LiveBlue-Ray?

upriverpaddler

[H]ard|Gawd
I haven't heard any talk or seen any links anywhere about the possibilities of Live Linux Discs on Blue-ray. Seems like it would open up a lot of options. Carrying a large video collection or your entire music collection on one bootable disc? Entire workstations with as many apps as you could normally fit onto an average HDD?

To costly if you ask me. At $10 a disk not many people probably want this. I'm sure its possible, you would have to make your own live disks if you want your own collections on it. With the limited number of blu ray readers out there, you are pretty much limited to using the disk in your own house where you know you have a blu ray drive.

Thing of it is, is that you could do the same thing with one of those 40 gig usb powered mini drives, like this one; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822154406 . More expensive, sure, but not that much more, and way more useful for your stated purpose imho. And you would only need a pc that was usb bootable, you would not have to rely on BlueRay drives most pc's don't have yet.

Back