Lian-Li PC-V1200+ Case with 2 XFX 7800GTX in SLI

asphalt

n00b
While I ,and I am sure most everyone else would agree ,this is not a case mod. Just finished building my new rigg and wanted to share so photos.

Anyway here is my system specs.:

AMD Athlon FX-55
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
2.0 GB Corsair TwinX XMS CAS 2 Dual Channel PC3200 RAM
2 x XFX GeForce 7800GTX (Overclocked @ 490) 256MB GDDR3 RAM in SLI
2x IBM / Hitachi GX180 90Gig Harddrives
2X 200GB Western Digital SATA Drives
Creative Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card
Sony CD-R/ CD-RW Drive
Pioneer Double Layer 16XDVD-RW Drive
Lian-Li PC-V1200 Plus Aluminum Case
Cooler Master Hyper 6+ Heatsink and Fan
Crystalfontz USB 634 LCD Display
Silverstone Zues Power 650W PSU
Windows XP Pro - SP2

P1010001%7E0.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010005.JPG

Did your case come with the window? A friend of mine has the same case and has been looking for a window panel but so far we have had no luck locating one. Or did you add the window yourself? if so great job on the cutting looks factory done!

Lovely setup!! I am jealous for now because I am still waiting to have some extra money to buy another 7800GTX to complete my own SLI rig.

One question I have is where did you get those card holders for the 7800GTX's? I was considering them but I didn't think they made any long enough and with slots to allow the SLI connector to fit. Please tell me where I can get them, I want a pair myself. :)

Sweet PC! I just ordered myself one of the 2000 models (silver too!) It's coming tommorow. I'll give silverpc a look one day. oh and thx for removing the side panel cause we all couldn't see what was inside :p

Pretty clean wire management for a case like that. Btw I think this would be more appropriate in the Lian-Li gallery ;) .

Thank you guys for the positive feedback! In responce to the card holders, they are actually a part of the card itself. I did not purchase them sepperatley it mounted to the card. Ya, I saw the thread right after I posted it . If you would have seen the two previous screw up posts I made to get to this point , you would be happy that I actual posted in atleast the correct forum! lol! asphalt=noob , Thanks again guys!

i have just spent £2,500 on my new rigg and i dont have sli or fx55 instead i have only one 7800gtx and 4800duelcore... so how much money did you spend on that thing? my god must of been ALOT of pennies.

Yes the amount I spent is a bit more than I feal comfortable sharing but, alot of the components werer migrated in from my previous computer. So that cut the cost a bit.

Nice system! I really like how everything turned out, the Cooler Master Heatsink looks awsome with that window too!

I noticed you have your temperatures listed on that LCD screen. I know this is off topic but where did you mount the sensor? Beside the IHS? Inbetween the IHS and Heatsink?

Ahhh thats just pure perfection :D

Nice choice on just everything... Looks really good. Bet BF2 and 3dMark05 run pretty well on it =P

Thanks guys!

noticed you have your temperatures listed on that LCD screen. I know this is off topic but where did you mount the sensor? Beside the IHS? Inbetween the IHS and Heatsink?

I am usin Speedfan to display temps so they are just from the BIOS readings.

Nice choice on just everything... Looks really good. Bet BF2 and 3dMark05 run pretty well on it =P

BF2? na I built it to play Solitary Extreme! JK! BF2 is just aewsome! I enabled the Ultra Quality video settings and play ay 1600x1200x32 , AA 4x, everything maxed out and it is the best!

Hahaha..I saw the other spots where you tryed to post ;)
Really nice system..../wipe tears of joy from eyes/ :D

asphalt said:
I know, I feal like an idiot! :)
Hey dont..once i read what you wanted to post..I was searching to see your system..and I say again NICE :D :D ;)

I've been looking at that Cooler Master HeatSink... :p
Was it hard to install..?? I allso wanted to ask where did you buy your parts for your system?

Thanks for the compliments! The heatsink was not hard to install but, requires you to remove your motherboard. It is much better than the hyper 6 because it does away with the retension mechanism which allows you to mount the direction of the fan in any direction you want. Check out their website and download the instructions as it will give you a good idea on how the install goes. There are tons of reviews on this heatsink also if you do a google search which most go into detail on the install.

I've been looking at that Cooler Master HeatSink...

I got the CPU, Motherboard, Video cards all from newegg.com. The heatsink I got from sundialmicro.com

asphalt said:
Thanks for the compliments! The heatsink was not hard to install but, requires you to remove your motherboard. It is much better than the hyper 6 because it does away with the retension mechanism which allows you to mount the direction of the fan in any direction you want. Check out their website and download the instructions as it will give you a good idea on how the install goes. There are tons of reviews on this heatsink also if you do a google search which most go into detail on the install.

I got the CPU, Motherboard, Video cards all from newegg.com. The heatsink I got from sundialmicro.com

Hey..thanks for the reply..I got the heatsink off ebay..40 bucks not to shabby :D
Great system ..I love looking at the pics..that's until I get my system finished ;)

Nice!

45c with air cooling is another reason why I will never purchase another koolance product in my life.

*kicks exos*

PoS

Back