Logitech G710 Gaming Keyboard (Mechanical MX Brown)

That is a Photoshop error.

I have seen a LOT of photoshop in my time and dem pixels are WRONG!

The design says most likely iOne or iRocks, but noone knows for sure yet.

The design says Logitech to me.

Just like Apples are designed in Cupertino and manufactured almost anywhere.

People obsess about the factory too much.

Depending on overall quality, $150USD is currently on the higher side of mech. boards w/o backlighting (esp. considering that we still don't know who manufactures this board). The CMStorm Quickfire Rapid and Rosewill RK9000 go for nearly half the price and are manufactured with high QC. Even the CMStorm Trigger goes for ~$100 and it's a full feature "gaming" board with media/macro keys and backlighting, also running with high QC.

It's backlit, so it's priced comparably with a Ducky or K90, though the latter often sees huge discounts (OTOH it also has a subset of keys with rubber domes). Rosewill's new backlit might undercut it (I haven't bothered to check it out), Monoprice's too.

Dustin made some odd comments in the Anandtech review tho...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6358/...al-keyboard-and-g600-mmo-mouse-capsule-review

He mentions the keys are dampened, which is unusual for a stock mechanical but nothing wild... He also mentions it feels stiffer than other keyboards he's tried with reds and even blues tho, so either the dampening was implemented in a weird way or Logitech has done something else that's very unusual.

You are delusional or you used really low quality rubber dome keyboards. No matter what mechanical keyboards even with softland pads etc are noticeably louder then rubber dome

I find it funny that people can't stand a little orange color, and complain over how a keyboard looks, probably the same poeple using cyborg gaming crap

Um, cherry mechanicals make two noises, a click halfway down if it uses blue switches (otherwise nothing), and a clack when the key bottoms out on the metal plate or pcb. If you dampen the latter or get used to not bottoming out it's effectively as quiet or quieter than any rubber dome board (where you have to bottom out no matter what or key presses won't register).

The design says Logitech to me.

Just like Apples are designed in Cupertino and manufactured almost anywhere.

People obsess about the factory too much.

People do obsess about the factory, but mainly because of the level of QC observed to come out of them. Noone likes playing RMA roulette so knowledge always helps in determining who's going to give the "better" product when it comes down to which is more likely to have manufacturing defects (by nature individual mechanical switch devices should have a decent chance of failure because the number of parts).

And, my general manufacturing guess goes towards cheaper brands because of the cost to design and print a unique PCB, as well as Logitech's notoriety for trying to squeeze as much as they can out of "gaming" labels.

I don't worry too much about QC on anything Logitech branded. I've had a lot of their stuff and its all been very high quality even my cheap $25 mini keyboard my wifes been using for the last year or more. Plus their customer service is one of the best like Corsair and a couple others so it shouldn't be a nightmare should you have to deal with RMA.

You know the more I look at and read about this thing, the more I want one. Pretty sure Ill have one of these before too long.

Looks great, but holy fuck it's a bit too pricy for me.

Logitech items often go on sale. Having said that the price seems right inline with the features. Basically you have two main features of highend keyboards. Backlit and highend switches. Both seem to raise the price about 50-75 dollars. So if good basic keyboards run about 30-35 dollars...100 for backlit and highend switches 135. Logitech adds a few extras like macro keys, sound reduction and media control ...pricing seems just about right. If you compare it to rival keyboards the pricing seems inline with a majority of makers.

The good news is that a good mechanical keyboard normally has a much long lifespan. Normally at least 3x that of most lowend keyboards. They normally last 10-15 years with little effort and can last longer if you replace worn parts. This is without taking into account the enjoyment factor and increased productivity and good keyboard brings to the table.

$150?? I paid less than that for my full Ducky Shine cherry brown. It does have neat macro keys. I can't think of a reason to buy this one at the moment though :X

It doesn't look TOO bad. It sort of reminds me of the g510, which I was a big fan of back in the day (still have one that works). That volume controller looks like it was lifted right from the G510.

Last edited:
I might actually pick this up. I use a Das Professional S at work, and a Logitech G510 at home...I've been looking for a mechanical keyboard for home, but most lack things like macro keys and volume rockers, something I really want for my home system...this has both, and works with the Logitech software I already use. That is a nice combo, at least for someone like me.

I might actually pick this up. I use a Das Professional S at work, and a Logitech G510 at home...I've been looking for a mechanical keyboard for home, but most lack things like macro keys and volume rockers, something I really want for my home system...this has both, and works with the Logitech software I already use. That is a nice combo, at least for someone like me.

I'm in the exact same situation, which is why I just ordered one. The G710 will be replacing a ~4 year old Logitech illuminated keyboard.

