Lift Support

guessing they'll be about equal, but I'd go with the 9600 based on your reasoning + probably will have better driver support for DXVA and whatnot

as far as performance goes, finding a comparative benchmark is nearly impossible

anybody know why asus has a seperate driver package than nvidia? I tried installing the 9 series driver from nvidias site and it wouldn't work. Installed off Asus' site and it worked like a charm. Very odd.

Just get your drivers from Laptopvideo2go.com with their modified INF and avoid the ASUS specific bullshit. Or, flash the card with a normal BIOS.

Also, a 9600GSO kicks the living hell out of a 7800 GTX. The choice is obvious.

anybody know why asus has a seperate driver package than nvidia? I tried installing the 9 series driver from nvidias site and it wouldn't work. Installed off Asus' site and it worked like a charm. Very odd.

a lot of OEMs have specific drivers, Leadtek, Asus, MSI, Diamond, Gainward, etc

its whatever packaged/cutesy stuff they're trying to do

never seen it fail with "factory" nVidia drivers though

The disc drivers worked fine but a bios wipe may be an option to keep up with the latest drivers.

Hmm flashing the bios is an option but I do have it working now at 700 core 1000 memory. Running slick at 1680x1050. Maxed out CoH and I'm cpu limited in TF2 anyway.

Back