Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse + Extra Mouse Feet $53 shipped

lifanus

Gawd
If you like G303/G302 except the shape I think this more traditional shaped G Pro would fit your needs for FPS gaming, or just general use.

Add G Pro Battlefield edition to cart ($45.49). It's still got RGB lighting, just body color is slightly different
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/pro-gaming-mouse

Then add spare mouse feet ($4) for free shipping -- link corrected
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/pro-gaming-mouse

Your total w/tax is around $53 shipped.

filehelper_1481092748098_92.png

Amazon is selling the black version for almost $68 shipped w/tax.

Last edited:
Got one for $35 at Best Buy recently. I came from a Logitech G400S, and I think I am liking the switch back to a lighter mouse. Seems like decent quality overall. But I want to try the G403.

Got one for $35 at Best Buy recently. I came from a Logitech G400S, and I think I am liking the switch back to a lighter mouse. Seems like decent quality overall. But I want to try the G403.
I got both the G 403 and G Pro for 50% off during BF. The G 403 is by far my favorite.

Does this have the free-wheeling scroll wheel ?

Why, just that the shape feels better to you?
The Pro is so small. Unless you are used to something that small it will feel awkward. The 403 has the traditional shape as the Intellimouse. Much easier to pick up and manipulate but the Pro is good if you aren't doing many 180s.

Shape is always going to be personal.

The G403 does have an ambi shape but it has a relatively tall profile with a hump. A lot of people may feel that causes it to feel rather different then the Intellimouse or something like the G400.

No it does not. Haven't seen many pro gamer mice with that function.

It depends on whether you consider them gaming mice or not but the G502 and G900 have the toggable free scroll wheel.

I have not done any real research on this mouse but I assume I can install the software and then uninstall it after I set up the mouse? I dont like to run any software if I dont have to and I think that is what I did almost two years ago with a Roccat Kone mouse. I am just using an old plug and play MX518 for last 6 months as that pos Roccat Kone died in less than 18 months of very light use.

The G403 does have an ambi shape but it has a relatively tall profile with a hump. A lot of people may feel that causes it to feel rather different then the Intellimouse or something like the G400.

It depends on whether you consider them gaming mice or not but the G502 and G900 have the toggable free scroll wheel.

I meant the ones that Logitech advertises as competitive gaming mice. Usually the design is very simple either ambidextrous, wired and/or 2 side buttons. I don't think they've made one with a free scroll wheel. The closest being the G500 but even that one had too many wild button placements.

I meant the ones that Logitech advertises as competitive gaming mice. Usually the design is very simple either ambidextrous, wired and/or 2 side buttons. I don't think they've made one with a free scroll wheel. The closest being the G500 but even that one had too many wild button placements.

Both of those are advertised as a gaming mice on their official product pages. They do have sponsored esports pro players using them.

The Pro is so small. Unless you are used to something that small it will feel awkward. The 403 has the traditional shape as the Intellimouse. Much easier to pick up and manipulate but the Pro is good if you aren't doing many 180s.

Thanks. I do like a smaller mouse (not tiny, but I've gotten away from the large ones that offer a full palm grip for the most part). Last year, I bought a G303 and G502 to compare and ended up preferring the G303 to the G502 by a wide margin, despite the G502 being way more popular. So when the Pro went on sale for $35 I picked it up thinking that I'd like it even better than the G303, but I'm not sure that I do. The G303 feels wider and somehow easier to control, like I'm more precise and accurate with it due to its shape and the way I grip it. I hadn't really looked at the G403 until this thread, so I was wondering how it compared to the ones I mentioned. I would have taken a chance on it at $35, but $60 is a little steep for me to try it out without knowing if I'll like it.

Mine just came and it is indeed quite small but I have small hands so it seems fine. Installed the software and turned off the silly lights and then uninstalled the software of course as I have no need for it. The scroll wheel is pretty stiff when pushing down so that will take some getting used to in games.

when you want to get good at aiming one of the first things you need to stop doing is using palm grip, then mice like this will start making a lot more sense.

when you want to get good at aiming one of the first things you need to stop doing is using palm grip, then mice like this will start making a lot more sense.