I got one too. Newegg even gave me the promotion price after I had ordered.:D

$150?? I paid less than that for my full Ducky Shine cherry brown. It does have neat macro keys. I can't think of a reason to buy this one at the moment though :X

So you think the Shine II is overpriced then since it's also $150?

So you think the Shine II is overpriced then since it's also $150?

No, the Shine II is not overpriced. :confused:

I don't know the quality of this new logitech mechanical. But if it's based on an iOne or iRock for base parts, then the G710 is way overpriced no matter what keyboard you compare it to :X

Of course, this is just my opinion.

I think it might be a little overpriced. I think $125 would be fair. You've got the Cooler Master Quick Fires out there for a lot less with the Trigger coming in at $115. I don't think $150 is unreasonable, just not a bargain.

I think it might be a little overpriced. I think $125 would be fair. You've got the Cooler Master Quick Fires out there for a lot less with the Trigger coming in at $115. I don't think $150 is unreasonable, just not a bargain.
It doesn't have as many keys, actual media and macro keys nor does it have full LED backlighting so why again do you think you can price it competitive to something it doesn't compete with it.

Mechanical keyboard elitists are basically hipsters.
except they have money? or don't and that's why they are mad at 150 dollar keyboard.

I like how people are getting mad at the quality of the product without any proper review actually being done. It clearly just anti-corporatism at it's finest, even though logitech has always provided pretty dam good quality in their higher end products, a bit at times over priced but not real questions about craftsmanship, at least when there has been problems logitech has been pretty good at replacements, a lot better then other companies i've dealt with paid for shipping etc.

I also love how people in [H] get upset over colors on a keyboard as if they never taken something apart and used contact paper to reskin it.

I do get why companies use rollers instead of dials because they take up less space but i still prefer dials, that's really my only peeve about it. Either way i'll just wait for one with a LCD screen and another row of macro keys(yes i've found uses for them abit specialized uses) be nice to replace my G15 ala like 6+ years now

It doesn't have as many keys, actual media and macro keys nor does it have full LED backlighting so why again do you think you can price it competitive to something it doesn't compete with it.

except they have money? or don't and that's why they are mad at 150 dollar keyboard.

I like how people are getting mad at the quality of the product without any proper review actually being done. It clearly just anti-corporatism at it's finest, even though logitech has always provided pretty dam good quality in their higher end products, a bit at times over priced but not real questions about craftsmanship, at least when there has been problems logitech has been pretty good at replacements, a lot better then other companies i've dealt with paid for shipping etc.

I also love how people in [H] get upset over colors on a keyboard as if they never taken something apart and used contact paper to reskin it.

I do get why companies use rollers instead of dials because they take up less space but i still prefer dials, that's really my only peeve about it. Either way i'll just wait for one with a LCD screen and another row of macro keys(yes i've found uses for them abit specialized uses) be nice to replace my G15 ala like 6+ years now

Actually the CMStorm Trigger is fully backlit and has one less macro key. I don't see how the inclusion of several dedicated media keys and one extra macro key makes the board any "better" myself. If you want to take it beyond that, the Trigger also gives you the ability to choose one of four Cherry MX options where, as far as we've heard, the G710 only comes in Cherry MX Brown.

As far as I know Logitech doesn't put out any really high-quality goods any more; that's not to say their products are low quality or suck, they are very good quality. But, their "gaming" quality gear is on the same level as their other stuff, the price difference is due to additional bling and fluff they toss on it as well as the gaming label it's self, in most cases.

I and my gf enjoy Logitech products ourselves, I have a G9x and she uses their illuminated scissor-switch keyboard; both very decent products for what they are, and even great customer service when we had to replace her keyboard. But, I'm no fanboy and will not over-hype or suggest (myself) for people to buy any products I don't know enough about, that's more so what [H] is about.

I'm not knocking anyone here, but you guys sure seem to analyze the hell out of a keyboard.

I'm not knocking anyone here, but you guys sure seem to analyze the hell out of a keyboard.

I blame [H] for getting me into researching parts when I stared building, and forums like geekhack.org for getting me into keyboard pron...

Actually the CMStorm Trigger is fully backlit and has one less macro key. I don't see how the inclusion of several dedicated media keys and one extra macro key makes the board any "better" myself. If you want to take it beyond that, the Trigger also gives you the ability to choose one of four Cherry MX options where, as far as we've heard, the G710 only comes in Cherry MX Brown.

As far as I know Logitech doesn't put out any really high-quality goods any more; that's not to say their products are low quality or suck, they are very good quality. But, their "gaming" quality gear is on the same level as their other stuff, the price difference is due to additional bling and fluff they toss on it as well as the gaming label it's self, in most cases.

