Logitech Acquires Ultimate Ears

uh, wow.

I wonder what this will do to the UE10 + UE11 market segment. I hope they leave it alone.

uh, wow.

I wonder what this will do to the UE10 + UE11 market segment. I hope they leave it alone.

Not bloody likely. This sucks for pro musicians. The UE custom IEMs sure is a popular choice for monitors.

I think its a good thing. Logitech has a larger budget to make a larger product range to allow audio buffoons to audiophiles to get the head/earphones they want.

If you ask me, "Logitech" and "good thing" are mutually exclusive concepts, except when speaking of their keyboard/mouse division of course.

This may not have any sizable impact on UE in the next year to two years, though. I wouldn't worry too much about the acquisition.

I think its a good thing. Logitech has a larger budget to make a larger product range to allow audio buffoons to audiophiles to get the head/earphones they want.

An "exclusive" brand, but very popular in the IEM segment, getting bought by a pedestrian, mainstream brand is only rarely a good thing.

Logitech will be more concerned about how they can make it for 1/4 the cost with blue LEDs in it somewhere are charge the same price.

Logitech makes some good stuff, but they make a lot of crap. I just hope they leave UE alone because they have NO superior experience in this area to contribute. "UE, a Logitech company" would do nicely.

I haven't popped into Head-Fi in a long time - been happy enough with my Shure and Etymotic IEMs. I bet they are freaking out.

I guess this can go either way. Logitech should be able to help get UE better distribution and marketing. Also it may be able to help lower the cost. Then again, to lower the cost, they may start churning out inferior products and ruin the UE lineup. I don't know. What's Logitech's track record with how they handle acquisitions? Hands off or too hands on?

Back