Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for $100

Was just coming here to post this..

I JUST bought this from Amazon yesterday for $125, and after 5 minutes in chat they refunded $25, :heart: Amazon

I love it!

Also, OP maybe update the Amazon link with [H] link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009C98NPY?tag=hardfocom-20

edit: nevermind, it updated automatically :cool:

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
FUUU I paid full price... one of the best keyboard I've use. Highly recommended!

I had a $20 credit from a gamer preorder I hadn't used bringing this down to $79 shipped Prime.
That makes this a very [H]ot deal for a backlit, MX brown board with pre-installed dampeners

Dang. I've gotten refunds from Amazon for price drops within 30 days of purchase, but I paid $130 for this keyboard... 34 days ago.

Wonder why they didn't allow for LED color changes on the 710 like they do on the 510. Weak. I love my red LEDs :(

That is an awesome price on this thing. I almost bit but really love my BlackWidow and can't part with her just yet.

Have the backlight dying problems been fixed yet? Because it doesn't seem like it has....

Thanks for the link that best buy has it. Trying to decide if the extra $7 for taxes bothers me. I'd rather buy it from Amazon, but they're still dicking with the price... :rolleyes:

I have considered holding out for it but I'm not sure that there is any information about a concrete release date. I definitely would prefer it in every way unless I could get an awesome deal on the K90

Then get the K90.

I'm using the K60, and after trying other mechanical keyboards it's become obvious that I can't do plastic any more. The metal substrate is such a nice platform to type on, no energy lost to flex and no hollow resonance like with plastic. It feels very solid, I imagine if you were ever assaulted at your computer you could beat them to death with the keyboard and then sit down and type out their eulogy. I just wish mine had a backlight like the K90 but I don't need the keys along the left side.

Well, I hate Best Buy but I bought from there since the Amazon price jumped up to $144 after being $124 this morning :rolleyes:

Then get the K90.

I'm using the K60, and after trying other mechanical keyboards it's become obvious that I can't do plastic any more. The metal substrate is such a nice platform to type on, no energy lost to flex and no hollow resonance like with plastic. It feels very solid, I imagine if you were ever assaulted at your computer you could beat them to death with the keyboard and then sit down and type out their eulogy. I just wish mine had a backlight like the K90 but I don't need the keys along the left side.

My WASD is plastic and its heavy and well constructed, I bet I could hit some dude in the head and continue typing. Plastic actually absorbs shock more but anyways thats not the point.

Metal is not necessary on a keyboard. All the high end plastic keyboards are amazing.

I played with one at central computer. Compared to my K90, it feels pretty cheap... I'm not a fan

I played with one at central computer. Compared to my K90, it feels pretty cheap... I'm not a fan

cheap? the 710 is built like a damn tank, probably the highest quality KB I've ever owned...and that's after 4 Filcos, 1 CM Storm, 2 Leopolds, a Steelseries, a Corsair and a Das...

cheap? the 710 is built like a damn tank, probably the highest quality KB I've ever owned...and that's after 4 Filcos, 1 CM Storm, 2 Leopolds, a Steelseries, a Corsair and a Das...

In comparison to the K90, it feels cheap. To me at least...

Well, everyone is different. I agree with you. I feel this thing is built like a tank!

What the fuck do you do with your keyboards? You know they are made for typing stuff right? Maybe playing a game or few?

There was nothing wrong with my old Logitech G15 really, but it was just so funky with various grime and cat hair and who knows what else that I decided to take the plunge.

I really don't see any big advantage in these mechanical keyboards. They are noisy and the tactile feel is really insignificant and I type no faster.

However, this is a very well built attractive keyboard with excellent backlighting that is controllable (a bit of a gimmick, but kinda neat), doesn't slip around in the slightest, and feels like you could hammer nails with this all day... very beefy!

I can definitely recommend this as a good keyboard, just don't expect some magical difference in the key feel.

Gotta say Ive not read any complaints about the build quality on these things. Logitech stuff is usually pretty well built and from what Ive read (havent played with one yet personally) these new mechanicals are pretty solid.

I just got one of these a few days ago and have to say its a lot nicer than the K60 I had before it. I mean, the backlighting is pretty poor. The keys arent evenly lit. And the volume knob seems to be consistently loose or has other non-performance effecting defects, and one of my keys has a notch in it.. but browns >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> reds.

I can definitely recommend this as a good keyboard, just don't expect some magical difference in the key feel.

I'll disagree with you on this one. I've only put hands on blues, but the difference is like night and day. I may not type faster, but tying on a mechanical is not the hair pulling experience I had with membranes. The key travel being randomly rough is the worst experience I've had. And I'll take a membrane keyboard over a scissor switch any day.

What the fuck do you do with your keyboards? You know they are made for typing stuff right? Maybe playing a game or few?

I like to beat other forum members over the head with them when they ask silly questions......:)

I just got one of these a few days ago and have to say its a lot nicer than the K60 I had before it. I mean, the backlighting is pretty poor. The keys arent evenly lit. And the volume knob seems to be consistently loose or has other non-performance effecting defects, and one of my keys has a notch in it.. but browns >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> reds.

Internet sarcasm. Love it

Internet sarcasm. Love it

Not sure what you're trying to say here. I pointed out some issues with the keyboard, but overall [because I personally find the red switches to be unusably bad] the browns are so nice, and its so much quieter, that I love it.

Not sure what you're trying to say here. I pointed out some issues with the keyboard, but overall [because I personally find the red switches to be unusably bad] the browns are so nice, and its so much quieter, that I love it.

Ah. I misinterpreted. All those things you pointed out sound like build quality problems, no?

I use browns at work and they're great, however I find the reds to be better for gaming. Its all personal preference though.

Back