I and my gf enjoy Logitech products ourselves, I have a G9x and she uses their illuminated scissor-switch keyboard; both very decent products for what they are, and even great customer service when we had to replace her keyboard. But, I'm no fanboy and will not over-hype or suggest (myself) for people to buy any products I don't know enough about, that's more so what [H] is about.
Ah i was mostly talking about the quick fire pro, didn't know the trigger was back-lit, but it still lacks actual media keys, and actual media keys are always better, it also cuts costs by not having them and just using software/firmware macros to cover it. Anyways MSRP of 120 vs MSRP of 150, for 30 bucks you get media keys and o-rings under the keys. They both feature adequate key roll over, so yeah that competes with it. Trigger main thing is choice of switch type, but Logitech's you could easily find in a storefront though and it's macro software is always good and updated.

My last keyboard was a Logitech G110, I moved away from it because I realized how much I missed the mechanical keyboards from my youth, it's freakishly huge footprint on my desk, and all of the unnecessary styling/keys.

I'm a lot happier with my KBT Pure Limited Edition these days, this feels like too little too late for Logitech.

They should've made a brand new, stripped down, backlit board with a bunch of switch options instead of this reprinted G110.

I do kinda miss that volume rocker tho... :/

The BlackWidow Ultimate has the same number of keys, media keys, macros, variable backlightimg and runs $120. So that's why I said $125 is what I think would be a fair price for the G710 because other mechanical gaming keyboards are $125 or cheaper. Not sure where you're getting this "doesn't compete with" thing as the BWU and Trigger are in direct competition with the G710 but $30+ cheaper. So again, $150 isn't unreasonable but its not what I'd consider fair or competitive based on the price of its competitors.

Welcome to an enthusiasts forum. We analyze the crap out of everything [H]ard PC related.

We're all about the [H]ard analysis and comparisons on this web page here... ;)

I agree it's a little overpriced in light of some recent models, if they offered multiple switch choices I'd give them a pass considering their great service... It'll probably drop under MSRP fairly quickly tho, like the K90 often does.

The BlackWidow Ultimate has the same number of keys, media keys, macros, variable backlightimg and runs $120. So that's why I said $125 is what I think would be a fair price for the G710 because other mechanical gaming keyboards are $125 or cheaper. Not sure where you're getting this "doesn't compete with" thing as the BWU and Trigger are in direct competition with the G710 but $30+ cheaper. So again, $150 isn't unreasonable but its not what I'd consider fair or competitive based on the price of its competitors.
MSRP bro

BWU is 130 MSRP and really it's the black widow ultimate stealth that compete with it, and that's 140 MSRP
and BW lacks actual media keys, holding a modifier key + pressing another button is not the same as just pressing one button or having a wheel or dial to adjust volume.

Btw you find most gaming things listed below MSRP after a month or so. I'm just peeved people seem convinced that it's over priced based on MSRP when they aren't comparing MSRP.

Either way competition would be from BlackWidow Ultimate silent, Corsair K90, and CM trigger, each are a bit different but all around 140 120 MSRP

Either way i rather have G19/G510 mech keyboard from logitech then this. (G19's layout ionno why G510 uses a not very logitech layout with the oversized return and the small left shift, but G510 price and lack of having to use power not supplied from usb)

I don't get why they put the orange ring there or the edgy look, I mean there were playing it safe for the most part trying not to alienate people, going with white for backlight and choosing browns for switches. I don't see why they couldn't stick to black and white/grey

Last edited:
I can't do that. I need a keypad since I play left handed.
I can't stand not having a numpad, i hate doing numbers on my laptop because of that, that holding fn is not the same the key's are slanted not straight like a numpad and no fat 0. Numpads are the shit i can care less about desk space, herp i i can spend 150 on a keyboard (really 2-3k on my computer is more to the point) i can throw down a couple hundred for a nice spacious desk.

You can always get a separate number pad that you can move away when gaming, best of both worlds if you can find a board that satisfies all your other needs... I like my volume/media keys and backlight tho so I haven't seen a TKL that floats my boat, plus they're often not even any cheaper. Edit: I'd actually like to see a number pad with a nice volume roller or dial and some media keys, that'd be sweet as I could then pair it with any TKL I like... If I had that I'd probably even keep multiple TKLs around with different switch types.

You can always get a separate number pad that you can move away when gaming, best of both worlds if you can find a board that satisfies all your other needs... I like my volume/media keys and backlight tho so I haven't seen a TKL that floats my boat, plus they're often not even any cheaper. Edit: I'd actually like to see a number pad with a nice volume roller or dial and some media keys, that'd be sweet as I could then pair it with any TKL I like... If I had that I'd probably even keep multiple TKLs around with different switch types.
Just wait for Logitech to remake the G13 with mediakeys and mech switches. XD doubtful unless G710+ sells decent enough.

Back