lil question real quick

JR_Rider

Gawd
my setup is in my signature, heres my problem when i go to oc the fsb past 224 (2.46 GHz) and restart it it says system is now in safe mode press delete to go into bios and change settings or somethin like that , anyone know how i can go further, do i need more voltage or somethin? i have an XP-90 and my pc is mad stable at 2.46GHz i ran prime95 for over 10 hours w/ it and its stable didnt get over 44 c any ideas? i know you expert overclockers know whats goin on help me out

thanks

JR_Rider said:
my setup is in my signature, heres my problem when i go to oc the fsb past 224 (2.46 GHz) and restart it it says system is now in safe mode press delete to go into bios and change settings or somethin like that , anyone know how i can go further, do i need more voltage or somethin? i have an XP-90 and my pc is mad stable at 2.46GHz i ran prime95 for over 10 hours w/ it and its stable didnt get over 44 c any ideas? i know you expert overclockers know whats goin on help me out

thanks

There is several good guides in this forum that outline how to get the most out of your winnie.My first suggestion is to lower the Ram divider in the bios and pump up the FSB. Then start tweaking voltages to squeeze out the last little bit it has to offer.

Novensu

whats the ram divider, where is it in the bios, does it say ram divider or does it have an abbreviation or somethin cause i didnt see it

What kind of ram do you have? I haven't played with that board, but a lot of boards have a setting for "memory speed" where you can select 400, 333, 266, etc. Typically it defaults to auto detect. Try setting it to manual dropping that down a notch if it has such a setting.

JR_Rider said:
whats the ram divider, where is it in the bios, does it say ram divider or does it have an abbreviation or somethin cause i didnt see it

Every board seems to be a little bit different. Read your manual that came with the board. I have an Asus A8V-Deluxe and it is called Hyper Transport Configuration. I reduced the speed from 1000Mhz to 800Mhz and then pushed the FSB to 260 which gave me a speed of 2.34Ghz. That is all I could squeeze out of my winnie.

Novensu

the only thing i find in the manual for memory is
Max Memcock (Mhz) and those settings are auto, 100, 133, 166, and 200,
1T/2T Memory Timing,
CAS# Latency (Tcl),
RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd),
Min RAS# active Time (Tras)
Row Precharge Time (Trp),
and thats it on the memory which one is it?

All of them. If you increase the timings the mem should be able to go faster at the cost of latency, and decreasing the speed setting will change the memory divider.

there all at auto how do i know which settings are to low to go and to high to go to

Back