Lian Li PC-V351

the fan grill is no longer 1 piece now too which is ezier to swap the fan ( but i never really have to swap a fan actually lol i mean if 1 goes bad the other one shouldnt last much longer too lol )
and ya like drgnfang said a little more opening at the bottom of the HDD cage shoiuld let 1 of the HDD become cooler... ( unless u use Velociraptor! lol )
other than that everything looks similiar
execpt the side I/O panel moved from left to the right and some more holes in the front ( which makes the front not as nice/smooth looking, but that just me of coz )

The fans they have in there might be slower speed fans? It says 1000rpm for the 120's.

looks like they switched to using thumb screws to hold the hard drives in. I like the open design of the hard drive bay; I'll probably have to mod my V-300 similarly.

still no support for the PE-01

pe01b01sw7.jpg

I wish they could have added an option to add the above accessory

How's the vibration on these things? LL = prone to it from reading a lot of user comments. Too bad they didn't bother improving the thermal layout design - still looks like exhaust will be a problem?

Hi. This is first post on this forum. I'm pretty new to pc's but enjoying learning.
I'm interested in building a micro pc like the V351.
On the Lian Li site there are conflicting statements regarding this box.
When I was reading the 'Thermal' page, it stated that the 351 had 2 120mm fans in the front. This was near the top of the page,
Near the bottom, possibly the last part on that page, it stated that the box had a 140mm fan in front and a 120mm on the top.
I believe the pictures of the 351 are really the 350.
I'm trying to get clarification from Lian Li.
Can a top fan be put on the box with out too much of a hassle? Or how about more of a fan in the rear?
And how big a heatsink and fan can be put on the cpu?
Thanks for any feedback.
Hugger

Where do you see it being possible to mount a fan to the top of this box? The V350 thread has way much info - "Search". Highest HSF I've seen unmodded is the Noctua 92mm heatsink.

Here you go:
There is a 120mm fan on the top cover, exhaust the hot air out of the system to keep the hot air out of the system. 140mm intake fan fitted in the front of the chassis to input cool air through the HDD racks, and feed the cool air to the system, exhausted out by the PSU.
Linky:
http://www.lian-li.com.tw/v2/en/pro...ex=317&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=63&g=t

I'm almost certain this is what Hugger is talking about. It is most likely a mistake on lian li's part.

Here you go:

Linky:
http://www.lian-li.com.tw/v2/en/pro...ex=317&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=63&g=t

I'm almost certain this is what Hugger is talking about. It is most likely a mistake on lian li's part.

Its a mistake. Read carefully.:
There is a 120mm fan on the top cover, exhaust the hot air out of the system to keep the hot air out of the system. 140mm intake fan fitted in the fornt of the chassis to input cool air through the HDD racks, and feed the cool air to the system, exhausted out by the PSU.

Its description from diferent case.

I NEED a rumored ETA on this case. Spout some bullshit, anything...

What would be a good cooler for core 2, i7 and Ph II that will fit within bounds of the tray?

Well definitely been seeing price cuts on the Egg on the V350, and the silver one has been OOS. FrozenCPU doesn't have either colors in stock. Hopefully it's close....

When I was reading the 'Thermal' page, it stated that the 351 had 2 120mm fans in the front. This was near the top of the page,
Near the bottom, possibly the last part on that page, it stated that the box had a 140mm fan in front and a 120mm on the top........

And how big a heatsink and fan can be put on the cpu?

Hugger

I saw that too and I'm wondering about the fans also. At the specs sheet it says 1-120 fan and 1-80 fan so I'm thinking the translation dept and the designers aren't on the same page at the moment.

Also Im looking at the sliding tray and I wonder if my AC7 cooler would fit. Looks like it would just barely slide in.

I NEED a rumored ETA on this case. Spout some bullshit, anything...

Came out last Saturday at an introductory price of $49.95, we were going to let you know but it slipped our minds. Out of stock now, next shippment in May will be at the MSRP of 349.98 + shipping/tax. :D

Are you kidding me...

