Light leakage & Samsung 710T

oakleaf00

n00b
Hi all,

I just received my 710T (purchased from Dell) and hooked it up next to my Dell 1800fp. With the 12 ms reponse time, I'm much happier with the gaming performance of the 710T, but I've noticed that there is some light leakage at the top of the panel. Now, probably the only reason I noticed this is that the 1800fp has absolutely no light leakage whatsoever. Do you guys think I should ask for an exchange because of this? If it's a common thing, it's not so bad that I couldn't live with it (I read a lot of the 710T posts and didn't see any mention of light leakage) However, if it isn't a common thing, I think I'd want to try my luck and exchange it for one that has no leakage. Considering I paid >$400 for this thing, I wouldn't want a 'flawed' one. :)
TIA!

Sorry I don't have a 710T to tell you about light leakage. But since you have an 1800FP and 710T, could u please compare them in terms of color, sharpness, ghosting, screen door effect, and solitaire test.

thanks

I have a touch of leakage on the sides - not even a millimeter, and tapering down to none by the corners. I keep my backlight pretty low though.

When I had the 710T before i returned it for its crappy Game play ability yes there was a tad of light on the top,

Kevin, how did you adjust your backlight settings? Cause I couldn't find a settings for backlight adjustment.

My 710T also has light leakage, at the top and at the bottom screen (at the top the leagage is more noticable). This is specially noticable when watching movies in less that 4:3 mode (16:9 format, black lines at the top and the bottom).And I have a feeling, that the brightness at the sides is lower that in the middle.

And reading the reviews, i thought that the black level should be good, but looks like i was excpeting to much, cause black level if waaay off.

Cheeers, Runnagain!!

Any more info on this backlight issue?

Mine leaks at the top on black backgrounds. You can also definitely see a shading from dark to light form top-left to bottom-right. For example, the buttons on Firefox at the top are fairly dark, while my task bar/clock area at the bottom-right are too bright... very different shades of gray.

It's a shame, because my black levels are insanely good. And I have yet to find a dead pixel (doesn't mean there isn't one hiding somewhere, but I've looked pretty darn hard). Ghosting is also minimal, no matter what game I play.

Oh well. Thanks in advance.

i have the 712N (only for a few more days though) and there's some light showing at the top centre too (only visible on dark backgrounds)

Back