Logitech Cordless Desktop S520 $38 AR w/ FS from Newegg

beowulf7

[H]F Junkie
I noticed today's Newegg Shell Shocker is:
Logitech Cordless Desktop S520 920-000922 Black USB Cordless Compact Keyboard and Mouse Combo - Retail

They're selling it for $47.99 before a $10 MIR and free shipping. I bought this keyboard and mouse combo a few weeks ago and enjoy it (like I do all my Logitech stuff). My keyboard has about a 13-14' range and I know the mouse does at least 9' (although I didn't test its max range).

For price comparison, Staples normally sells this for $59.99 and occasionally has them on sale for $39.99.

Looks like a nice little keyboard. I would bite if I didn't just buy a new logitech keyboard.

The Wave board from them is around the same price and has been known for a bit more longevity, but this is a great deal for someone needing a small, easy solution.

I've been pleasantly surprised with this wireless keyboard and mouse. I've always been wary of wireless products, but for my HTPC, I don't really have a choice. So I got it a Wi-Fi card and now this wireless mouse and keyboard. The keyboard also has some sort of security feature on it, but I wonder how strong it is. No biggie, anyway, since I live in a single family house where no one else is within the 14' range of it.

Now the other thing that I'll have to wait (hopefully a long time) on is replacing the batteries. The mouse has a switch that should save on its battery life. The only weakness of this set, IMO, is the lack of a back button on the mouse. My Logitech G5 mouse that I have for my main PC got me addicted to that back button.

Back