Lian-Li PC-V2000

T-Bird 151

2[H]4U
Has anybody seen these cases yet...? I think they're sweet, especially for a dedicated home box. Anyone found any news about the cases...like their release dates? prices?

I haven't found much about them...argh they are sweet looking. Maybe I'm a mac lover at heart....HELL NO!!:rolleyes:

Do you think most of the major online retailers will stock it? I'm definately saving up for one right now...I just really like the way they look and it looks like they'll run pretty damned quiet.

I'm not really fond of that case it's Lain-li trying to make a ATX board fit BTX spec.

unfortuantly you gonna find that your video card ends up getting it big time from the CPU you gonna have a big nasty hot pocket of air right there.

as for teh HD mounts they are well designed and should work nicly to keep the heat seperated but will probably require you to have quite long cables that run from the top of the PC to teh bottom.

in all honesty if your thinking of getting that case i would upgrade to a BTX board with PCI-E first as these cases are primarly BTX designed cased with adaptions for ATX spec.

Also you've gotta keep in mine if you reguraly access the insides your gonna have to move the case somewhere else that the engite board is flipped 180 degrees and sits on the wrong side of your case.

Those cases are not BTX, they are an upside-down ATX, very similar to WTX. That case is no way compadable with BTX, hence the door on the right side of the case insted of the left.

BTX cases will look similar, but the door will remail on the left side, with expansion cards up top and the processor in the lower right of the motherboard.

However I have not seen one of these cases in person yet, and maybe Lian Li made it with BTX in mind with a removeable motherboard tray so you could flip it around and make it BTX very easily. But from the website I haven't seen any mention of this.

Originally posted by jnex26
unfortuantly you gonna find that your video card ends up getting it big time from the CPU you gonna have a big nasty hot pocket of air right there.

thats not gonna be a problem at all, the air that you say will get trapped is gonna get sucked out by that huge 120mm fan. effectivley that will help cool the case since the air will be trapped between the vid card and the psu and then sucked right out the case.

I wonder if this will allow fro two power supplies. It looks like a second one could fit where the two fan holes are above the first power supply. Otherwise there would be no way to power 19 dives if the tower were filled to capacity.

What do you guys think the cooling would be like if all of the 3 1/2 inch bays were full and two power supplys in the bottom. I'm no expert on cooling, but am seriously thinking this may be the server case I was looking for.

What I am extremely happy about is that these look kind of like the Apple G5 case. I am seriously considering one of these, despite them not being too quiet, just for the looks...

I wonder about this too. Like I don't want to drop 300 on this case and then mod another PSU into it (ie. cutting).

I think the cooling would be pretty good no matter what...cause you still have that division of cooling, keeping the hot PSUs and HDDs down below.

Originally posted by kairos
I wonder if this will allow fro two power supplies. It looks like a second one could fit where the two fan holes are above the first power supply. Otherwise there would be no way to power 19 dives if the tower were filled to capacity.

What do you guys think the cooling would be like if all of the 3 1/2 inch bays were full and two power supplys in the bottom. I'm no expert on cooling, but am seriously thinking this may be the server case I was looking for.

Enermax makes a 660w PSU with quad 12v rails that would be great for that many hard drives :D

If they're not BTX cases.. then why even buy one ? What a waste.

Back