I guess it's possible to be really good with a palm grip, but personally I've found what you said to be true. I had a Logitech G9 and liked it, but back then I was more comfortable with a palm grip (SteelSeries Ikari, Logitech G5, G700, etc.). I then started evolving toward smaller mice, and man I feel like I have so much more control and accuracy. My last mouse was a SteelSeries Xai, then I got the G303 and G502 and was really surprised at how much I didn't like the G502-style profile anymore. I don't want a thumb rest! And I tried a Zowie EC1-A yesterday...pass. Those mice seem so heavy, large, clunky, and inaccurate. I feel like the G303 and G Pro are like little sports cars compared to a Buick or an Oldsmobile. I'm pretty interested in trying the G403, but can't really get a sense of how it differs from the G303 and G Pro.

Thanks in for 1. My Deatheradder Chroma developed a double click issue and I sent it back for RMA but the damn post office lost my package....

This mouse is tiny! I bought the 303 and pro from Best Buy and I have to return both cause they are small af and lighter than a feather...I have no control over them. I wish I bought the 403 at the same time but stupid me!!

That free scroll wheel is awesome to have in games like World of Warships where you are zooming in and out a lot.

I think they copy and paste their product pages.

Those products were released first? But I'm not understanding what your point is here. Only what you consider gaming mice are gaming mice?

Basically the G502 and G900 have gaming oriented sensors and switches with a toggle free scroll wheel.

People do palm grip the G Pro even. Grip is going to depend on everyone's hand characteristics (not just size) and preference.

I don't see why palm grip would result in worse aim, and plenty of pro players use palm grip or a near variant (majority) mirroring the general population.

Are you thinking of high sens wrist aiming (which palm users tend to do)? In that case generally lower sens arm based aiming is considered better for aim.

I guess it's possible to be really good with a palm grip, but personally I've found what you said to be true. I had a Logitech G9 and liked it, but back then I was more comfortable with a palm grip (SteelSeries Ikari, Logitech G5, G700, etc.). I then started evolving toward smaller mice, and man I feel like I have so much more control and accuracy. My last mouse was a SteelSeries Xai, then I got the G303 and G502 and was really surprised at how much I didn't like the G502-style profile anymore. I don't want a thumb rest! And I tried a Zowie EC1-A yesterday...pass. Those mice seem so heavy, large, clunky, and inaccurate. I feel like the G303 and G Pro are like little sports cars compared to a Buick or an Oldsmobile. I'm pretty interested in trying the G403, but can't really get a sense of how it differs from the G303 and G Pro.

EC1-A is the large version of that mouse. Maybe try the EC2-A if you want a small mouse in that shape.

G403 is bigger. The profile makes it feel quite a bit fuller in your hand. It's also ergo vs ambi. It has a taller profile compared to the G502 (which is more flat).

That free scroll wheel is awesome to have in games like World of Warships where you are zooming in and out a lot.

Look into the G502 and G900. They also a lot of buttons which may be useful (? dunno don't play it) for that type of game if you want to bind more to the mouse.

Main negative of G502 is the weight but for some users and game types that might not be an issue.

Just got mine a lil while ago and have been playing with it. Gdamn it is light. The G502 w/o weights is heavy by comparison. I was getting tired of the G502 shape and its gamerish patterning and the hard vs soft surfaces. The rubber wore down and left sharp contact edges which is rather annoying so I was ready to swap to a smooth texture free mouse. The only thing I miss from the G502 is the free scroll wheel, but then again it was kinda annoying too in browsers how it never quite stopped well. That is you spin it and stop it, yet it keeps overshooting and the page bumps up and down, right as you're trying to highlight or input something lol. But so far I'm liking the Pro with its minimalist design and it feels nice to the touch.

