Linksys wireless problems!

n0b0dy

Limp Gawd
Okay, theres the host computer (the one im on right now) connected to the wireless router/access point [linksys] via ethernet card (cat5) & the client computer that has the wireless nic in it [linksys].

The client will not show that the nic is active (when i bring up the WMP11 thing it says 'device is inactive') and obviously isn't connecting to the network!

I need some help... this has been bothering me for a few days now.... thanks ahead of time [H]ard guys :)

have you RTFM of both?

just a first step...

btw not everyone on [H] forums is male :)

Yes, I've read the manuals of both. I despise wireless crap, so I get frustrated when the stuff doesn't work for me!! I was just looking for any help, but seeing as how you aren't giving me any, I'll let someone else try and answer!

Yes, I know there are girls on here.... 'guys' is a general term I use alot, sorry if it offended you or anyone.

Thanks ahead of time guys & girls! :)

what OS does the client computer has ? Normally, when the wireless nic is inserted, you get an automessage that it is looking for a network.

Both the "host" & "client" computers are running Windows XP Pro.

Once the NIC was inserted & the computer booted up a 'New Hardware' box popped up then I installed it, etc., etc. Nothing regarding to "looking for a network" or something like that has popped up. When I open the WMP11 monitor program to see what the card is doing it says the thing is 'Inactive'! What the hell am I doing wrong here?

I set-up the network (or did what it told me to do) on both the "host" & "client" computers using the "Network Wizard". Still nothing.

Any ideas? Is tech support even worth calling? :rolleyes:

How far away from the access point in the PC that is having problems?

Have you looked at anything like interfearance 802.11b is saseptable to interfearance from microwaves, cordless phones and other stuff.

Start with the basics

J said:
How far away from the access point in the PC that is having problems?

Have you looked at anything like interfearance 802.11b is saseptable to interfearance from microwaves, cordless phones and other stuff.

Start with the basics
Yes, I know this.

This isn't the problem I'm having however. When I bring up the WMP11 interface monitor it says that my card isn't even active when I installed it and everything. Why won't it say it's active? I'm not even active, let alone connected to the network (which then could have problems with microwaves, cell phones, etc., etc.). See what I'm saying?

Back