Lian LI V-1000BW or SPCR's Black Antec P180?

Even if that Kia turns out to be one top notch product? What if it was considered one of the best in its class with a slightly lower price compared to other competitors?

mickey987 said:
Even if that Kia turns out to be one top notch product? What if it was considered one of the best in its class with a slightly lower price compared to other competitors?

Nope, its still a Kia. Yes, porsche may be close to a ferrari and a hell of a lot cheaper, but its not a Ferrari by a long shot. Just ask the women.

And btw i dont have a lian li. I have the best case ever for my needs (and generally regarded as one of the best in general), Coolermaster ATC 101-B sx-4. Nothing else comes close exept Silverstones top of the line model.

computerpro3 said:
Nope, its still a Kia. Yes, porsche may be close to a ferrari and a hell of a lot cheaper, but its not a Ferrari by a long shot. Just ask the women.

And btw i dont have a lian li. I have the best case ever for my needs (and generally regarded as one of the best in general), Coolermaster ATC 101-B sx-4. Nothing else comes close exept Silverstones top of the line model.

this is a poor comparison. Porsche is a much better car maker than ferarri.

btw you're Coolermaster is not in the same league as a LianLi, it's much closer to Antec :D

JSquid said:
this is a poor comparison. Porsche is a much better car maker than ferarri.

btw you're Coolermaster is not in the same league as a LianLi, it's much closer to Antec :D

Youre right, its not in the same league, its about 2 leagues above.

this is an OLD coolermaster, not the newer ones. :rolleyes: This one was designed and made by the silverstone design team, whcih split from coolermaster. The atc-101b was their flagship design, above even the legendary black widow and atc-110 that falcon northwest and ALL the boutique manufacturers used. Do some research. $275-300 if you can find any left. But I believe I got the last one in the country from circotech.com about a year ago. You can no longer buy them.

And Ferrari currently holds the world record in speed, besting the mclaren f1. Not to mention it has the fastest convertable in the world, as well as one of the most respected f1 records.

What's porche's advantage again?

computerpro3 said:
Youre right, its not in the same league, its about 2 leagues above.

this is an OLD coolermaster, not the newer ones. :rolleyes: This one was designed and made by the silverstone design team, whcih split from coolermaster. The atc-101b was their flagship design, above even the legendary black widow and atc-110 that falcon northwest and ALL the boutique manufacturers used. Do some research. $275-300 if you can find any left. But I believe I got the last one in the country from circotech.com about a year ago. You can no longer buy them.

the ATC series *dROOOOL* IMO the old ATC cases still look better then the new silverstones. people pay good money for those old ATCs

JSquid said:

your so competely wong, do some research on the old ATC cases from Cooler Master before they did the company split. Check out the early pages of the Cooler master gallery right here in the case mod gallery.

lol opinions. i think the old coolermaster cases are fugly and the new ones suck.

the land speed record doen not belong to ferarri.

Fastest Land Car Speed
The one-mile (1.609-km) land speed record is 1,227.985 km/h (763.055 mph), set by Andy Green in Thrust SSC in the Black Rock Desert, Nevada, USA, on October 15, 1997. Thrust SSC (Super Sonic Car) completed its record-breaking run in a matter of seconds, but was the culmination of six years of work and a six-week on-site campaign. Two and a half years of research went into the shape of the Thrust SSC, and building the most powerful car ever took a further two years and 100,000 man-hours.

I have actually owned a Porsche, any of you guys have a Ferarri?

This might come as a shock but I don't think im getting either of them

The V-1100B has caught my eye, what do you guys think? its the silent V series with the door. very clean cut and elegant.

The doors on the v1100s are sort of naff (imo).

Stock for stock though, I'd go with a windowless v1000 over the antec or the v1100. It just looks a hell of a lot better to me. Any shortcomings it might have compared to the antec or v1100, I can work with to improve myself.

"What's porche's advantage again?"

