limited or no connectivity.

phongus

Limp Gawd
i'm on ATNT internet which totally sucks but very reliable. anyways i hooked up my 754 system to the modem directly through a cat5 cable and i still have no internet and i installed all the drivers i could find.

do you guys think the multimedia audio controller has anything to do with it? i also tried going to the site and restarting the whole modem and re-register it and still nothing any ideas would help. thanks

I dont think the audio controller would affect it unless it is an addin card that is somehow sitting on the same interrupt.

Have you installed the network driver?
Check Device Manager if you arent sure.

When you have the cable plugged in to the router and your PC, do lights light up on the router or on the PCs network port?

yeah installed the network driver for the lan.

yeah they light up but still no connection and there are no add-in cards.

If you're on XP, google winsockfix and run that. It solves alot of connectivity problems. I'm unaware of a program like it for Vista however.

Does the network card get an IP?
What security software are you running?

You can find your IP by opening a command prompt and typing
ipconfig /all

After a while your PC will give itself an IP if it cant get one from your router so it might look like it already has one but it wont be usable on the network provided by your router.
Checking very soon after booting will reveal if you can get an IP or not.
Try manually assigning an IP to your network card to put it on the same network as the router.

I assume you mean AT&T.

Please post:

1) Modem make and model
2) Is AT&T your ISP or do they just provide the line
3) Is this former Bellsouth or former SBC

Either way sounds to me like you are missing some PPPoE action.

Back