Lian Li PC- Q08 itx case : Specification & Feature

If I ever have the money / patience, I'm gonna order some Windy cases from him... but that'll never happen..

The case makes sense to me. The only compromise is the CPU heatsink. It is bigger than PCQ07 like it was expanded. Like Lian Li is saying "You want more room? You got it!". BTW has anybody seen CGAX-4852DDC here:
http://www.club3d.nl/products/products_ending_page_7_with_id.cfm?product_id=157
It looks like it might fit in the Q07 with that power connector not beeing on the edge. That is the main problem with this case but Q08 you can install whatever you want. Also some motherboards have up to 4 SATA ports but cases only have 2 x 3,5 bays. I wish there was something on the DTX side.

Personally I don't see the heatsink size as too much of an issue: we are talking mini-ITX so motherboards' power circuitry aren't really made for high current, so heat dissipation should not be too much of a problem. Even if you put a DFI P55 with a 860, a Big Shuriken should be able to handle it. Or an AXP-140 with a 140mm fan (clearance should allow for this).

I like it a lot but still waiting for more info/pic's.

Looking at:
SG05, SG07, PCQ08, (paired with silverstones new 450W PSU) if I go itx build.

I like it a lot but still waiting for more info/pic's.

Ask and ye shall receive. Credit where credit is due, this link was posted by azrael- at Bit-tech.net. PC-Q08 The first page is broken but the rest is working as of this posting. I can't wait for them to start selling this case.

chartfz.png

q0827.jpg

You don't get credit for being the size of the SG01 and Lan Box but can only fit mini-itx boards. :)

I want one. I hope the silver version is available as soon as the black one is here in the US.

i think i will love this case. :) i´m dreaming of 1x 140 rad for the front, 1x 120 rad for the top and some other nice things....

This case is attractive to me because of the hard drive bays. Would make a nice small file server.

Yeah that would be great for that. Get an ITX board with a PCI-e slot and you can throw a hardware RAID card and you'll be all set.

They need i7 ITX mobos for this to take off. I can definitely see this being an awesome daily computer/gaming box. And just like mrmylanman mentioned, PCI-e RAID and the space for 6 3.5" HDs is awesome. 12TB in a box this small.... *drool*

They need i7 ITX mobos for this to take off. I can definitely see this being an awesome daily computer/gaming box. And just like mrmylanman mentioned, PCI-e RAID and the space for 6 3.5" HDs is awesome. 12TB in a box this small.... *drool*

Well you could get the DFI board and put an i7 860 in it.

I think the socket itself is larger, 3 RAM slots is a lot to fit, and other than the increased memory bandwidth there's not much benefit to socket 1366. Plus I think those still have a northbridge (for PCI-e?), which is more stuff to put in it. I think it all comes down to size.

I think the socket itself is larger, 3 RAM slots is a lot to fit, and other than the increased memory bandwidth there's not much benefit to socket 1366. Plus I think those still have a northbridge (for PCI-e?), which is more stuff to put in it. I think it all comes down to size.

Indeed. X58 mini itx would be impossible, wire traces, pwm, chip/socket sizes.

I really meant a s1336 board. I don't understand why no one will make a powerhouse ITX board.

Considering the fact that you would only have one PCIE slot anyway, I don't see what powerhouse you are talking about that can't be achieved with a socket 1156...

Considering the fact that you would only have one PCIE slot anyway, I don't see what powerhouse you are talking about that can't be achieved with a socket 1156...

Looking more at the differences between 1166 and 1336, I can see the point you guys are making. I thought that 1166 i7 cpus only had 4 threads (ie: no hyperthreading), but the 800 series does. The only downside is the 2 slots of ram, and hence an 8 GB max. Seems as though DFI's board can really be a powerhouse. Bleh on the 3 STA though.

Yeah the 1156 socket ain't bad, but I do think it'll cut off access to six cores down the line. It is a very small form factor though, and it is hard to make it all fit. Shuttle does have an X58 computer though if you want that :-P

Has anyone confirmed if a H50 will fit in this case? I'd love to pick up this case for my server and being able to remove one fan would definitely help me cut down on the noise coming from it.

Has anyone confirmed if a H50 will fit in this case? I'd love to pick up this case for my server and being able to remove one fan would definitely help me cut down on the noise coming from it.

Should just be able to clear the bottom of a PSU. The H50 pump is 55mm tall. Looking at the pics it should fit, but it'll be tight.

I registered here since this was the most active thread on the net I could find bout this case just to say that I dig it.. I have been searching for a m-itx for a baby gamer box build & the more I looked at the silverstones, the less I liked them.. There just plain ugly & look more like a moving box & less like a computer. & the PC-q07 was just a little too cramped but I was leaning this direction with the knowledge that I would be relocating the hard drives elsewhere to hold a good sized video card.
Now this case could actually be a bit smaller as I definitely don't need or want 6 3.5" hard drives in this system (I have an antec 300 case packed with a freeNAS setup for this). So I actually only needed space for 2x 2.5" drives as I will use 7200 rpm notebook drives until I convince my wife I need SSD's. But atleast it will fit everything I need for saily use & allow me to retire my Lian Li full tower (rocketfish flavored) & fit on my desk.

The only other case that I really likes was the antec Mini Skeleton. But the issues I had with it are that its limited to a 90w PS & not only single slot video, But half height & I found a few comments that said it wouldn't even fit half height if it was a decently long card.

Back on topic. Anyone hear anything about a release date?

I just wish they would move the top 120mm fan over some so it would not be half over the PSU.

I just wish they would move the top 120mm fan over some so it would not be half over the PSU.

If I Do get this when it comes out I am going to make a new Power Supply backplate to hold a matx or sfx power supply & it will be moving it as low & far out as possible within the confines of the ATX mounting location. This will give about another inch for clearance of that top fan (should be able to snake a radiator in there then) & an inch farther from the motherboard to allow for larger coolers if it remains air cooled.

Back