I just order the PC-V350B from mwave for $109 shipped last night!

The PC-V351B is the same price as the PC-V350B!

------------------

~Edit~

I decided to order the V351B as well. Mwave say I can try to refuse shipment on the V350B and get a full refund back but I don't like refusing shipment. Last time that happen the UPS man never ship it back and tracking claims it was dropped off at my front door. Calling support did not help one bit and in the end it seems the UPS guy stole my package.

Mwave says they do not accept refunds on computer cases. Urgh... this is going to be a bumpy ride.

Are you kidding me...

I just order the PC-V350B from mwave for $109 shipped last night!

The PC-V351B is the same price as the PC-V350B!

I don't know which mwave site you're looking at, but the V351 is most definitely not selling for $109 shipped.

I don't know which mwave site you're looking at, but the V351 is most definitely not selling for $109 shipped.

Ah yes, $11 shipping. It is most definitely a deal breaker there :rolleyes:.

Total is $127 shipped for me. Taxes... UGH. It's not really a deal breaker, but it doesn't make me wanna jump on it like I wanna jump on Freida Pinto. If it was $109, I would have bought it already. Also, regardless of being a deal breaker, he was misinforming the forums.

Total is $127 shipped for me. Taxes... UGH. It's not really a deal breaker, but it doesn't make me wanna jump on it like I wanna jump on Freida Pinto. If it was $109, I would have bought it already. Also, regardless of being a deal breaker, he was misinforming the forums.

Did not know $18 meant that much to you. Last time $18 meant that much to me was back in middle school.

For anyone in the market for a Lian-li mATX case they should be jumping all over this deal since it is price the same as the old v350b rather than $200 or higher. I'm sure most people are willing to cough up the $11 or $18 (if you pay tax) to have the new version.

If anything, it is an awesome deal to just pay only $11~18 for a new Lian-li case rather than another $100.

Did not know $18 meant that much to you. Last time $18 meant that much to me was back in middle school.

For anyone in the market for a Lian-li mATX case they should be jumping all over this deal since it is price the same as the old v350b rather than $200 or higher. I'm sure most people are willing to cough up the $11 or $18 (if you pay tax) to have the new version.

If anything, it is an awesome deal to just pay only $11~18 for a new Lian-li case rather than another $100.

Maybe you're rich and/or have a stable job, but I don't yet. So... back off. Any amount of money I can shave is a dollar I can spend on something else or put into my savings.

No need to throw around insults about people you don't know.

That's like me looking down on someone about how they can't fit floor speakers into their room by saying "the last time I was worrying about space around my desktop was when I was a freshman in college" and then proceeding to talk about the merits of floor speakers over bookshelves. THANK YOU! I KNOW FLOOR SPEAKERS ARE BETTER. Doesn't change the fact that floor speakers don't fit into that room.

Know what I mean?

^
Not really.

Rather saving a dollar how about trying to get the MOST out your dollar.

Now that the new v351 is out at the same price as the v350, it is unreasonable to buy the v350. So they offer free shipping for the v350? Big whoopie-doo. That is still overprice for the old v350.

It is the same thing as buying a new car. For example when a 2009 Honda Accord is release, people flood the dealerships to get great prices on the 2008. How much can they save? Quite a lot ($1000~2000) reason being is the 2008 are not new and need to be clear out to make more room for the 2009 Accords.

Now you have to be a real bad shopper to accept a 2008 Accord at the same price as the 2009 Accord and all they offer is free designation fee ($500).

In this case, the v350s are now the last year's model. Rather than discounting the cases they offer free shipping which is a mere $11~$18. The only way to justified the price for the old v350 is to at least discount them by taking off $30+ on the price.

That is getting most out of your dollar you are trying to save. Buying the older v350 at the same price of the v351 your not saving any REAL money. Rather they are making more money off of you. If you want a v350 then you should wait for them to price it correctly. If you want the most out of your money right now then the v351 is the better buy.

I canceled my v351 preorder weeks back for the v350. So are you gonna call me dumb and a bad shopper?

