Lies Of P

AHK is super easy to use for simple key rebinds. Just make a new text file and save as .ahk extension. Inside the file would look something like this (I've never actually done the arrows keys before, but I'd imagine it'd look like this)
up::w
down::s
left::a
right::d

someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

AHK is super easy to use for simple key rebinds. Just make a new text file and save as .ahk extension. Inside the file would look something like this (I've never actually done the arrows keys before, but I'd imagine it'd look like this)
up::w
down::s
left::a
right::d

someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

and then put that text file in the game folder?

seems like they added Denuvo at the last minute...I wonder if review copies had Denuvo enabled?...would be pretty shady to release reviews without Denuvo (along with the demo) which all mentioned excellent performance and then stealth add it to the game for the final release...hopefully it still runs excellent

I ended up refunding this (my first ever refund on Steam)...no point paying for Early Access if I'm not able to play the game (due to the lack of KB/M rebinding of movement keys)...I'll revisit this in the future if they ever patch it or if a mod is released (like it was for Jedi Survivor at release)

* I tested out Jedi Survivor with the recent patch and rebinding of movement to the arrow keys is now possible

seems like they added Denuvo at the last minute...I wonder if review copies had Denuvo enabled?...would be pretty shady to release reviews without Denuvo (along with the demo) which all mentioned excellent performance and then stealth add it to the game for the final release...hopefully it still runs excellent

I ended up refunding this (my first ever refund on Steam)...no point paying for Early Access if I'm not able to play the game (due to the lack of KB/M rebinding of movement keys)...I'll revisit this in the future if they ever patch it or if a mod is released (like it was for Jedi Survivor at release)

* I tested out Jedi Survivor with the recent patch and rebinding of movement to the arrow keys is now possible
You should of just bought a controller you don't have a controller lying around the house or apartment?

Last edited:
You should of just bought a controller you don't have a controller lying around the house or apt.?

I have an older Xbox controller but I don't like using it for PC games...I might just play the game using Game Pass PC if they don't patch it with the KB fix

Steam refunds are really quick...I already received my refund less than 24 hours after I requested it...
I've done a total of 2 refunds on Steam and both were given in a few hours after entering the request.

Wow nobdy playing this game Neowiz fixed a glitch with the game where people couldn't purchase the Deluxe version they issued a statement on Steam.

If anything I'll get to play Tuesday morning I suppose I could fire it up see how it fairs.

So who here has Gamepass PC and who doesn’t?

The library is so vast, with a bunch of triple-A titles released day one, and the monthly cost so low, I just assumed that most of us here (being hardcore gamers) would have subscribed - and yet it seems that most here actually don’t subscribe?

The library is so vast, with a bunch of triple-A titles released day one, and the monthly cost so low, I just assumed that most of us here (being hardcore gamers) would have subscribed - and yet it seems that most here actually don’t subscribe?

I subscribe off and on...I use Game Pass for games I'm on the fence about or want to try...for games that I really like I prefer to buy them...Game Pass is a forever rental service so you'll need to stay subbed anytime you want to play those games...

Last edited:
I got gamepass free for a bit when I bought my notebook but I totally forgot about it so I doubt it's good anymore.

are you playing Lies of P?
Not yet. Waiting for Game Pass release tomorrow.

I have an ongoing subscription. Anything I really like I will buy when it's on sale to keep.

I only buy PC games, I don't rent them. I do have a PS+ premium sub but that was only because I had like 5 years of PS+ and it was cheap to convert it to a premium sub when they offered it. I do get the appeal, but I don't like the concept because I don't want everything to turn into a subscription service and the more people use things like PS+ Premium and gamepass the more likely this horrible system will take root just like in the home video industry. You can still buy some movies/shows on disc but a lot of them are streaming service only. That is the only future ahead if gamepass and PS+ premium/extra take root. That's why netflix wants to have it's own game service and get games on it. Then they want to make their own and make it exclusive to their platform. Think it's bad now with games coming out a year or two after it's exclusive release on console or on epic games store? Wait till they make exclusive games for a subscription service only. You'll be like me with some movies/shows that you can never actually buy because they won't release them.