Just got mine a lil while ago and have been playing with it. Gdamn it is light. The G502 w/o weights is heavy by comparison. I was getting tired of the G502 shape and its gamerish patterning and the hard vs soft surfaces. The rubber wore down and left sharp contact edges which is rather annoying so I was ready to swap to a smooth texture free mouse. The only thing I miss from the G502 is the free scroll wheel, but then again it was kinda annoying too in browsers how it never quite stopped well. That is you spin it and stop it, yet it keeps overshooting and the page bumps up and down, right as you're trying to highlight or input something lol. But so far I'm liking the Pro with its minimalist design and it feels nice to the touch.

Well the G502 is generally considered heavy by comparison to most other mice, it's largest criticism at launch, at 121g sans weights. Depending on demographics, some questioned why a 121g mouse needs additional weights. By contrast others feel something like the G403 at 87g feels cheap due to lightness.

Generally most of the popular mid-size gaming mice have been in the 100g range.

Lighter ones would be around 90g or lighter.

I like the Pro. I prefer smaller mice and the shape is pretty nice. Could be slightly more contoured, but I think I can get used to it.

Those products were released first? But I'm not understanding what your point is here. Only what you consider gaming mice are gaming mice?

Basically the G502 and G900 have gaming oriented sensors and switches with a toggle free scroll wheel.

People do palm grip the G Pro even. Grip is going to depend on everyone's hand characteristics (not just size) and preference.

I don't see why palm grip would result in worse aim, and plenty of pro players use palm grip or a near variant (majority) mirroring the general population.

Are you thinking of high sens wrist aiming (which palm users tend to do)? In that case generally lower sens arm based aiming is considered better for aim.

EC1-A is the large version of that mouse. Maybe try the EC2-A if you want a small mouse in that shape.

G403 is bigger. The profile makes it feel quite a bit fuller in your hand. It's also ergo vs ambi. It has a taller profile compared to the G502 (which is more flat).

Look into the G502 and G900. They also a lot of buttons which may be useful (? dunno don't play it) for that type of game if you want to bind more to the mouse.

Main negative of G502 is the weight but for some users and game types that might not be an issue.

I tried a G502. Sent it back. The side button design is abysmal. The G900 doesn't look much better.

I wish they would release a new, high end mouse in the MX518 form factor. With clickers that aren't utter shit.

I tried a G502. Sent it back. The side button design is abysmal. The G900 doesn't look much better.

I wish they would release a new, high end mouse in the MX518 form factor. With clickers that aren't utter shit.

What is that you don't like about the buttons?

The G402 is pretty similar. The difference is the right side is a bit different in terms of the "lip" I believe. Sensor isn't the same as the ones we're discussing but still fairly capable. Main "issue" is I think is if you can really push max speed.

The G403 is kinda similar but has a fatter (height) profile basically. I think the side button feel is pretty good. But I didn't really like the fat profile I mention. But with G403 I don't think it's likely they will revert back any closer to that shape exactly.

Well the G502 is generally considered heavy by comparison to most other mice, it's largest criticism at launch, at 121g sans weights. Depending on demographics, some questioned why a 121g mouse needs additional weights. By contrast others feel something like the G403 at 87g feels cheap due to lightness.

Generally most of the popular mid-size gaming mice have been in the 100g range.

Lighter ones would be around 90g or lighter.

The weight isn't a big deal, its the texturing, the placement of soft rubber to hard plastic, and the scroll wheel. I think the worse is when the rubber wears out and where there was rubber there's now a hard sharp surface. On the right side ring finger, the rubber has worn away leaving a hard sharp edge of the lower body. I have to ask, wtf were they thinking!

You can't find them by feel, especailly the forward button. I was constantly having to look at the damn mouse.

They tried to get all geeky and shit and blew it. Some things should be left simple for productivity sake. Two buttons cutely mashed together to look cool ain't it.

And they are not comfortable at all.

Back