Lian Li PC-V354B Black Micro ATX Case - $88

I really want to pull the trigger on this case, but I have reservations. There seems to be no cable management and it looks like the Graphics card will dispell its air directly into the PSU.

I really want to pull the trigger on this case, but I have reservations. There seems to be no cable management and it looks like the Graphics card will dispell its air directly into the PSU.

I think if you add-on the back exhaust fan it should create decent enough airflow to clear out the heat. But I don't know what parts you are trying to put in it either. There is a top 140mm fan space too. If I do get it, I plan on replacing the fans with Noctura ones anyhow.

Cable management is a challenge with this case. A modular PSU is a must.

Here is what mine used to look like. I have actually cleaned it up more recently but don't have pictures.

http://i.imgur.com/fp1fkl.jpg

Great case, Has its flaws but worth it for 88 compared to others in its class, If you arent lazy you can do a decent job with this thing, I managed to squeeze in SLI with room to spare

My favorite case.

ATK99.jpg

Last edited:
I like it very much myself. 2 intake fans supply enough air to keep things cool. Takes a little time to do the wiring, but it's pretty manageable. Way better than the v351 that my oldest daughter is using. Frequently overheats since it won't take a standard size cpu cooler. Gonna pick this one up to replace it!

I wanted the v354 for a long time now.

I wish it had the updated quick release side panels that the new v355 has.

They strip easily and disappear into the carpet if you drop it.

I want to buy one. Just because i havent had a Matx case in about 6 years. But I have an ABS Black Pearl in closet and my Canyon 595 that i just cant get rid of.

I bought one. Tired of lugging around my 90lb 700D around.

Ohh this is just the tip of an iceberg, Just wait till you enjoy Matx and then realize what can be done with ITX! I can carry my whole LAN setup in one trip, Case, cords, keyboard, mouse, switch all in my backpack and my monitor in its case... really makes people jealous :D

Ohh this is just the tip of an iceberg, Just wait till you enjoy Matx and then realize what can be done with ITX!
Yep, I just bought a V354 setup with a Micro-ATX Asus Gene V. I really enjoy it overall but I've been thinking about the Lian Li PC-Q25B + Mini-ITX Asus P8Z77-I for a truly portable workstation. The only thing stopping me is the need for 32GB of RAM.

I think I'm going to build my next machine with this, time to order at this price. Thanks for posting this OP, You just saved me 22$.

I was thinking about this or the TJ08 but this is smaller, and can still hold a good amount of hardware.

I love this case. I just paid this much for a PC-Q11. I would buy another one of these right away if I could get it in Canada for this price. I actually found cable management pretty good in this case considering how it is built. I routed most of my cables under the hdd/odd cage area and over the top of the motherboard. Air flow is fantastic and my system idles in the mid 20's with stock cooler. GTX 460 overclocked FTW edition idles in low 30's. When gaming the CPU doesn't go past the mid 50's and GPU tops out at around 60-65. I am not using stock fans, I am using Enermax fans, they are quieter and aren't blue but added 2-3 degrees to the temps. This is one of the best cases I've ever used.

img2847w.jpg

img2848t.jpg

I love this case. I just paid this much for a PC-Q11. I would buy another one of these right away if I could get it in Canada for this price. I actually found cable management pretty good in this case considering how it is built. I routed most of my cables under the hdd/odd cage area and over the top of the motherboard. Air flow is fantastic and my system idles in the mid 20's with stock cooler. GTX 460 overclocked FTW edition idles in low 30's. When gaming the CPU doesn't go past the mid 50's and GPU tops out at around 60-65. I am not using stock fans, I am using Enermax fans, they are quieter and aren't blue but added 2-3 degrees to the temps. This is one of the best cases I've ever used.

img2847w.jpg

img2848t.jpg

Modular PSU's are obviously a must with this case.

The forums have an entire thread with this case as the focus.

I followed it for a while until I pulled the trigger on my own. I have an i3 1155 installed for server purposes and it has 3 drives, no optical, and headless. This thing really fit the bill for me and a modular psu is highly recommended. I took out the USB front headers because I had no plans to use them and the cables just got in the way. I would buy this case again for my purposes but I would have reservations with a power rig.

I use this exact case for my NAS setup. Pretty awesome, and good enough airflow for that purpose.

Damn I want this case but the code isn't working for me.

"The promo code LLMay2012 is for a product not in your shopping cart. Please check your promo code and try again."

I'm signed up for their email promotions too.

I have one for my HTPC, and honestly, I don't know that I'd buy another one. Yeah, it looks great in the entertainment center, but I tinker with the insides too much for this case -- it's 8-9 screws to get a single side panel off, then another 4 to move the power supply, 2 more to get access to the expansion slots. It's to the point where I'm mostly done tinkering, but it's just a pain to make any changes to anything internally.

Back