As far as this game. I am only slightly interested, I will most likely pick it up at some point because it's a souls-like, but that won't be anytime soon.

I only buy PC games, I don't rent them. I do have a PS+ premium sub but that was only because I had like 5 years of PS+ and it was cheap to convert it to a premium sub when they offered it. I do get the appeal, but I don't like the concept because I don't want everything to turn into a subscription service and the more people use things like PS+ Premium and gamepass the more likely this horrible system will take root just like in the home video industry. You can still buy some movies/shows on disc but a lot of them are streaming service only. That is the only future ahead if gamepass and PS+ premium/extra take root. That's why netflix wants to have it's own game service and get games on it. Then they want to make their own and make it exclusive to their platform. Think it's bad now with games coming out a year or two after it's exclusive release on console or on epic games store? Wait till they make exclusive games for a subscription service only. You'll be like me with some movies/shows that you can never actually buy because they won't release them.

As far as this game. I am only slightly interested, I will most likely pick it up at some point because it's a souls-like, but that won't be anytime soon.
okey dokey...for me it's perfect as I play games once and then never again so what's the point of "owning" a game I won't ever replay?

okey dokey...for me it's perfect as I play games once and then never again so what's the point of "owning" a game I won't ever replay?
Then stick to gamepass? Hershy asked who has the GP and who didn't, and said he assumed most here would be subscribed, so I answered with my reason for why I don't have GP. For YOU there is no point, for ME I don't understand why you don't want to own things. It's just two different mindsets. I always have had a collector mentality. So the whole streaming, renting, subscription thing is about the worst things that have ever been invented. I don't deny their convenience, I even subscribe to streaming services, but when I find something I like and want to own that is exclusive to a particular service, and they actually refuse to sell it so I can own it, I get more than a little pissed off. Software has long resisted this but ever since Adobe went full on rental only mode, everyone wants people to just monthly fee everything under the guise of "you get so much more" than if you bought it, when the reality is you actually get nothing and the company gets you to pay them a monthly tax.

I picked it up on steam last night for a whopping total of $63.59 :rolleyes:. I don't do gamepass. But I'll most likely get a hundred plus hours out of this, I'll most definitely be doing a new game + no matter what. I'll probably doing multiple new game +'s :)

I picked it up on steam last night for a whopping total of $63.59 :rolleyes:. I don't do gamepass. But I'll most likely get a hundred plus hours out of this, I'll most definitely be doing a new game + no matter what. I'll probably doing multiple new game +'s :)

have you started the game?...impressions?

I'm going to level up the Magic Defense so when I get to the last boss I don't take much damage from his shocking slams.
I started with a Heavy Weapon again so I don't have to poke around.

I started playing Wo Long at the same time you can customize your characters Female bangs and hair tip color in that game.

20230920070903_2.jpg

Salamander Blade on a Dummy

20230920061544_1.jpg

Just a closeup all strapped in lol gotta power up somehow.

I beat the Boss Demo on my 2nd try so I'm happy about that without to much grinding I was about level 25 or so when I beat him I found if you use a shock weapon when he's already shocked it does alot of damage or staggers him.

Last edited:
Asmongold said the game is boring but Asmongold is spoiled. You gotta figure the maps are designed for suspense.

have you started the game?...impressions?
Well I have to say it is punishingly hard. If you're not hitting those perfect parrys, you're going to have a hard time (like me lol). You need those to get the staggers and you pretty much need staggers against all the larger enemies and bosses, otherwise battles are going to drag on and on and are just gonna be pretty much impossible. You can still get stagger state through regular blocks but it takes a lot longer and larger enemies hit like a truck so you better hope you can get as much health back as you can on your return attack(s).

I like it, though frustrating. Seems to me it could use some balancing for sure. I think a way they could address it is just to make the stagger states a little more achievable, happen a little quicker imo.

But where I'm at now I'm pretty much brick walled on another boss fight at the moment. It can get a little tedious to say the least.

