Logitech G11 29 shipped

Tempted - torn between getting this or splurging on a mechanical keyboard. Anyone have any personal experiences with this? Don't do much typing, just gaming (if that matters).

Tempted - torn between getting this or splurging on a mechanical keyboard. Anyone have any personal experiences with this? Don't do much typing, just gaming (if that matters).

I own this keyboard. I could talk at length about it but things to note are that it is rather wide so real estate on the desk/tray is a must, it is fairly bright lit up, craploads of macro keys, pretty soft touch and fairly short keystrokes. Decent keyboard.

My last one turned in a strobe light when something glitched internally. The back light is very bright... Tempted to get another though...

I bit. I've used the G11 for years now and love it. Great price that allows me to have a backup in case the one I have develops issues... :D

Would be a nice keyboard to have during LAN night to save my friends the extra effort of bringing theirs but it's just so damn big!

How do you get free shipping?

It asks me "Add USD 5.01 to your basket to receive Free Shipping using Standard Ground"

i wonder, anyone ever tear these apart? are the internals the same as the g15 minus the screen, as in could i use the internals to repair my g15 down the road when it inevitably finally fails? or is an actual different internal board? not just a g15 without the screen plugged in

I'm in for one. Been wanting to get the gf a good keyboard and this is a great price.

Thanks OP

I own this keyboard. I could talk at length about it but things to note are that it is rather wide so real estate on the desk/tray is a must, it is fairly bright lit up, craploads of macro keys, pretty soft touch and fairly short keystrokes. Decent keyboard.

Thank you for posting this. I was all set to push the button on this until I happened across this information. My current keyboard is wide enough that it limits the mouse area in my desk. Anything wider would really restrict my movement. Looks like I'm still in the hunt for a lit keyboard.

hmm wonder if this will be available when I get paid next week my Saitek II is starting to get alittle funky.

In for one... My Saitek Eclipse is dying a miserably slow death (bad key contact/etc), so this should be a good replacement as an illuminated keyboard... Thanks OP

this keyboard, keys, switches, usb ports and layout, seems to be an EXACT copy of the blue LED G15 which I bought here in the [H] FS forum (thanks cherrypik ;) ), but w/o LCD, and yes, it is wide, about an inch too wide for my keyboard tray, good thing I have a small cheapo desk and just switched around the supports for the tray on the left side, unscrewed the support and switched it to the back as shown in the diagram...

kbmod2.jpg

18 macro keys with three different profiles, so really 54 macro keys, also the switch to turn off the windows key for gaming so you don't accidentally hit it (I use A LOT of the keys surrounding it while gaming so that is a great feature), great looking keyboard if you have a case with blue LEDs like my Antec 300...

I have no issues with the brightness, the LED brightness is hardware controlled...

from LED off...

1. push LED button once for dim LED...
2. push again for bright LED...
3. push again to turn off...

issues: at least for me...

when coming back from S3 sleep mode the LCD is just blank, no biggie, I don't really ever use the LCD anyway, maybe it's not that compatible win7 yet...? or would the S3 sleep bios option issue be totally separate from the OS...? probably...meh, like I said, no biggie...

great gaming keyboard imo, especially since I game a lot at night in the dark, this was a great deal and I would've been all over this for two if it wasn't OOS...

:(

i wonder, anyone ever tear these apart? are the internals the same as the g15 minus the screen, as in could i use the internals to repair my g15 down the road when it inevitably finally fails? or is an actual different internal board? not just a g15 without the screen plugged in

I've taken the G15 apart. Under the rubber membrane are several like, plastic sheets with traces on them and what not. In short, I doubt it. The sheets are the full length of the keyboard, and the left side of this is different.

edit: I forget if the old one is like this one. I think it was actually. Sorry for the pointless post!

Last edited:
damn i missed this. I was just thinking about getting a new keyboard to replace my old worn out one -_-

Picked one up before it went OOS. Thanks OP. Will finally replace my Microsoft Exporer keyboard from 2004 :)

Nope not yet, I was just wondering about it.

Edit: just check my order status and it shows, "Order Status: Order in Process"

Back