Lindows 4.5 Developer edition, free download.

If you don't subscribe to the (one-click) Software, you can't play DVDs or use a scanner. When I went back to the website I notice that even after you pay to use these (one-click) install programs. They also charge more money for certain downloads ,such as the DVD player. $5 for members of the (one-click) club and $40 for non-members.

$50 Lindows 4.5
$50 For a 1 year membership (one-click)
$5 per download for certain programs

Maybe they should just charge $99 and include all the programs that home users use like scanner functionality and DVD player...etc. Then they could compete with Microsoft.

If you don't want to pay for the 1-click install of it, just download the source and compile it yourself.

The things you have to pay for on CNR are because of license issues. If you aren't worried about the possible legal issues--or there are no issues in your country--you can download most of them from other locations and install them yourself.

that was the easiest linux install i've ever done

lindows.png

i couldnt figure out how to install nforce drivers or ati drivers :p

first time using linux.

ah well for the most part it was cool.

Coupon iREADOSNews expired on Jan 23, 2004 02:00 PM PST and is no longer valid .

This is what i got when I tried to download it from there site. Does anyone have it up on a Ftp site or anything?

Thanks!!!

I used cain's ftp link he added it seems to download....Will try again tomorrow to see if it works or not!!!!

Thanks!

Originally posted by hellomynameis
anyone have the ftp site that works and what program are you using to connect to ftp site

internet explorer.

so tempted to pay the 10 for the cd...

now it says "Coupon iREADOSNews expired on Jan 23, 2004 02:00 PM PST and is no longer valid "

The minimum specs say 800mhz! That can't be right...and I was hoping on putting this on my 266 laptop. Anyone know anything about the "real" specs. That seems high for a linux distro.

so can anyone tell me the difference or benefits between the lindowsos-devel-4.5.189 and lindowsos-full-4.5.122 I grabbed both....

Originally posted by rally9x
The minimum specs say 800mhz! That can't be right...and I was hoping on putting this on my 266 laptop. Anyone know anything about the "real" specs. That seems high for a linux distro.

I couldnt get it to boot on my 700mhz machine, but I'm not sure that was the problem

Originally posted by Tony_Here
so can anyone tell me the difference or benefits between the lindowsos-devel-4.5.189 and lindowsos-full-4.5.122 I grabbed both....

developers edition contains stuff for developers

so if you don't plan on developing any software, I see no reason to use it over the full

is there a way so i dont have to see the lindows boot screen...like instead ill see the MS thing and can choose in that to boot into lindows? the lindows one takes too long to load

Originally posted by kronchev
Coupon FreeLindowsGoogleDay is not intended for the product/service you are trying to apply it to.

You have to get the developer's version, which is the second one down on this page
http://lindows.com/lindows_storefront.php?own=no
Then the code does work

So what do you think the behind the scenes motivation for all of these free giveaways?

Is it so thy hook everyone then eventually hope that they will think that it is such a great product that the kind side will show through and they will pay them for it?

What are your thoughs on it?

Originally posted by FrothyByte
So what do you think the behind the scenes motivation for all of these free giveaways?

Is it so thy hook everyone then eventually hope that they will think that it is such a great product that the kind side will show through and they will pay them for it?

What are your thoughs on it?

cheap advertisement and hoping people will pay for CNR

well if its more secure and stable than windows wich im guessing it is since it is linux and they either build in support for windows apps that i doubt will ever happen unless that the only way for ms to make money is by selling thier code or people make good apps and games for it like photoshop, doom3, hl2 ect ect then id say bye bye bill! but till then i will mess around with it and see what it can do but keep my windows boxes.

Would this work on a 400Mhz K6 Compaq with 64MB of ram?

Back