Well I have to say it is punishingly hard....

are you a Souls vet?...meaning have you played a lot of the From Software Souls/Bloodborne/Elden Ring/Sekiro games?...I'm wondering if the difficulty will be that high if you're familiar with the Souls gameplay

^not really( I mean I've played several soulslikes by now), but it's a totally diff game really so some things will transfer, some will have to be learned anew, :)

are you a Souls vet?...meaning have you played a lot of the From Software Souls/Bloodborne/Elden Ring/Sekiro games?...I'm wondering if the difficulty will be that high if you're familiar with the Souls gameplay
I've played them all. And I strongly dislike this game because of it.

I've gotten stuck a couple times, currently stuck on a boss that is essentially Malenia reincarnated. My biggest gripes with this game are:
1) STR builds and great weapons are TRASH in this game - there is a ton of variety on the surface but a lot of the weapon combinations are not even worth using
2) Telegraphs in this game are incredibly hard to read and time because of the puppet like nature - think, long wind ups followed by an absolute flurry of blows (is the enemy supposed to be slow or fast? it cant decide and neither can I). The design in theory was cool, but in practice, it's incredibly punishing and the whole "git gud" argument goes out the window here. It's moreso, how much patience do you have to survive the torture of how terrible the attack animations are in this game?
3) Dodge is pretty bad in the early game until you can upgrade it - and by pretty bad I mean, you best get familiar with perfect guard, if you were a 100% dodge roller in Souls games, you are not going to have a good time early game.
4) The game can't decide if it wants to be Sekiro/Bloodborne or Dark Souls. It punishes you hard for not playing aggressively, yet you often NEED to take things a bit slower.\
5) The Spectre (AI companion) for boss fights - this feature feels like it was forced last minute as a way to de-tune some of the boss fights. The sad part is, you basically NEED this companion for a number of the boss fights or they are going to be borderline impossible. Not to mention, the AI is pretty stupid. Don't really see it block or dodge much at all, just straight up swing at it until it's dead. It's essentially a distraction that you can use to get some damage in until it dies. Some of the boss fight strategies are essentially - play a bait and switch with the companion to keep him alive as long as possible so you can win.

This is the first Soulslike I've played where I have contemplated quitting on more than one occasion because of the fact that taking down a hard boss that took me try after try, I actually did NOT feel much satisfaction.

Last edited:
I've gotten stuck a couple times, currently stuck on a boss that is essentially Malenia reincarnated. My biggest gripes with this game are:
1) STR builds and great weapons are TRASH in this game - there is a ton of variety on the surface but a lot of the weapon combinations are not even worth using

the feature where you can take apart any weapon and switch up both the blade and the hilt and combine them with any other weapon sounds pretty cool on paper (you can't do this with boss weapons)

the feature where you can take apart any weapon and switch up both the blade and the hilt and combine them with any other weapon sounds pretty cool on paper (you can't do this with boss weapons)
It is, on paper. But I feel like there just aren't many actually worth using.

I've tried a bunch and I'm still using the starter Rapier handle with the starter greatsword blade. For quick animations and good reach.

Just as an FYI, here's the general CHEESE method for every hard boss later in the game:
Farm souls
Stock up on throwable items (there's a vendor mid-game that does not run out of consumable item inventory, the only problem you face is there is a max # you can hold per item - but there are PLENTY to choose from)
Wait for boss to aggro your companion
Chuck everything you have at the boss until it dies

AND THIS IS WHY...this game sucks. You can pretty much cheese all the bosses like this but of course it does not feel rewarding at all

I like the game but what happens instead of enjoying the graphics I just hard stare on my character's movements so he doesn't screw up. But if I'm relaxed on my Valari and don't care that is the way to play.

Really enjoying it on PS5. I get the cheesing deal, but that's a decision for the player. The first Souls like game I played was Demon's Souls remake and I cheesed TF out of all the bosses. I'm not going to fault the game for the option, intended or not, of cheesing bosses. That's on the player.

I might eventually just pick this up and play on my Xbox controller as a last resort as the game sounds like one of the best Souls clones...but I'm hoping they patch the KB/M remapping issues

Back