Logitech G5 stuttering and resetting

KillerPotato

Limp Gawd
I have the newer logitech G5 (the blue one) and when I try using it on my new computer, every minute or so it'll shut itself off and turn itself back on for a second, resetting my dpi setting. Sometime's it'll get so bad that it shuts off every couple seconds for a second at a time and the only solution is to replug it into the usb. The situation doesn't change with different usb ports.

The mouse doesn't do this with any other computer, and other mice don't do this on my new computer, so I feel like this should be fixable somehow. The motherboard is a MSI 785GM-E65, and i cant find anything about it having usb issues, but maybe mine just has shitty usb ports. After installing everything in my case I found that the connection for the front usb ports barely works (they'll work sometimes, but it's very spotty), and I'm pretty sure it's the motherboard's issue.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

I'd give a call to logitech and see what they say, maybe they've seen similar issues from other users and can help you out, logitech customer support is amazing, they might just send you a new mouse.

I had an issue with a mouse a while back, described it to them, they wanted me to send them a receipt, which I faxed over, they sent me a new mouse (could be refurbished, but looked brand new) and I didn't even have to send back the broken one.

Go buy a PCI USB controller if you think the USB ports suck, not sure what else to suggest...

Back