Logitech MX1000 laser mouse PWNES!!!!!!

MONST3R

Limp Gawd
I used this mouse at this computer show called Digital Edge. I asked for it for Christmas.
What do you guys think about it?

not willing to spend another massive amout of money on a mouse until my 510 breaks.

jamezzz122 said:
Gaming with MX1000 = NO NO!
Why? I've heard nothing but good things about it. I have the one previous to this one (MX700?), works beautiful with games.

From PCMECH.com

"Of course, for a gamer the real test comes from the games, and game we did. I tested the MX1000 with a variety of titles, ranging from hardcore FPS to slow paced RTS games. Through all of the testing the MX1000 performed flawlessly, both accurate and comfortable through hours of gaming"

From Driverheaven.net

"If you need a cordless mouse for precision gaming or high end professional tasks such as CAD or Photoshop work and have £60 burning a hole in your pocket then it comes highly recommended."

I would say it works just fine for games. ;)

I hear some people say it lags when you pick it up... but I don't have that issue... My only gripes are the feet suck after a while and the click could be lighter (like MS mice)

This mouse has worked flawlessly with D3, HL2, Pacific Assault and Rome Total War. Long battery life (even after a week out of the charger) and easy to program. I highly recommend it...if you can afford it.

I own this mouse and it rocks. I game with my PC and not much else. The lag comes from inactivity. If you leave it inactive and it goes to sleep, on some rare occasions such as when your battery life is low, it will lag a second comming back on.

When fully charged this problem doesn't occur. It's just as accurate and probably more so than any mouse I've ever used.

I've gamed off MX700's which are fine for games. But they aren't without some issues. I've had none of those problems with the MX1000. It's a great mouse, and if your in the market you should pick one up.

Time till someone posts a whole long post discussing in detail how the mx1000 sucks and links to other places that show why it sucks: 10...9...8...7

My two questions to people that say the mx1000 sucks:
1. have you tried it

and if so
2. if you have one why do you put up with a defective mouse? Why not return it or RMA it rather than waste your time badmouthing it?

I’ve tried it and my main complaint was basically that it is too heavy. That’s the same problem that stopped me from getting a MX700 a year or so ago.

People tend to downplay the weight issue, but in my opinion it really does matter. If it weighs more, it’s going to take more force to start it in motion and more force to halt that motion. That has a direct impact on accuracy, ability to play for a long time without fatigue, etc. This argument isn’t something I just randomly pulled out of my ass either, we’re just talking about simple physics here…

Hopefully they’ll come out with a wired version, and that should help a lot in making it less heavy. If they do, I’ll pick one up for sure.

Waiting for the MX1000 to be bundled with a keyboard, so I only have to have one reciever...

jamezzz122 said:
well...you obviously dont have a clue about the mouse..or you sure wouldnt have that attitude...read some reviews on it...then get back to us...its is BY FAR..Superior to any mouse on the market...wired or not i know what your used to..and yes some of the older Optical mice either lagg..or the mouse accel is a joke...but let me assure you..the MX1000 is not one of those mice..mouse lagg gaming...ZERO...mouse accel in games..ZERO...like i said read some reviews...i read umteen of em befor i bought mine...and i havent seen anyone even hint at negative comment ;)

It's fine for gaming, despite what the jelous :rolleyes: , er I mean other say ;)

But really the 510 is better for gamming because of weights less and that I find helps. I had a mx700 which I loved but I had to get a 510 for gamming because the mx700 just weight too much. The 510 still weighted a lot when I got so I had I opened it up and took out the weight, much better after.

PS Razer Viper owned all the logitechs just for refrence. Much more sensative and it gives you the ability to control the sensativity on the fly!! My friend has this mouse I borrowed it from him for HL2 and it was simly awesome. I'm amazed at how much I actually changed the sensativity. Best gaming mouse *ever*.

well..im on a skinned Ratpadz..so weight isnt an issue..my mouse slides on my pad like its on buttah :)..and really...think about it(no offense)..how much more can the 1000 weigh over the 510 or 700? its not like the 1000 is 15lb mouse ;)

jamezzz122 said:

Its to much weight to push around when you are in lets say a game of UT 2k4.

Edit: And yes i have one for whoever asked to say if we have one. And no mine does not have a defect its just way to much weight to push around when im gaming. I would rather use my mx510 and game at 100% than use my mx1000 and game at 85%

GotNoRice said:
I’ve tried it and my main complaint was basically that it is too heavy. That’s the same problem that stopped me from getting a MX700 a year or so ago.

