Logitech G27 racing wheel $191.99 @ Amazon

Yeah, I've got a DFGT right now and I'm not too happy with it in Assetto Corsa. Another user in the AC Steam forum says the G27 is alot better than the DFGT.

this or the thrust master t500rs? I'd hate to buy g27 and then go through the hassle of selling and upgrading.

I've used both and the T500 is much better. This is coming from an avid sim racer. T500 is better all the way around. The G27 is a great wheel as well but if you are already questioning having to upgrade go with the T500. Many aftermarket wheels and mods for the T500.

I've used both and the T500 is much better. This is coming from an avid sim racer. T500 is better all the way around. The G27 is a great wheel as well but if you are already questioning having to upgrade go with the T500. Many aftermarket wheels and mods for the T500.

Yeah, the Thrustmaster is way beyond the G27. Smoother belt drive, for one. They're not really comparable though. The G27 is really an entry level wheel (a good one) and the t500 is a mid level. High level set ups are thousands of dollars. I would say the G27 is an excellent set up for anyone getting into sim racing as it is cheap, reliable, and plug-in-and-go. My Fanatec RS2 and Clubsport v1 pedals are better than the G27, but can be very finicky to set up and keep working.

Yeah, the Thrustmaster is way beyond the G27. Smoother belt drive, for one. They're not really comparable though. The G27 is really an entry level wheel (a good one) and the t500 is a mid level. High level set ups are thousands of dollars. I would say the G27 is an excellent set up for anyone getting into sim racing as it is cheap, reliable, and plug-in-and-go. My Fanatec RS2 and Clubsport v1 pedals are better than the G27, but can be very finicky to set up and keep working.

If this wasn't [H] I would say that's a bit of a stretch. The G27 is a huge step up from the wheels in the $100 price point. Driving Force GT, Driving Force Pro, Xbox Wheel, etc. The pedals actually having stiffness, the smoothness of the wheel, how much quieter it is, a clutch pedal and having a full shifter is certainly a large improvement. I know there are parts that could be improved like the shifter, but unless you're hardcore I'd say the G27 is going to be more than enough for most people to be happy. As stated though for Hulk if you're that serious about racing then you might be [H]. :p

@Fershlugg: Huge difference between the two. I have used a DFP (The older version of the GT) and a G27 and can vouch for how much nicer the 27 is. I'm sure the T500 is nicer but I guess for me it's not $400 nicer and then losing the gate shifter on top of it. (and reading the reviews I know that Logitech has much better support and build quality in their products)

Last edited:
Thanks for the input bman, I can't wait for the G27 to show up tomorrow (barring a huge snowstorm).
How long is the throw on the G27 shifter? I'm wondering if I'm going to get beaten by flappy paddle guys now.

Thanks for the input bman, I can't wait for the G27 to show up tomorrow (barring a huge snowstorm).
How long is the throw on the G27 shifter? I'm wondering if I'm going to get beaten by flappy paddle guys now.

Throw is short but the action can be kind of spotty if you're going to do it like in a real car. It's really a fingertip shifter.

Awesome wheel for anyone looking to get into a really scalable wheel that honestly keeps up with most more expensive options. Just upgraded to a Fanatec GT3 RS but I had my G27 for years before that and it was great!

Looks like you need the promo code from an email to get the $150 off. Great deal if you can get it!

does some one have a spare code for the g27 at frys they could PM me thanks in advance

Back