Lian-Li X2000

I'll have to consider this when I build my new system in 2010. :-D, just hope the price drops a little.

I kinda like that idea. Better than having them behind a door. I hate doors. If the case is facing you, it makes putting a disc in easier, especially for people with only one eye. :D

Kinda ugly having them on the side though. Still on the fence about it. Everything else is slick.

What sold me are the backplane HDDS (once you try it, you will never go back).

Also the fact that the optical drives are on the side is great. The case is already really deep so why force an additional 5" of clearance in front. For my setup, it will be perfect.

Beyond that, the thing is just georgous and the fold down mobo tray is dope.

that this is Huge! for a HTPC...@ least for my setup ...

but I've always been a fan of Lian Li, aluminum + clean lines = ftw

I've been on the fence about buying either this case, or the Armorsuit P80 for my next build. The guys over at xtremesystems talked about how this case isn't actually great for a high performance system because of depth issues. Also, the new Veloci-raptors won't work with the backplane. Not the case's fault of course, but still. I wish they'd anodize the inside of the Armorsuit, though. Undeniably a great looking case.

I would consider it for a futrure build, mainly based off looks and size alone, but I'm annoyed with the 2x 80mm fans on the bottom.

Case makers moved away from putting 80mm fans in their builds 4-5 years ago. Why the hell is Lian Li trying to bring it back?

It's always hard trying to figure out how to watercool lian li cases because of their unusual philosophy on fans (140mm on some, some cases have 120mm but weirdly spaced, some only have one exhaust fan, etc, etc)

~S

I like it, I have my PC On my desk, a case like that could very easily sit on the floor and the optical drives would still be within easy reach. got to remember, My desk is not a computer desk so normal towers wont work on the floor for me as there to far away.
Only thing it needs is a 7" drive bay for Thermaltakes Video screen, lol. I actually think it is alot better designed than the Thermaltake case, Thermaltake went to far with including mounting space for an ITX MB.

The first Lian Li case I would really like to buy. Too bad the price is simply out of the question. I love the design, the features, cooling possibilities but well over 500 US-$ is simply too much to spend on a PC case for me.

The first Lian Li case I would really like to buy. Too bad the price is simply out of the question. I love the design, the features, cooling possibilities but well over 500 US-$ is simply too much to spend on a PC case for me.

For just about anybody, imo. I'm sure it'll sit on shelves for awhile before Lian Li gets a clue on this one.

~S

Back