Logitech G5 (rev 1) is finally dying. What should i look at for replacements?

semisonic9

Gawd
Yep. After many good years of faithful service, my mouse has been on the blink. It goes in and out on me more and more lately.

You know how irritating it is to lose a life in TF2 because you can't turn around for 1s?

I prefer the palm-style to the "claw grip" some use, and I have big hands. I prefer a corded mouse. Other than the G5 with the seven buttons (rev 2), which I'm looking at, is there anything else I should consider?

I'm a little :rolleyes: at spending $50 on a mouse. I'd like to keep things in the $20-30 range, if possible. Guess I'll keep my eye open for sales. I'm willing to wait for a good deal, if something is coming up.

Call Logitech. I had the same issue with my G5v1. They sent me a replacement G5v2, free of charge.

If I were you I would buy MS Intellimouse.

Excellent tracking and can last quite a while.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105018
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105161

If you want something fancier (although having used Intellimouse 3.0, G5 and a Deathadder, I can't tell the difference), go with a Deathadder. I liked it better than the G5, didn't get dirty as easy. My hand also doesn't hurt as much as when I used the G5

+1, get the 3.0 tho not 4.0, it will give you trackiing problems even on medium-high sensitivity http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&id=1265679&page=6 http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&id=1265679&page=4

My G5 went out on my about a month ago after like 3 or 4 years. I just bought a G9, which I love.

I recently changed to the Steel Series Ikari Laser. I wasn't sure about the pinky placement at first, but I like it very much now. They don't have issues like some of the others do. (pixel skipping etc.) The coating on the mouse is great for longer sessions and sweaty hands.

I recently changed to the Steel Series Ikari Laser. I wasn't sure about the pinky placement at first, but I like it very much now. They don't have issues like some of the others do. (pixel skipping etc.) The coating on the mouse is great for longer sessions and sweaty hands.

+1

Very comfortable mouse with nice added features.

Call Logitech. I had the same issue with my G5v1. They sent me a replacement G5v2, free of charge.

I've been having the same problem too. Think I'll contact them

How old are your guy's mouses? (mice?)

I've gotta say mine is around 3-4 years old, and I'm pretty sure I don't have any of the original paperwork or anything lying around. Does Logitech offer a lifetime warranty or something?

How old are your guy's mouses? (mice?)

I've gotta say mine is around 3-4 years old, and I'm pretty sure I don't have any of the original paperwork or anything lying around. Does Logitech offer a lifetime warranty or something?

Mine was about 2.5 years old when I contacted them. If memory serves, Logitech offers a three year warranty on their mice.

Now of course they never asked for a receipt or any sort of proof of purchase when I contacted them ... just wanted SN and PN #s from the back of the mouse itself.

I called Logitech last year after my ~3 year old G5v1 died... I told the guy I had just lost a CS scrim because my LMB died :( He laughed and said, "Well, we can't have that now can we? What's your address." 2 months later, new G5v2.. All he needed was my address and the proof-of-sale number.

Edit: Only downside was the shipping of my old mouse there, and the new one back...but hey, can't complain.

I called Logitech last year after my ~3 year old G5v1 died... I told the guy I had just lost a CS scrim because my LMB died :( He laughed and said, "Well, we can't have that now can we? What's your address." 2 months later, new G5v2.. All he needed was my address and the proof-of-sale number.

Edit: Only downside was the shipping of my old mouse there, and the new one back...but hey, can't complain.

See, in my case, they never even asked for my old G5 back - they just sent out a new one. <3 Logitech.

razer deathadder. good for big hands. super comfortable. owned an ms intellimouse, logitech mx1000 and the standard optical.. 300 i think it was.

razer deathadder feels much better in my palm.

MS Intellimouse 1.1
MS Intellimouse 3.0

I also like the MS Comfort Optical Mouse 3000, although the scroll wheel on mine doesn't work anymore after about a year and a half.

Razer DeathAdder.

Don't let anyone tell you anything else. One of the best mice out there.

It was worth every penny, I bet this puppy will be working in 3+ years from now, it's been going strong for the last year for me...

I know you said you aren't a claw grip person but you should at least try the Logitech G9. I went from the G5 rev 1 to a G9 and it is awesome. By far a better gaming mouse than the G5 which I never thought I would say as like you I loved my G5 for several years.
I recommend you at least try out the G9 (2nd grip) and just return it if you don't like it.

Razer DeathAdder.

Don't let anyone tell you anything else. One of the best mice out there.

It was worth every penny, I bet this puppy will be working in 3+ years from now, it's been going strong for the last year for me...

This.

i went from a G9 to a DeathAdder and the difference is night and day, feels soooo much more comfortable in my hand, plus I like the config software on the DA much better. Don't fall into the marketing trap of 3-4k DPI.

The Logitech 518 would have very similar ergonomics and performance superior to the G5 in every way except resolution.

I personally don't like Razer products I found the Logitech drivers and control panels to be more user friendly and reliable. The Logitech also probably has superior build quality.

Stay away from laser stick with optical or infrared.

What about the RAZER Lachesis? How is it comparable to the deathadder?

Back