lian-li v2000 Case with [Corsair 110/100i or Kraken x60)

Sephrioth

Weaksauce
How would you fit a closed liquid cooling Corsair 110 or 100i or Kraken x60 into a Lian-Li V2000 case. This is an older case). I think that mounting it upright in the front would make the distance too long for the hoses. Anyone? How would you mount it upright anyway in the drive bay area, with mounting brackets?

lian-li-pc-v2000-plus-2-5.jpg

The processor location is is where the metal plate is under the fan on the right.

you can't mount a 240mm/280mm radiator in that case unless you're willing to mod the case and make the cuts in the top of the case to allow a 240mm/280mm radiator there like
This
.. and This if not then you will have to use 120mm radiator in the rear at most.. thats not a good case for watercooling unless you start to mod it... like This one

I have seen cases where the radiator was mounted vertically in the front (extention bays area). But this is a large case, so I assume the cables of stock closed loop water coolers would be too short.

How would you attach the Corsair 110 or Kraken X60 to these brackets? They seem to have bolts, and the openings could be too wide for the screws of these water filters.

It requires a bit of creativity if you want to use that to mount near the expansion bay area, a few holes need to be drilled on left side of the motherboard tray (based on your picture). Also can be used to mount your rads at the drive bays area.

But at least it won't require too much muscle work compared to cutting up a hole on the top.

I would give you a picture of how I mounted my 240 and 360 rad, but then again I didn't make any pictures of it, and my V2000 case is now a server.

I have a H220 in a V1000, it took a bit of cutting to get it where I wanted it (not visible externally when all the covers are on).

I had to cut the midplane under the 5.25 bays to clear the end tank, and notch the midplane for the hoses to clear. I also bought a set of of UN designs 5.25 rad brackets.

You can see the notched midplane in the top two pics, and you can see how I removed the midplane under the 5.25 bays in the last pic. I didn't re-rivet the cage back together, used machine screws instead for easy dis/re-assembly.

I have drilled covers for the drive bays, matches the front of the case nicely.

2014-05-13

IMG_20140513_201210.jpg

IMG_20140908_162120.jpg

Here you go man.
This is what I made with my now 10 year old case.
Best 500 dollars I ever spent. Future proofed till this day.

iI0IJbI.jpg

Back