Logitech G9 - $40 AR @ Amazon

Well if my G5 ever gives out... but I doubt it will.

mine did, an now I have this one. nice upgrade i'd say, not worth the $80 i paid, but worth the 40 FO sho. only IF your G5 recently died of course

hell yeah. My mx518's left click just died again. This'll definitely be nice and I'll keep the rma 518 as a spare perhaps

+1 for Amazon / Logitech deals!

I got this same deal ($40 AR from Amazon) for a G9 in June '08. Just wanted to let anyone who doesnt like rebates know that I got the check from Logitech. I think it took about 8 weeks; no fuss, no hassle.

I came from a MX510 that I had for about four years. If youre coming from the hand style that logitech used all from the MX series to the G7, then it will take you a little while to get used to the G9. I love my G9 now, but there was a short period where I had to get used to it. Anyone on the fence with the mouse style might wanna try to hold one at best buy, etc, as it varies based on personal preference (of course...).

Thanks for the post. I have come to 100% not be able to play without my mx500/510/518. Currently, I'm on a microsoft comfort optical. I can tell you my cs performance has gone down too much. Changed the way I play the game since I can't make most of the shots I normally would with ease anymore. But I trust logitech and bet the new style will be better than ever once acclimated..

:)!

Does this mouse feel similar to a MS Sidewinder? They look kind of the same shape but I hated the way that mouse felt. I took it to work because I was having a tough time gaming with it. Figured maybe i'll get used to it there.... :rolleyes:

This mouse is much more comfortable than the SideWinder IMO...the SideWinder was just too large for me. Otherwise it was a great mouse. But I can use the G9 comfortably for hours whether it be Windows or gaming. The only thing that sucks is the wheel which requires considerable force when middle clicking. However, I like everything else about this mouse.

Well...I might have to bite. The scroll wheel on my G5 is getting too loose for my tastes. Seeing as how I'm a Logitech whore, this is a good deal.

Well...I might have to bite. The scroll wheel on my G5 is getting too loose for my tastes. Seeing as how I'm a Logitech whore, this is a good deal.

I'd contact Logitech about that. They've been really good about replacements and they tend not to even require you to send your failing unit back.

damn i already own 3 but might pick another up for a backup.. (middle scroll wheel is not difficult to press )

damn i already own 3 but might pick another up for a backup.. (middle scroll wheel is not difficult to press )

Pssst...yes it is, and I'm not the only one to say that. :p Out of the dozen or so various mice I currently own, the wheel on the G9 by far requires the most pressure to click the wheel.

Maybe it gets easier with time/use. But I distinctly remember another member making the comment that the wheel on his G9 took the force of a small elephant to click. Mine's not quite that bad; I'd say a hippo would provide adequate weight.

I probably wouldn't notice it if it was the only mouse I had ever used. But in comparison to the others, yeah it definitely requires a firmer push with the ol' index finger.

Pssst...yes it is, and I'm not the only one to say that. :p Out of the dozen or so various mice I currently own, the wheel on the G9 by far requires the most pressure to click the wheel.

Maybe it gets easier with time/use. But I distinctly remember another member making the comment that the wheel on his G9 took the force of a small elephant to click. Mine's not quite that bad; I'd say a hippo would provide adequate weight.

I probably wouldn't notice it if it was the only mouse I had ever used. But in comparison to the others, yeah it definitely requires a firmer push with the ol' index finger.

QFT. When gaming with the G9, the pressure for the MMB isn't very noticeable. However it become readily apparent when your press it a lot for everyday use (i.e. opening/closing tabs in Firefox). The extra effort required sounds like something silly to bring up but it really is a nuisance when compared to other mice that don't have that problem.

That's why I don't use my G9 a whole bunch.

Well, I am having some issues with my G7 while gaming, it lags and/or stutters intermitently so I am hoping the G9 is not going to do so being that it is wired and not wireless like the G7... I sure hope I am not wrong since the G7 works fine everywhere else and I would hate to throw money away.

I'm in :D

Well, I am having some issues with my G7 while gaming, it lags and/or stutters intermitently so I am hoping the G9 is not going to do so being that it is wired and not wireless like the G7... I sure hope I am not wrong since the G7 works fine everywhere else and I would hate to throw money away.

I'm in :D

Strange. My G7 works flawlessly. Maybe you have some kind of interference. My only real gripe with it is a shitty charger (I believe mine may just be defective) and batteries that drain way too fast.

Strange. My G7 works flawlessly. Maybe you have some kind of interference. My only real gripe with it is a shitty charger (I believe mine may just be defective) and batteries that drain way too fast.

Well, I do have a lot of stuff close by that could interfere but, I did move the little usb plug antena (?) to about 3 to 5 inches from where the mouse is, any closer and I would be tripping all over the damn thing.

The jerkiness is only when I am doing heavy battles or I have the enemy AI close to my character, otherwise, it works flawlessly.

Battery normally last for about a day but I don't use the mouse much during the day.

But I distinctly remember another member making the comment that the wheel on his G9 took the force of a small elephant to click.

That was actually me. It does get better with time, however it's still too stiff. And I have to start all over again as I gave my previous G9 to my GF and ordered this new one to replace it (not that there was anything wrong with the old one, just that she liked that one better than the G5 she had).

If it was the only button on the mouse, it may not be that bad, however having a button that requires very little force (the LMB) and a button that requires a LOT of force (MMB) on the same device is very poor design. It's all about consistency. No one in their right mind would make a keyboard with keys of varying levels of resistance, why not apply the same design mantra for a mouse? Obviously it's had some mechanical challenges related to it, seeing as how there is a toggle between two distinct modes of use (which is great, I really like having both the low resistance scroll and the click-scroll available on one mouse; I switch between them a lot).

I still use it and I deal with it, even in games. It's just that it's something they could've definitely improved instead of giving us a tracking engine able to track 10Gs more.

This is the Ferrari of all mice- bought mine when it was $90 last year and have no regrets! Now there's no excuse for anyone to not buy this amazing mouse! ;)

This is the Ferrari of all mice- bought mine when it was $90 last year and have no regrets! Now there's no excuse for anyone to not buy this amazing mouse! ;)

Naw, I still don't recommend it to all the palm mousers out there. But yeah, my favorite mouse.

Back