Logitech G11

rox1co

[H]ard|Gawd
so i been holding off on getting a new keyboard with a USB interface, recently i discovered Logitech was coming out with a new gaming keyboard at a cheaper price

i notice that the suggested retail price is 69.99

comparing the Logitech G15 to Logitech G11 pricings at Logitech vs prices at Newegg, the G15 is -$30 off retail price, would it be safe to conclude that G11 will be -$30 off as well?

Since it's not out yet (at least, not until July), I wouldn't know... but I don't think that NewEgg would sell the G11 for less than $50.

Only half the board is lit up? Doesnt sound too exciting when a fully lit saitek is 20$ less.

nice, no LCD (that i don't use) and cheap. Now if they would only have a wireless version.

that looks dumb the one they should have leveled the spot for the lcd it look stupid without the lcd and the indent

Dillusion said:
Only half the board is lit up? Doesnt sound too exciting when a fully lit saitek is 20$ less.
Whoa kemosabe... the G11 is simply the G15 minus the LCD panel above the media controls -- and the G15 is fully lit, just like the Saitek Eclipse. (I agree with t3chyo888 -- the G11 would look better if the media controls were at the same level as the rest of the keyboard.) But if NewEgg prices the G11 at around the same price as the Eclipse, then I think that the G11 (with its built-in USB hub) would be the better deal.

But if NewEgg prices the G11 at around the same price as the Eclipse, then I think that the G11 (with its built-in USB hub) would be the better deal.

The USB hub for me is kinda worthless because its USB 1.1 and is not enough to power my ipod or wireless adapter. :( Wish they had USB 2.0 ports instead. Still I think the G11/G15 programmable on-the-fly macros and media controls are worth it. It doesn't look like the Eclipse II has anything better than the G11 besides being able to choose different lighting colors (purple, red, blue) and the dimmer knob (G11 should have the 2 different levels of brightness as the G15)..oh and the Eclipse II is also ugly compared to the G11 :p Its kinda sad tho because I was looking forward to Saitek making greater improvements over the already good Eclipse.

overall i like the media + gaming combo package that the G series brings. i kind of wanted the G15 way back then but the price and lcd really deterred me buying it. hopefully the G11 is around ~$40 and i suppose i can live with not having all my keys illuminated (pretty lame as others have stated)

I dont get it, the price is the same as the g15 keyboard. Who would want to buy this?
And the lcd is fcukin cool :)

Dillusion said:
no, they all light up. I guess they only showed half in the picture so you could see what the unlit keys looked like.

forcefed said:
I dont get it, the price is the same as the g15 keyboard. Who would want to buy this?
And the lcd is fcukin cool :)
MSRP for G15 is $99.
MSRP for G11 is $69.

Grap3S0da said:
The USB hub for me is kinda worthless because its USB 1.1 and is not enough to power my ipod or wireless adapter. :( Wish they had USB 2.0 ports instead. Still I think the G11/G15 programmable on-the-fly macros and media controls are worth it. It doesn't look like the Eclipse II has anything better than the G11 besides being able to choose different lighting colors (purple, red, blue) and the dimmer knob (G11 should have the 2 different levels of brightness as the G15)..oh and the Eclipse II is also ugly compared to the G11 :p Its kinda sad tho because I was looking forward to Saitek making greater improvements over the already good Eclipse.
I have the g15 and it powered my external usb 80gig hdd and my g5 mouse on the usb ports also didnt have an issue with it when i plugged in my 20gig ipod either

t3chyo888 said:
I have the g15 and it powered my external usb 80gig hdd and my g5 mouse on the usb ports also didnt have an issue with it when i plugged in my 20gig ipod either
usb 1.1 does not work with my 30gb ipod. :( not enough power.

usb 1.1 does not work with my 30gb ipod. not enough power.

Yeah I have the same ipod, 30GB video ipod. I'm glad to hear your G5 works w/ the G15, t3chyo888. I have a SFF PC on my desk so I don't really need my mouse to be connected close to the keyboard but atleast now I know the USB ports on the G15 have some purpose now. :p

mine is an older one, color not video.

I don't really care though, I have the ipod cable connected to the back of the PC and always leave it connected. I only ever use the keyboard USB ports for temporary devices, like a USB > IDE hard drive adaptor, or to connect a camera to the computer. And both of those work fine with USB 1.1 - just a little slower transfer, oh well.

Back