Logitech MX518 laser????

gman

[H]ard|Gawd
According to the Inquirer:

LOGITECH IS ABOUT TO CHANGE gaming peripherals once again with a new mouse. One of the things it did not announce at CES was the new 518 mouse. This successor to the MX510 gaming mouse combines the best of the older one, the laser technology from the MX1000, and has a new twist.

Well, I guess we'll see. :eek:

Thank God.... a Corded MX1000 :)

Finally...

Corded mice are so much lighter :) I cant use cordless mice cuz they are too heavy

Logitech wins once again

I wouldn't say it's a corded MX1000. It's still suppose to have the MX5xx body still and button layout, I believe.

gman said:
I wouldn't say it's a corded MX1000. It's still suppose to have the MX5xx body still and button layout, I believe.

I hope it comes in different colors like the MX510. I want a green one :).

USMC2Hard4U said:
Thank God.... a Corded MX1000 :)

Finally...

Corded mice are so much lighter :) I cant use cordless mice cuz they are too heavy

Logitech wins once again

My sentiments exactly. I got a nice mx1000 for my bday and i never use it, especially when gaming for hours on end, the extra weight makes a huge difference. I'll stick with my mx510 for now

IIRC, it also had one the fly sensitivity adjustment. I think this was mentioned in an earlier post.

I love my MX1000, but I might have to give that and the MX510 up for matching 518s.

I saw that in Maximum PC too. Hopefully it won't be any more than the MX 510 was when it came out. And hopefully BB will have it on sale for $39.99 again! :D

Oh please, how heavy can a mouse be to you? Lift some weights.

I use the MX1000 daily and I play games for hours on end and I've never had lag issues or problems with the weight of it.

In fact light mice seem to fragile to me.

LOL weight of a mouse the only difference are like a couple ounce. you guys should pump some iron

Well I'll be getting the wired laser when it comes out for sure, I'm not a fan of even the MX1000, but I needed a new mouse heh... damn MS buggy explorer optical.

B18_Cya said:
LOL weight of a mouse the only difference are like a couple ounce. you guys should pump some iron

I know. Those comments seem rediculous to me. Guys who complain about the weight of cordless mice obviously don't jerk it enough, or they'd have stronger forearms. :D

Ive been seeing the same comments about the weight and just biting my tongue.

You guys must be some real wimps if you cant man handle that mouse.

The mx1000 is lighter than the mx700.. and its still too heavy. Makes you wonder.

Sir-Fragalot said:
Oh please, how heavy can a mouse be to you? Lift some weights.

I use the MX1000 daily and I play games for hours on end and I've never had lag issues or problems with the weight of it.

In fact light mice seem to fragile to me.

Seconded

also with a cord on it i feel more restricted

but then again, thats just me

I saw some pics of it a couple weeks ago cant remember where. It was just a prototype, so it could easily change, but it looked like a 510 in terms of size and shape and had similar color mottling on the body, but instead of black/blue or black/red it was like silver/grey. the pictures probably didnt do it much justice a lot of people seemed to mistake the mottling for dents on the surface.

Its not that im a whip and cant handle the mouse... but for certain things, IE Gaming, I prefer a light mouse.... its prefrance

would you rather have a Ford F250 Diesel or a Mustang in a drag race? Some of you cowboys might like the big truck cuz its what you prefer... I would rather have the mustang... just my preferenace.. do you see where im getting?

B18_Cya said:
lol my sentaiments exactily. i know theres lots of nerdy guys on this forum infact id consider myself one. but really a fiew ounces affecting your gameplay?! Man we have some ultra stereotypical nerds here....

OK, back on subject.

The idea of bringing the laser to a cord is intriguing. But I have to say I love the freedom of a wireless now that I have the MX1000. I use it at work daily, and I use a the mouse all day including games during breaks and lunch. But when I get my home PC built I may go get the corded version, just because I can't go back to the regular optical mouse that work provides, it's too sluggish.

By the piccs it seems to be an LED and not a Laser sensor, but I agree with the Inquirer, it's a shot at the Razer mice, but it's hardware enabled switching not software. We'll see what happens. But there was a mention of the Laser being wired in a different model number possibly.

However I do not like the finish, it looks like someone beat the crap out of the mouse.

And the freesom I feel with wireless is that I can place it anywhere on the desk without a wire getting in my way. Depending on what I am doing the mouse gets placed in a different location on th edesk. I don't use a mouse pad by the way.

