live satellite pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

arock1_3

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm not sure if am posting in the right place but I need to find out if there is a website where i can find live satellites surveillance that i can see my kids daycare from work.

thanks

arock1_3 said:
I'm not sure if am posting in the right place but I need to find out if there is a website where i can find live satellites surveillance that i can see my kids daycare from work.

thanks

:eek: good luck...

I know is not imposible, one time I found one but i don't remember the name or how i did the search, now is live but using pictures in other words you can update every minute or so.

How close could you see? I'm hoping that this IS impossible. I don't want every pervert in the country (and I am certainly not saying that you are) to have access to satellite pictures of any school, daycare or not. I've never seen any satellite pictures that would be of any use to anyone regardless. They are usually too far away and nothing of detail can be viewed.

Some daycare have webcams that can be accessed with a user name and password.

Again take no offense from my comment. I don't meant it directly towards you. I hope you understand my point though.

My wife and sister-in-law, watched me and my brother-in-law, right next to TGI Fridays on Broadway, in Manhatten.... it was some kinda web-cam thingy... it was kinda cool....

QJ

I dont think civilians have access to those kind of satelite photos? (who knows if the government does, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did)

its hard enough recognizing cars with satelite photos let alone a child...

are you sure your not thinking of a webcam?

um, satellites are 'in orbit'

they wouldnt sit over your daycare center for the whole day

0_0

Puterguru said:
How close could you see? I'm hoping that this IS impossible. I don't want every pervert in the country (and I am certainly not saying that you are) to have access to satellite pictures of any school, daycare or not. I've never seen any satellite pictures that would be of any use to anyone regardless. They are usually too far away and nothing of detail can be viewed.

Again take no offense from my comment. I don't meant it directly towards you. I hope you understand my point though.
None taken. The only reason that I'm asking is because this morning I saw some guys that I never seen before driving in the daycare parking lot and you know my kids are in there and I have to protect them that's all. I'm sure that any of you guys that have kids will feel the same way. Anyways this is the only reason why am looking for something like this to proctect them from perverts.

Puterguru said:

Well that website that I found it was like a year ago and you can get close but not that close and is actually satellite pictures that are update like every 1 to 5 minutes. Is good quality but not close enough.

arock1_3 said:
None taken. The only reason that I'm asking is because this morning I saw some guys that I never seen before driving in the daycare parking lot and you know my kids are in there and I have to protect them that's all. I'm sure that any of you guys that have kids will feel the same way. Anyways this is the only reason why am looking for something like this to proctect them from perverts.

You could hire a P.I. in a black Plumber's van (without windows) if you're that paranoid :D

Unless your city paid to launch its own satellite, and fitted it with optics to resolve objects from geosstationary orbit (very, very far away, and over the equator), any earth surveillance satellite are normally in low earth polar orbits, allowing them to cover the entire globe. Problem is, they move in relation to the ground.

A network of satellites can give you several minutes of coverage every 90 minutes or so.

For comparison low earth orbit is anywhere from 100-3000km. Medium Earth Orbit goes from that to 35,000km. A geostationary orbit is at exactly 35,784km and to be completely stationary must have an inclination of zero (be directly over the equator)

arock1_3 said:
Well that website that I found it was like a year ago and you can get close but not that close and is actually satellite pictures that are update like every 1 to 5 minutes. Is good quality but not close enough.

you were mislead
satellites don't just "stay in one position" over daycare to snap photos all day long

that's not quite how it works but

SYN ACK said:
um, satellites are 'in orbit'
they wouldnt sit over your daycare center for the whole day

Are you familiar with GPS satellites? They are of the fixed geosynchronous type, so yes you can have a satellite "parked" over one location.

What would this Daycare satellite be called - Daycare 1 perhaps :p

Or maybe they've setup a version of Reagan's Star Wars satellite protection program and we can call it DayNet, but no that probably sounds to much like the Terminator stuff. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back