People tend to downplay the weight issue, but in my opinion it really does matter. If it weighs more, it’s going to take more force to start it in motion and more force to halt that motion. That has a direct impact on accuracy, ability to play for a long time without fatigue, etc. This argument isn’t something I just randomly pulled out of my ass either, we’re just talking about simple physics here…

Hopefully they’ll come out with a wired version, and that should help a lot in making it less heavy. If they do, I’ll pick one up for sure.

The wieght is what makes it more appealing to me, The extra wieght just feels better to me.

Almost all of newer (MX500, 510) have metal weights in them to make them "feel" heavier, thus appealing to those who think that heavier = quality. It is true however, that some prefer the heavier feel, so to each his own.

I bought an MX1000 from my local Staples and returned in the next day due to the issue of the cursor freezing everytime the mouse was lifted up, especially when in heavy combat in UT2004. It got to the point of downright annoying and causing me to lose matches I should have been winning. Switched back to my MX500, and everything was dandy.

ajm786 said:
...I bought an MX1000 from my local Staples and returned in the next day due to the issue of the cursor freezing everytime the mouse was lifted up, especially when in heavy combat in UT2004. It got to the point of downright annoying and causing me to lose matches I should have been winning. Switched back to my MX500, and everything was dandy.
Lift up a standard ball mouse and tell us what the cursor does. I bet it freezes too...
It's not the mouse's fault that you lifted it up and then lost matches you think you should have won...

GotNoRice said:

Don't be a girlie man :D

I'm content with my mx500. I actually really like the look of the mx1000 though and almost bought one. But I thought better of it. I'm so conservative, haha.

7th Angel said:
Lift up a standard ball mouse and tell us what the cursor does. I bet it freezes too...
It's not the mouse's fault that you lifted it up and then lost matches you think you should have won...

Should have made myself more clear, but it doesn't matter in this case. I assumed you'd already know what I meant, but I guess I have to spell it out A B C ... :rolleyes:

Try lifting up an MX500 then setting it down. How long does it take for the mouse to start tracking again? Immediately. With the MX1000, it's more like a fraction of a second to half of a second. So, yes, it's discernable. Does it make a big difference? Damn right it does.

If you lift up any mouse it stops moving the cursor. Although the tracking distance on an optical is farther than with the laser mouse. Oddly enough the laser has a shorter range. I don't know why really.

The weight issue will bother some and not others. I prefer the weight personally. But as far as lagging, when fully charged this mouse DOES NOT LAG. I have avoided wireless mice for YEARS because of the lagging issue. When I read the information on Logitech's site about two weeks before the mice were in stores I was very much interested in it based on what I read. When I actually bought one and tried it out, I was AMAZED at how awesome it was. All my complaints about wireless mice were allieviated with this model.

I just got a MX1000 and unfortuanatly it's not looking good for CS. I'm going to do some more tweeking and see what happens, but mouse response in CS isn't as good as my MX500. :/

I've tested the mouse so see if there is a "delay" when picking it up and putting it down and it's never felt different than the MX500 in that regard.

The MX1000 is far better as far as feel goes though.

to whoever says its too heavy, its a mouse dude, lift some weights or something because you are WEAK!!!!!!!!!!

[Retaliation] said:
well...you obviously dont have a clue about the mouse..or you sure wouldnt have that attitude...read some reviews on it...then get back to us...its is BY FAR..Superior to any mouse on the market...wired or not i know what your used to..and yes some of the older Optical mice either lagg..or the mouse accel is a joke...but let me assure you..the MX1000 is not one of those mice..mouse lagg gaming...ZERO...mouse accel in games..ZERO...like i said read some reviews...i read umteen of em befor i bought mine...and i havent seen anyone even hint at negative comment ;)
Jesus, periods are meant to be used singularly.

I only have one gripe about the mouse. And this gripe covers all Logitech mice. No on-the-fly key-mapping per pplication. Logitech is not planning on adding that support either. Other than that I love the mouse. I have an email from Logitech that tells me they aren't plaaning it. I'll paste it below. What a pain in the ass.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to have different button assigned to different application. If you want have a specific button assignment in one application and another button in another application, you need need to assign manually when you switch the application. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. However, I will forward your suggestion to our concerned department to look into the matter.

I got some time to game with an MX1000 recently...and I will allow that it's the best wireless mouse I've ever used.

But it still feels like a wireless mouse to me.

When I'm not gaming, however, it's a beaut; the MX700 had just enough lag to be irritating in normal Windows GUI tasks, the 1000 doesn't. So if you're not obsessive-compulsive like me, I highly recommend it.

For the record, my friends think I'm nuts—they don't notice any lag when using it. YMMV.

