Logitech MX510 Mouse Blue $23.99 shipped after rebate @NewEgg

Is this mouse noticably better than the old microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.x series?

Damnit and I just bought some crappy optical mouse for $30. I feel like I should still get this.

It's a nice mouse, and I would say just slightly better than MS Explorer 3.0 if both are new. I couldn't find my explorer the other day so I picked up an MX510 for my lappie mouse, I'm happy with it but a bit annoyed as I found the explorer a week later in my toolkit. :rolleyes:

Still when you can get a mouse this good for $25-$30 it's never that bad to have an extra mouse around.

How long is the cord on it?

Anyone care to measure theirs for me? (sounds perverted :eek: )

I'm asking b/c I have a Shuttle up on a shelf kinda far away, where some mice cords are almost too short. (just barely makes it)

chrisf6969 said:
I'm asking b/c I have a Shuttle up on a shelf kinda far away, where some mice cords are almost too short. (just barely makes it)

You may want to look into getting either a PS/2 or USB extension cable. They can be had for less than $10. I would recomend the USB since it could be used with many other devices if need be.

dang i bought one of these last week from BB B&M, i guess its cool cuz I wanted it at the moment (cursed microsoft mouse double clicking on-mouse-button-press). Its a very good mouse, high recommendation for it.

Gun Giddy said:
You may want to look into getting either a PS/2 or USB extension cable. They can be had for less than $10. I would recomend the USB since it could be used with many other devices if need be.

Good idea, didnt thing about that.
Maybe I will get a USB extension wire, I might be able to find one free. I think this memory card reader at a friends house came with one, they're not using. (= free)

chrisf6969 said:
How long is the cord on it?

Anyone care to measure theirs for me? (sounds perverted :eek: )

The cord length is 1.5 meters

pretty good deal. a week ago we got mx500s for $15 canadian due to a pricing error here in canada. some even got the mx510 for the same price..

OT...

You do NOT want a USB extension cable. You do want to get a powered USB hub, though. Putting the MX510 on an extension cable will cause your motherboard to have random problems (hard locking the computer, instability, etc. etc.). I tried it with no luck, so I just got a powered USB hub and everything was dandy from that point.

I went from a basic microsoft optical mouse to the Blue 510, and I like it better. Sometimes the side webpage browser buttons get hit by accident, but I'll get over it. One thing's for sure, it looks a hell of alot better.

I've got the wireless version of that mouse. The only issue I have is that sometimes the custom button configurations I setup just go away. I have to reboot to get it to work properly, yesterday it annoyed me so bad I threw the mouse on the ground, thankfully it didn't break.

Man, I think I'm subconsciously collecting Logitech mice.

I've got the original iFeel Mouse still, an MX700, MX1000, and now I'm buying this guy too. :(

Silversink said:
The cord length is 1.5 meters

Thank YOU, Silversink! :)

I'm collecting logitech mice too.

I have a Comfort wireless DUO, MX1000, wireless Colorselect ball mouse, older plain scroll mouse.... etc... ALL Logitech.

And I think I might buy this 510.... or buy the $39.99 MX700 on pricewatch.
gotta measure when I get home to see if 1.5m, (almost 5 feet) will be long enough

i got one in red right when they came out. love it! ended up painting it blue and then the bastards come out with a blue model. oh well..... you won't be disappointed if you pick one up

lol bought the mouse 2 days ago at newegg...

sometimes you're just lucky. Thx for the post.

I got in on this deal as well. Logitech mice are the only way to go!!

Thanks for the heads up.

I picked up the red one, but switched over to the blue as soon as I could. Here's a couple pics of the mice on an xtrac HS...

Red

Logitech_MX510_and_Xtrac_HSPro.jpg

Blue

MX510_Blue.jpg

Back