Spending more time on the road than in the shop? :D

The Lian Li masturbation on this topic is funny. I've seen their cases, they are fine, but they aren't worthy of the wankery going on here in my opinion. It's a nice aluminum case. So what?

HAY DOODS IM LIKE A FERRARI OWNER WITH MY LIAN LI, AM I RITE?

Sure you are, buddy, sure you are. :p

The P180 isn't comparable to anything that Lian Li makes that I know of, anyway. It is made of steel and is intentionally heavy to dampen sound, whereas the Lian Lis are much lighter by design thanks to their aluminum construction. Also, the P180 has more in the way of sound-reducing features (e.g. the construction of the panels) than the Lian Lis do.

So it is really apples and oranges, unless you are all about your e-penis in the case modding forums, in which case have at it. :D

aldy402 said:
The V-1100B has caught my eye, what do you guys think?

I think you should buy what you like. Why do you need our approval?

This thread might have some of the most uninsightful content I've ever read on this forum outside of the genmay area.

i like the v1100b
i like doors as well ;)
let me know before you buy one i might be selling mine
DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

bfg6800u.jpg

:)

applejacks said:
i like the v1100b
i like doors as well ;)
let me know before you buy one i might be selling mine

may I ask why ur selling? pm me a price

aldy402 said:
may I ask why ur selling? pm me a price
Because im getting a p180

lol jk i need a little bit more room for my watercooling setup

ozziegn said:
a P180 over a Lian Li V1000BW? are you guys on crack or what?

thats like comparing a Porsche Cayenne SUV to a Kia Sorrento.

there's simply no comparison. :p
I have to disagree.

Having owned several Lian Li cases and a new P180 that replaced my PC-65B, I believe it's a very valid comparison.
They are both nice cases, well built, and easy to work on.
However, there are some big differences between them.

The P180 is much heavier and is better for a quiet system than any Lian Li I've seen.
Multilayered side panels, rubber grommets for hard drive mounting, and built in filters for the intake fans are some of the features I like.

Lian Li cases on the other hand are more mod friendly, lighter, and nice to look at.

Both cases are nice. But the cost of the black version of the P180 really is a rip IMO:

With regard to the normal P180 in silver and the SPCR version in black. The color looks to be the only difference in the case. With the normal silver version to be found for $100 after $19 MIR until 31 Aug from Monarch in the deals section

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...tore_Code=M&Product_Code=100998&AFFIL=TH&NR=1

and the black SPCR going for $160 without shipping. 60 bucks for black is a large premium.

For the Lian-Li 1100, Monarch has the Black verson for $230 which is 11 bucks cheaper than silver version

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=M&Category_Code=C1-LL

If these are the only two cases that you're considering and you definitely must have black, I would go for the Lian Li.
If you can go silver, go for the Antec as it's over 100 bucks cheaper with the deal.

Or, wait and see when the Silverstone TJ07 comes out. (I think it'll be around $260 though)

Ok, I finally got my FTP working correctly again so here is my case. Sorry about the bad picture, but I was having troulbe with my camera at the time. Also ignore the crappy wiring, I had some serious issues awhile back and had to trouble shoot a lot of things and I never bothered to put my wiring back nice and neat.

case.jpg

-Nebruin

nebruin said:
Ok, I finally got my FTP working correctly again so here is my case. Sorry about the bad picture, but I was having troulbe with my camera at the time. Also ignore the crappy wiring, I had some serious issues awhile back and had to trouble shoot a lot of things and I never bothered to put my wiring back nice and neat.

http://home.comcast.net/~zipper777/case.jpg[IMG]

-Nebruin[/QUOTE]
learn how to use your camera before posting pics

I'm about to buy a V1000B Plus. I've owned many cases. The most recent have been an Apple G5 case, an Antec Aria, and now a 3700BQE. I don't know why I bought cases with plastic parts after the G5. I'm REALLY getting annoyed by cheap plastic parts on a case that holds 1000's of dollars worth of components.

I would go with the Lian Li. That's what my next case is going to be.

Back