I own the mx700, mx900, and, the mx1000. I was worried about what I read from people online, like the logitech suport forum. Figured if I was messed up I could return it. My favorite mouse is the mx900, it's light, the battery life is really good. If I need to I have plenty of replaceable AA batteries. I'm sure the lithium in the mx100 will last awhile. I get over 2 weeks on a charge. For accuracy though the mx1000 is the king. It moves incredibly well, and I don't notice the extra weight. If I lift the mx1000 half a cm over the table the cursor will still track... that's awesome. The only reason I don't like the mx1000 as much is because it's a little to big for my girlie sized hands. I like the size of the mx700/900 more. And my roommate is a lefty so he hates all of my mice. I got it as a gift and use it on my main pc. But I use the mx900 on my daily use pc.

Well my 2 cents... i also saw someone else say it. I use a fUnc pad and i game with the 510 normally. I boght the 1000 because i want wireless and a bigger mouse for my hand. The breakdown is, its a great mouse.. if you dont lift it up while playing. i play with low sensetivity and i use a smaller mouse so i have to lift up when making rapid turns or just moving and turning a lot. the thing read really fast and is great for someone who uses high sens or a big mouse pad. but all around the 510 work great except the 'back' button does stop working. (heard from a few people that theres also stopped working). but the 510 i think is the best mouse for gaming atm, its very sturdy, MS mice break easy, and works great all the time.

I'm wondering what drivers to use with this mouse.

I just got one, and it's pretty weird....It like lags sometimes, and doesn't always go to the right place.

I didn't change anything after I took out my MX510.

Should I install the drivers? Turn of "Precision'? What?

After testing lots of mice, I did find a mouse that is more comfortable and more useful than the mx1000. You can assign different functions to the buttons in different programs as well.
here is a photo of it:

explorer.jpg

Happy holiday everybody!!! :D :D :D

The_Terminator said:
After testing lots of mice, I did find a mouse that is more comfortable and more useful than the mx1000. You can assign different functions to the buttons in different programs as well.
here is a photo of it:

explorer.jpg

hehe, I still have one of those too and its still great. I have it on my older pc that I leave at my parents' house.

My main mouse is a mx510 and I love it. I recieved an mx1000 as a gift but decided to exchange it mainly because I already have the mx510 and there was other stuff worth 80 bucks I wanted more than mouse thats pretty much just as good as the one I have.

The_Terminator said:
here is a photo of it:

explorer.jpg

I spent $68.00 on one of these when they first came out, my kid still uses it.

Me, I love my MX1000. It is a tad on the heay side, but my old mouse was a MS optical mouse that was missing the plastice cover and glide pads, so I am not complaining.

Gaming-wise, the MX1000 seems good to me. I can't tell a difference between the two, but I don't notice much between hardware, except in to case of going from and 80gb,7200rpm, 2mb cache HDD to a 250gb, 7200rpm, 8mb cache HDD.

Overall though, I love my MX1000. Plus, its battteries seem to last forever and I don't have to put new ones in like that fancy MS wirelesss optical mouse that i used for a while. It ate 2 AA batteries a day.

Rombus said:
Time till someone posts a whole long post discussing in detail how the mx1000 sucks and links to other places that show why it sucks: 10...9...8...7

My two questions to people that say the mx1000 sucks:
1. have you tried it

and if so
2. if you have one why do you put up with a defective mouse? Why not return it or RMA it rather than waste your time badmouthing it?
Using one right now, it's great on the desktop when I don't mind the set-down delay, but it is quite noticable when i game. I got it as a warranty replacement for my MX700 and I've already tried calling logitech support about it without any luck.

Does anyone know if my current MX1000 (P/N and S/N's) would be tied to my MX700 RMA? I kinda got the impression Logitech might be more willing to help if they think this mouse is newly purchased as opposed to a RMA replacement. The support guy I talked to even thought his higher-up gave him a cop-out excuse, which was that the delay is part of the design and nothing could be done.

Ever since I got my first logitech mouse (Ifeel) I've loved logitech mice. I quickly moved upto a MX700 then from there bought a MX1000.

As for the weight issue, I've tryed lighter mice a mates houses and they all feel flimsy to me I feel like I could break them. Also as for longevity my MX700 has outlasted about 3 of my mates microsoft (Wired) mouses. And it's still going strong.

As for the problems lag when lifting the mouse in gaming, What are you doing lifting your mice while gaming. Especially in FPS's I allways setup my mouse so I can move in 360 degrees without lifting my mouse.

For desktop use, this mouse is excellent. I love it.

In game (CS:Source, HL2) its great... until you pick it up. It does experience lag, or it jumps sorta. Its hard to explain, but I;m getting used to it.

I cant belive that logitech hasnt come up with a fix for this? Do they replace mice with this bug?

Back