These two cases are pretty much identical, hell, lots of people don't like the V351's look. Shave $30 off? Rofl. Your car analogy is horrible - there's no indication the V351 is replacing the V350, only a different model. If they wanted to replace it they would keep the V350 name since there's already 2 revisions of this case.

Your insult on Alai is uncalled for and immature. Go brag about your income and what a dollar's not worth to you somewhere else.

I wonder if they plan to phase out the 350 any time soon now that they have the 351? Anyone hear any rumors if so or not?

Better get it in the off chance they do. These things rarely if ever go on sale, and the time newegg put it on sale, it cost more than mwave.

So by your logic, every good deal should be taken advantage of. Lol. Spoken like someone without budget limits. There's no way I could take advantage of every good deal, regardless of whether it is a good deal or not. I don't have enough total money. Do you not understand budget constraints and opportunity costs? Go take a finance/economics class.

And, I would stick with the Acura 2008. $500? HECK YES! That's an awesome 20"-24" monitor or an amazing pair of speakers or a baller speaker amp! That's an amazing headphone or headphone amp or DAC! That's an awesome receiver! That's an awesome graphics card! If the car gets me from A to B, $500 is not worth an "upgraded" version.

^
Not really.

Rather saving a dollar how about trying to get the MOST out your dollar.

Now that the new v351 is out at the same price as the v350, it is unreasonable to buy the v350. So they offer free shipping for the v350? Big whoopie-doo. That is still overprice for the old v350.

It is the same thing as buying a new car. For example when a 2009 Honda Accord is release, people flood the dealerships to get great prices on the 2008. How much can they save? Quite a lot ($1000~2000) reason being is the 2008 are not new and need to be clear out to make more room for the 2009 Accords.

Now you have to be a real bad shopper to accept a 2008 Accord at the same price as the 2009 Accord and all they offer is free designation fee ($500).

In this case, the v350s are now the last year's model. Rather than discounting the cases they offer free shipping which is a mere $11~$18. The only way to justified the price for the old v350 is to at least discount them by taking off $30+ on the price.

That is getting most out of your dollar you are trying to save. Buying the older v350 at the same price of the v351 your not saving any REAL money. Rather they are making more money off of you. If you want a v350 then you should wait for them to price it correctly. If you want the most out of your money right now then the v351 is the better buy.

I
These two cases are pretty much identical, hell, lots of people don't like the V351's look. Shave $30 off? Rofl.

This.

The cases mechanically are almost identical and aesthetically, I'd rather have the V350 than the spot mustached V351. The V351 is not a new model, it's a revision. A revision with changes, a lot of people don't even like or want I should add. If they had actually fixed the problems with the V350 in the V351 then yes, the old model would have been obsolete and there would be no point in paying the same amount for the old one as the new one, however they chose not to do this and thus, it really comes down to personal preference between the two, not because one case is "better" than the other. Newer does not necessarily equate to improved.

What's the tallest heatsink I could put in the V351? Would something like the Zalman CNPS9900LED (152mm height) fit?

Edit:
Looks like the max height for heatsinks is 125mm like in the V350. Bummer. I'll have to use a Zalman CNPS9500 or does anyone have any recommendations? I'll be using a Q6600 G0.

if you just looked through the v350 thread, you'll find the c12p and u9b :rolleyes:

Ah well. It seems people have different shopping methods.

Anyhow on mwave it seems the V350 has jump up back to regular $129.99 + S/H.

Your choice now if you want the old v350 for $129.99 or the new V351 for $109.99 +S/H.

I'll just keep my EnzoTech Extreme I guess.

It works pretty well.

You really need to work on your attitude / etiquette:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033218908&postcount=265

If my question annoyed you, why even respond?

Gonna be my counselor or shrink now? Or is stalking people the best thing's that you've got to do? Do some hw yourself, you're capable of using a search function and looking through a thread littered with posts and pictures, and examples of many many cooling systems, right?

I answered your question, so how bout you just take that and leave it there? :rolleyes:

Back