LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

I definatly agree, the increase in Video card size has skewed standard SFF dimensions thanks to (9800gtx, 8800 gtx ultra, wildcat Realizm 800 :p)

Lian Li probably prepared modernized version of popular micro ATX case PC-V350.

It will comes in three colours. Black, Silver and Red ( like special edition ARMORSUIT PC-P80R ).

But the colour isnt only one change. It looks there were some changes inside too. There were originaly two 5,5 bays for optical drives on each side. Newly, there are one 5,5 and one 3,5. So probably longer VGA will fit.
Exhaust of rear fan looks diferent. Maybe its 92cm fan now.
At the and. I thínk, The case is litle bit higher.

Bad quality photos from Computex 2008

http://img4.net/pupload/view/13747/

PS:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1322828

(Please, sorry my bad English )

idle cpu: 30°
idle mb: 40°

load cpu: about 45°
load mb: about 45°

gpu load: if i remeber correctly about 60-70°, don´t 100% sure about that.

with a dual radi you will not reach perfect temps. but i need only a stable, silent running system...

with a dual radi you will not reach perfect temps. but i need only a stable, silent running system...

I know, but your tem are pretty good anyway - silent system is the most important, so looks like your system is working great under WC.

Cheers!

I don't know how you guys manage your cables in this case, I just did a test fit and there's not really anywhere to hide the power or sata cables coming down to the board.

@skyline889
yes and no... i mounted it with double sided tape. it´s normaly used to mount mirrors. it´s teperature stable und adheres verry good.

http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showpost.php?p=8562618&postcount=355

That looks great tremeloes, I think I might try that if I have the time.

ComputexDay2009.jpg

There is a pic of a new revision of the 350

It looks like there are some air holes in the front and a 3.5" adapter. Also now comes in red? :)

Accelero S1 won't fit without major modification by chopping part of HDD and optical cage away ..

I've two Accelero S1 lying around unused after shifted into V350 .... wasted ... arr !!

Ah, thats what I feared, thx for the info. Everything gets so hot inside the case with no exhaust fan, so i thought that replacing the heatsink on my 8800GTS 512mb would reduce some of the heat (but I guess it would still generate the same amount ..). Any other silent heatsink choices?

I have a mini ninja on my cpu, so that should be covered.

Thinking about drilling a new hole on the side(s) for a 120mm fan... How have u guys managed ur airflow conf.

I just got my SI-128 in and after thinking about it, I'm not sure how to put my fan on top. The SI-128 is a horizontal mount HSF so the fan lays right beneath the PSU intake on my HX620. I've seen a lot of guys running the HSF with the fan blowing down in this case but won't it cause the PSU fan to fight for air?

What mobod do you recommend to use in this case? also, will a 9800gtx+ fit in this case?

I'd also like to hear from someone who put a 9800gtx in the 350; I'm pretty sure it'll fit, but a confirmation would make me feel better.

As for motherboards, the P5E-VM HDMI by Asus has a great reputation, evidenced by its huge thread on the sff forum front page. It's been great to me, though I haven't pushed it yet.

-HomelessDepot

This is an interesting case that is for sure. May be looking into this one for a SFF build I would like to do.

Ah, thats what I feared, thx for the info. Everything gets so hot inside the case with no exhaust fan, so i thought that replacing the heatsink on my 8800GTS 512mb would reduce some of the heat (but I guess it would still generate the same amount ..). Any other silent heatsink choices?

I have a mini ninja on my cpu, so that should be covered.

Thinking about drilling a new hole on the side(s) for a 120mm fan... How have u guys managed ur airflow conf.

I think I might try to install a 2x120mm radgrill on the cpu side and run either one or two thin 120mm Yate Loons. I also found that you can fit a 92mm fan in the HD cage so I might do that as well. This case cools ram and the NB/SB really well but cooling for cpu and hard drives leaves much to be desired.

I put a 92mm fan in place of the 80 and drilled out extra vent holes. It is moving a lot more air. Have Silverstone fan set at about 2200 rpm and it is quiet also.

@toetoe2

you should try something like this
on the left side
the original holes for the fan are way to small. the temps in my setup dropped about 3° after that.

I enlarged all the holes on the grill for the 80/now 92 cm fan. I didn/t want it so that you could stick something in the fan, finger or otherwise.

I see you have main fans behind the radiator. Which way are they blowing, air coming in from front of the case or blowing out the front?

that's a massive cut make ..... to accommodate AC S1 ///

I wonder would they be any other cooler that works within V350 ... apart from Akasa Vortexxx Neo that I'm using now .... a bit noisy ...

What about new Accelero TWIN TURBO? Its about 3cm cm lower. But probably little bit noisy.

Those of you guys looking to see if the 9800's and GTX280's should be okay. If you look at emax's post on page 7 he has a 9800gx2 sitting in there.

Anyone know who has these in stock right now? I'm looking to buy one for my new build.

Two quick questions for the folks who put water cooling into their cases. How much did the entire setup cost you and is it not a good idea to transport the system around (like for lan parties)?

Hi, I just wanted to show some pics of my recently finished project:

Where did you put the Hard Drive and DVD Drive? If they aren't there, then the question of why watercool a small case if you can't have all your items in it? Plus is that the new V350? I noticed your back motherboard tray and it's not the same as the one I got.

Anyone have any suggestions to squeeze out better cooling in this case? So far I cut out the metal in the back where the 80mm fan goes and put 3 40mm fans right above the I/O ports for the exhaust, and then I cut out the "grill" in the front of the case on the bottom right in front of the two 120mm fans. I'm debating drilling a hole in the front of the case and putting another 80mm or 120mm fan there, but then the case wont look as sexy IMO.

Where did you put the Hard Drive and DVD Drive? If they aren't there, then the question of why watercool a small case if you can't have all your items in it? Plus is that the new V350? I noticed your back motherboard tray and it's not the same as the one I got.

Sry for the late reply.

The harddrives are in the inox steel case in the front, its a "Silentstar HD Dual" made by Watercool.

The DVD Drive is the key problem atm. everything else ist running fine, but there is no external 5,25" drive enclosure, that suits the v350. So i'm going to put a slimline slot-in DVD in the case. It seems to fit. :D

Forgot to ask - what is that rad you use? normally 2x120mm rad has 284mm...

Back