It really looks like it got whacked with a ice pick in that last link's pics. Hopefully it's just the lighting.

USMC2Hard4U said:
Its not that im a whip and cant handle the mouse... but for certain things, IE Gaming, I prefer a light mouse.... its prefrance

would you rather have a Ford F250 Diesel or a Mustang in a drag race? Some of you cowboys might like the big truck cuz its what you prefer... I would rather have the mustang... just my preferenace.. do you see where im getting?

I'd take the Ford F250.

Hauls more beer.

Little upset. I bought the MX1000 last week after MONTHS of waiting for a corded version with none in site, then come to find out the MX518 is basically an MX1000 in an MX510 shell and with a cord. I mostly wanted the mouse for the Laser technology and it's awsome accuracy the cordlessness is just icing. BTW the MX1000 really isnt that heavy, it weighs less then my MX700 but is a bit heavier then my MX500. I just really wish the MX518 came out earlier as it would of saved me $30. Oh well the price you pay for being ahead of the curve (just like with the 9700 Pro and 6800 GT)

USMC2Hard4U said:

I think I'd take this F-350 over any Mustang

http://www.texas1320.com/Videos/F350Run.wmv

The weight in the mx1000 does take a bit of time to get use to. But it really isn't that big of a deal. Within a few hours, I got use to it and gaming seems perfectly fine.

I personally like the weight of the 700, it just lags too much for gaming.

And dammit I just dropped $40 on my 510 a couple months back!! Any one know the suggested initial retail?

On a final note, I never would have though a F350 could do 11.42... Must feel like a frickin rocket sled!!

I was kinda hoping that it would be the exact same shape as the MX1000, just with a cord. I really liked the way the MX1000 felt in my hand. I liked it more than the MX500/510 shape. Not to mention the side scroll wheel, that was nice. I really LOVED the thumb sat on the little shelf on the MX1000.

wasn't that supposed to be released this month? i read it like months ago, got me all excited, so i just went and bought me a Razer Diamondback instead :p.

Sir-Fragalot said:
I know. Those comments seem rediculous to me. Guys who complain about the weight of cordless mice obviously don't jerk it enough, or they'd have stronger forearms. :D

wtf, how big is ur penis that masturbating actually becomes exercise?

doesn't necessarily have to be a laser mouse. Pretty sure Logitech is using the updated version of the Agilent sensor that's on the Razor Diamondback. The new version fixes an issue with pixel jitter at 1600 DPI. But that sensor can use a laser for the light source instead of the LED..

Either way, we'll see how it pans out.. Personally, it'd be hard for me to give up my Razor Diamondback.. I'm still only in the first week of having it, but so far it's heads above my mx500 it replaced.. Especially after tweaking my rig to decrease all mouse acceleration as low as possible in WinXP, clear up the pixel jitter @ 1600 DPI, and make my USB port poll @ 2ms (500Hz instead of 8ms/125Hz).. it's buttery smooth, and i love the pixel by pixel precision it gets me in games..

we'll see what logitech has up their sleeve on the 518.. I don't see myself getting one atleast..

i think its almost to the point where there really isnt a noticeable differance when it comes to high end laser mice more or less wonce you get up to the mx 500 you dont really notice the improvement.

Barnaby said:
doesn't necessarily have to be a laser mouse. Pretty sure Logitech is using the updated version of the Agilent sensor that's on the Razor Diamondback. The new version fixes an issue with pixel jitter at 1600 DPI. But that sensor can use a laser for the light source instead of the LED..

Either way, we'll see how it pans out.. Personally, it'd be hard for me to give up my Razor Diamondback.. I'm still only in the first week of having it, but so far it's heads above my mx500 it replaced.. Especially after tweaking my rig to decrease all mouse acceleration as low as possible in WinXP, clear up the pixel jitter @ 1600 DPI, and make my USB port poll @ 2ms (500Hz instead of 8ms/125Hz).. it's buttery smooth, and i love the pixel by pixel precision it gets me in games..

we'll see what logitech has up their sleeve on the 518.. I don't see myself getting one atleast..

Love my razor diamondback....this is going to have to be a really really really good mouse to make me leave my razer.

no, there is a definate difference between the mx500 and my diamondback.. and there is definately room for more improvement.. give me a 5000 dpi mouse damnit!! :D

Back