Lian Li PC-V1000 vs P5K-E/WIFI-AP vs Ultra-120 Extreme

faugusztin

2[H]4U
Hi,

i already own the motherboard and they heatsink, and i'm planing to buy the PC-V1000B Plus II case. Now, looking at pictures of how heatsink looks on my motherboard, it looks possible to mount it into V1000. The only thing which is questionable is the fan mount system. What do you think, should i try it ? How much space is bellow the bottom mounting holes ?

Here are the photos of heatsink on the motherboard in my current case (PC-A09) :

upperviewfi7.jpg

motherboardviewxg7.jpg

As you can see, those metal things are maybe 1-2 milimeters over the motherboard, otherwise the heatsink boundaries are inside the motherboard boundaries (you can even see a line drawn on the motherboard on first photo :) ). Btw, looking at the 2nd photo - is there enough place for motherboard itself ?

Thanks for answers

PS: Seems like my camera is excelent in doing photos of moving fans - that Noctua was moving when i taken the photo ;-)

Here's a pic of my Ultra 120 Extreme mounted in the V2000 I have. It is the same distance from the CPU socket (ASUS board with an Intel chipset, not nVidia) to the divider, so it should fit as well :) The only boards that won't fit an Ultra 120 Extreme vertically are ones with nVidia 650i/680i/780i chipsets, where the socket is closer to the edge of the board.

wiring3wi7.jpg

The airflow is linear from front to back. So the heatsink's fan is pushing air through the heatsink's fins and out the case through the back. Yes, I flipped that fan around to make it an exhaust. Case didn't come with a CPU duct or the fancy piece around the GPU area, so it really didn't make much sense to have air coming in from two directions with no real exhaust.

And how much space is between the side panel behind the motherboard and the motherboard tray itself. I mean that space where you are routing that small white/red cable. There is probably enough place to route SATA cables here too, no ?

Btw, PC-V1000B Plus II is on route, can't wait till next week when it should arrive :).

Edit: And as soon EX-33 will be on stock i will order it too (even if i won't use drive positions, i will use it's fan as another intake). Unfortunately PC-343 fan module is not in stock (and won't be) in my country. I will also order Scythe Kaze Master 5,25" black fan controller with temperature monitors. I hope it will be nice when completed ;-)

Yea there's enough room to run SATA cables back there, though I don't run any down there since I'm saving that lower chamber for the eventual water loop I'm planning. :)

Back