on waiting" (55W), 2x 4GB DDRAM3/1600, 2x HDD 2,5", in best case GPU (let´s say PowerColor Radeon HD 7750 or Club 3D GeForce GT 640 ), fan front and pannel, LCD
What about anodizing to red (Lian Li still did not response since 2 weeks), is there any problem, any suggestion, or powder coating?
Best Regards+Thanks Vienna1

dm1179
hello, it is very nice built, good stuff,
pls can you check whether the pins on side pannel for new attachemnt are made of steel (magnetic) or not.
I think about anodic recolor to red,
Pls can you measure distance from GPU slot to the bottom
Best Regards and Thanks

@Rolfi
many thanks for update, thought thread died just on the begining
no any threads in www at time available
Did you build already Q02?
I judt finished with my paper model, it looks very cute compared to Q03 and Q07
I´m still not sure about distance from GPU slot to the case bottom (ASRock Z77E-ITX).
Also distance from PSU to the cage for ODD,
hope we will get some more builts this weeks,
Regards from raining Vienna

I´m still not sure about distance from GPU slot to the case bottom (ASRock Z77E-ITX).

DSCN0220_ji.jpg

@Rolfi
many thanks for nice foto!
As I can see, you are using ASrock Z77E, Pico sleeved, and fan placed on back panel, am I wrong?
at least 30mm for GPU, at time on market just PowerColor Radeon HD 7750 or Club 3D GeForce GT 640, well what do you think, is it possible to be set instead hdd 3,5"?
Can the stands be screwed off from bottom, I would like to replace them with Lian Li SD-02 (35mm/10mm), just to order in advance...
Can you advice what is distance from PSU upper side to the cage for ODD, should be app 30mm
think about setting of 2x hdd 2,5" below cage
did you set a fan on back pannel becasue of any a termal issue?
Which PCU are you using, I´m just waiting on i3 Ivy B. 3225 incl. HD4000 iGPU.
well last but not least dielma to recolor to the red, lian li did not take any action on request, easyelox is to expensive, think to do it by myself.
Do you have some experiance with eloxadize?
Thanks buddy

As I can see, you are using ASrock Z77E, Pico sleeved, and fan placed on back panel, am I wrong?
Yes.

at least 30mm for GPU, at time on market just PowerColor Radeon HD 7750 or Club 3D GeForce GT 640.
The case is not provided for a video card. (See back side)

Can the stands be screwed off from bottom, I would like to replace them with Lian Li SD-02 (35mm/10mm), just to order in advance...

Yes, there are threads (M 3) in it.
I replaced them by others.

Which PCU are you using, I´m just waiting on i3 Ivy B. 3225 incl. HD4000 iGPU.

I use a Intel i5 2500K with Boxed Cooler.

Well last but not least dielma to recolor to the red, lian li did not take any action on request, easyelox is to expensive, think to do it by myself.
Do you have some experiance with eloxadize?

No, unfortunately not.

CPU Intel i5 2500K
Samsung SSD 256 GB
Sony BD-5850H-01 Slimline Blu-Ray
Pico-PSU 160W
8 GB Corsair XMS3 RAM

Translated with google. :rolleyes:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Rolfi,
many thanks for some more fotos, it is very nice build, looks "emtpy" without PSU, we have a very simmilar concepts,
yes, this case is not mentioned for GPU, but, with a bit modding on back panel cuold get GPU inside, will see, I´m still somewhere between Q02 black (for a start and shortly after recolor) and Q07 red (biiiig case, but can store some hdd´s - otherwise will requir external storage 2bay hdd case to support Q02 as htpc).
Are you using Q02 as htpc or gaming (CPU-K)?
How is a performance of HD3000 can be used for a game too?
Best Regards
Vienna1

@ Rolfi
it means HD3000 can provide reasonable graphic performances
Thanks&Regards

@Trmntr
Hi, any progress with implementing of GPU and using of Virtu tech to go thru MB display ports?

Such are the values ​​for a normal "work day" for me.
That´s OK.

HWM.JPG

Love the classic Lian Li mini-ITX tower design!

Wow, the case is pretty small, (W) 149mm x (H) 230mm x (D) 200mm, <7L!

It's weird how they include a 300W SFX PSU though, surely with no PCI-E expansion slot, that's rather overkill.

Btw, how much was the case in HK?

Last edited:
this is such a great case, and simple mods to fit a SFX PSU and a video card. Great photos guys keep them coming.

I totally admit I'm not in the know, but where does one get a SFX plate with a fan in it like you used?

Did you make it yourself?

What a nice build! :) Looks very clean with that small power supply. Is that pico-psu (150W?) really able to give the components enough power at full load?

What a nice build! :) Looks very clean with that small power supply. Is that pico-psu (150W?) really able to give the components enough power at full load?

Yes, it´s a pico-psu ( 160W ).
The computer consumes 100W at full load.

That's not much at all! I've never worked with that kind of psu, would like to give it a try. What adapter do you use?

And btw, has a closed loop water cooling set crossed your mind? Especially with that self made plate, you could have made some holes for the tubes and placed the rad outside. Or are you able to keep the temps low with that small cooler and without sufficient airflow?

I guess that this'll do as well, right? And no, I'm not German, that's just the only place I can buy that combo and get it delivered within a week. ;) I'm Dutch actually, but that's not the point. Just don't speak a lot of German to me, expecting me to understand it all, haha. ;)

Anyway, I did some reading on the PicoPSU's today and came up with a quick calculation in the end. You said you have the 160W version, delivering 8A over the 12V-rail. That's 96W. While at 8A, the efficiency is 93%, which leads to the idea that the PSU can "only" get out about 89W while not at peak performance. If you've measured about 100W at full load, can that full load persist longer than one minute? Or am I totally wrong with my calculation?

Then something practical, for both the SSD and an OSD you need SATA-power. Do you use a molex to SATA-power adapter to get the second component powered?

Your temps look good, I think. ;) Especially for that kind of small cooler. Have you tried undervolting at all? Maybe that will kick the temp down some more, considering Ivy Bridges' hotheadedness. :) And while we're at it, when you remove the original PSU, how much space is left for a CPU-cooler? The whole case is about 15cm wide, so I'm guessing 10-12cm myself.

I hope I'm not bothering you a lot, just wanna set up a rig like you have, for all the same reasons. The case is nearly in stock at some hardware shops here in Holland and yeah... better get it done well from the start. :)

Wow, placing a more powerful GPU in the case and routing its output to the onboard video's outputs using Virtu would be great. Anyone going to try this?

Hey peeps,

Wondering if someone could do me a quick favour and make a couple of case measurements for me? I'm wondering what the distance is between the back of the front USB header and the internal part of the back, specifically where the side panel clips in at the back. Basically, I'm wondering how much clearance there is if I were to mount something on the side of the case.

Also, how much clearance is there between the motherboard and a 3.5" HDD if the HDD is mounted on the bottom of the case? Think you'd be able to install 2 HDD's in there, stacked on top of each other?

One more question, could someone measure the distance from the PCI slot to the bottom of the DVD bracket? Thanks :)

Could someone do me a favour and measure the distance between the PCIe-Slot of the motherboard and the bottom of the case? I am interested, if there would be enough space for a one, or dual-slot graphicscard,

I just finish building one of these little buggers.

Named it Earth because of the earth friendly power consumption.

Here is what all I put in it.

LIAN LI PC-TU200B Black Aluminum Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case

ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel Z77

CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB

Galaxy 560TI 56NGH6DM3TTX

I love this little rascal.

Back