Logitech MX 1000 Laser Mouse

List Price: $79.99
Price: $49.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $30.00 (38%)
Rebate: $20.00
Price After Rebate: $29.99

Nice. This is cordless but not bluetooth, right?

from the product description:

Fast RF cordless: Cordless performance that equals USB corded connection

The bluetooth MX1000 only comes with the MX5000 and another wireless Keyboard/Mouse set. Too bad you can't get it by itself, not that I'm big on bluetooth, but tis worta nice with a lappy.

CdAddict said:

There are pros and cons to this mouse.

The pros are that it's arguably the most ergonomic mouse (left handers need not apply)
  • The side buttons are great for going forward and back on web pages
  • The side button makes closing firefox tabs a breeaze.
  • The side scroll on the wheel can be used to go from tab to tab
  • With Uberoptions, you assign any function to any button

The cons
  • Using the USB connector causes the mouse to jump on many machines (fixed by using mouse port)
  • Battery not easilly replaceable
  • If you assign Page Up/Down to Cruise buttons, it won't repeat the action in Firefox (must push multiple times)
  • My left button started to fail (double clicks from one push) after 15 months of use
  • Unlike the MX Revolution, it doesn't seem to use 2.4ghz (my revolution is useless if the Microwave is on).

All the other problems I delt with, but the last one caused me to call logitech. They replaced it with a Revolution MX.

The MX is similar in shape and size, but the layout is different. In stead of the Cruise buttons, they have a wheel that can work like a regular wheel or can spin freely.

The latter is a nice feature for web pages, but I miss the cruise buttons when playing games. The side button is there, but it's now on a wheel.

The middle button on the MX is too hard to push, as is the side button.

In short, despite all the flaws of the MX1000, I think its layout and over all feel is much better.

If you download
Uberoptions for Logitech you'll have a mouse that is not only great for web browsing and general use, but a great gaming mouse (though perhaps not for you FPS junkies).

I may jump on this deal...use the Revolution for web browsing and general use and the 1000 for games.

Quick question for those of you that made it this far:
Have you ever had your mouse cause your Alt or CTRL key to get stuck down? I know it sounds odd, but I've found that both MXs caused that to happen. FWIW, I'm using a logitech keyboard that came with my Cordless Duo (Split keyboard).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i have one and i have to say i love it. i use it for cs:s and don't have any problems

the only con i have w/ it is that it doesn't sit snugly in its recharging cradle, so it takes me a minute to adjust it so it'll recharge. but since i only have to recharge it once/3 days or so, it doesn't bother me too much

I've only done one one rebate from Logitech. Took them 14 weeks to process (even when it said up to 12 weeks) and then another 30 days for "shipping".

I'll pass on another MIR from them.

It would be alot nicer if the base wasn't so bloody huge. (P.s. I got mine free by DDing it, so I can't complain :D)

Logitech has the best service everz.

They even replaced my old-ass Force Feedback pro wheel for $30 thats way out of warranty.

But with mice, I'm just too used to the mx700 Even the mx1000/5000 feels to bulky and heavy.

Back