Lions Gates Reveals XBL Marketplace Numbers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Lions Gate Entertainment, as part of its earnings report for the fourth quarter, stated that the XBL service has sold 150,000 movie downloads of the company’s 15 films listed in the video marketplace.

Though the company offered no further breakdown of the specific films, company CEO Jon Feltheimer said overall video on demand sales of its Employee of the Month film "exceeded $3 million on a film that grossed about $27 million at the domestic box office."

I don't know about you guys but I have a PS3 and a Xbox with HDDVD and netflix so I can watch all the HD movies without buying any of them.

I still average one movie a month from XBL.. it's there, it's now, while my netflix is back in the mail and I need to see something new :)

Quality isn't as good but it's as good as HBOHD or what have you... I wish it was part of my netflix sub for free or an extra $10 a month or something then I'd use it a LOT more.

It is possible to see some netflix membership stuff come to XBL. Microsoft did add the CEO of netflix to their board if I remember correctly. I did

Seems like a pretty good start. Hope this will encourage others to put more content on the system.

That is a pretty impressive start from a service that is not at all dedicated to its movie selection and also from only 15 movies. I'm willing to bet it would grow massively if there was a very wide range of selection. I'd really like to see a company like Netflix or Blockbuster partner with Microsoft on this feature, it would certainly be a huge deal on both ends.

Back