Logitech needs to quit making mice

Moving from the MX700 to the MX1000 (optical to laser), I did not notice any performance difference, aside from the MX1000 not going crazy when a piece of hair gets stuck under the mouse, and there was no interference.

same think when switching to USB from PS2.

hmm

Well I liked my Logitech Wired Click but the right click and scroll stopped working on it. . .maybe because I hit it lol

now I have a Logitech Mediaplay Cordless Optical and its very nice when it works but Ive had some problem with the compuer actually working in the usb slot. The computer says its not there.

But I still like Logitech.

if there's a problem with your mouse, try calling logitech CS. A lot of their mice have 5 years warranty, and they will send you a new mouse without requiring you to send yours back.

........thanks Chinchang! That's a cool idea! I'll call Logictech the first thing in the morning!

ChingChang said:
they will send you a new mouse without requiring you to send yours back.

I had the DiNovo Desktop break and they required me to send it back but they gave me a label and sent me a new one. A great experience.

eggrock said:
It's brainwashing I tell you!

A *lot* of people experience problems with Logitech's bloatware drivers too.

The funny thing about it is, if I bring up the task manager the problem immediately goes away. Something is conflicting with this thing and I have no idea what. I don't have a ton of stuff running, just the usual AV/antispyware and a few other background apps.

You don't have to use the Logitch drivers. I use standard Microsft drivers on my MX518 and it functions perfectly

i went from the MS Intelimouse explorer 3 (wired).. to the mx1000... mx1000 get my vote.. although it takes getting used to at first... since it is heavy (compared to other mice).... but i love my mx1000 :D

i didnt install the drivers for my mx1000... although i might for the little application button between back and forward... but default windows drivers work fine... all keys (except that little application one) work fine

I use the logitech drivers. Actually I downloaded custom drivers by some guy from logitech forums.. called uberoptions or something. Lets me set any of the buttons to anything I want.

Defualt logitech drivers work fine though.

They used to be crap for me when I had MX700 but they're good now..

ChingChang said:
I use the logitech drivers. Actually I downloaded custom drivers by some guy from logitech forums.. called uberoptions or something. Lets me set any of the buttons to anything I want.

Defualt logitech drivers work fine though.

They used to be crap for me when I had MX700 but they're good now..

link? i wouldnt mind checking those out...

i've never had luck with logictech stuff.

had a wingman that broke after a few months of "Doom" Usage
a bad trackball mice
Wireless mouse and it just stopped working.

i have right now a wired Microsoft Trackball optical that's skipping a little.i clean it,looks clean but yet still skips once in awhile.

looked around and trying to a wired mouse around town here and didn't like anything.

i really didn't care for the gaming mouses either.

Gatticus said:
You don't have to use the Logitch drivers. I use standard Microsft drivers on my MX518 and it functions perfectly

I'd actually *like* to use the Logitech drivers. I've been using the standard Microsoft drivers and it hasn't made a difference.

Unless something from the Logitech drivers is hanging around and never uninstalled.....?

....I called Logitech about my errant MX700 - thanks to ChingChang's suggestion. Since I'm at the end of my warranty, they were going to send a MX1000 as a replacement but I opted to upgrd to a G5 for < $10.00!!! :D

ChingChang's 'dah man!! :cool:

Ive had a MX1000 since its release, I love that mouse. But i dont use the Logitech drivers. Just the standard button config. all the extra buttons seem to be useless

Glad I came across this thread.
I have been having some charging issues with my 2 mx700's (so I replaced one with a mx1000) and decided to give Logitech a call.
They are now sending me 2 new mx1000's as replacement-no charge.

Now thats customer service.

D.

awesome, good to hear everyone is having good experiences with logitech CS :)
atherton213 said:
link? i wouldnt mind checking those out...
http://www.logigamer.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=142
I don't think the sensitivity adjustments worked for my MX1000, but those drivers have not given me any trouble and make it more customizable
I think you need setpoint(logitech drivers) installed before you install uberoptions.

Well all three of those mice share the same ergonomic design. Very good. All have sensitivity adjustment.
here's some differences to think about..

MX518:
5 buttons (excluding L/R and middle)

G5:
3 buttons (excluding L/R and middle)
weight plates to adjust the weight of the mouse

G7:
same amount of buttons as above, but middle wheel can scroll left and right
wireless - logitech mice have very good tracking/reception, and interference isn't really a problem unless it's placed in a bad spot
don't really have to worry about battery life if you're always charging one of the two battery packs, swap them once the one in the mouse gets low.

Personally, I'd go for the G7 of those three (love wireless), then 2nd choice would be mx518 because it has more buttons.. they are very helpful in some games and forward/back buttons are good for browsing :)

they are all very good mice though.

I've been hearing that there's a noticeable difference in handling when going from a MX700 to a MX1000 (and vice versa).....can you post your experience?

the only difference is that the MX1000 has a different shape, which is more ergonomic and to me it is more comfortable. I thought I wouldn't like it before I bought one, but after using it for a couple days I realized how much better I liked it than the MX700. It fits my hand better.

I'm a little confused over the MX700.
I have used 2,the first over a year ago and the other a few months back.
Both seemed jerky, ie the cursor didnt move smoothly, it moved in very small jumps.
From reading posts here it seems this is not everyones experience.

I picked up the MX3100 desktop combo (MX1000 mouse) from the Egg for $60AR back in Decemeber and I have been really happy with it. Except for having to close their SetPoint software to use buttons in FarCry, I have been happy to use it and customize all the buttons.

Now if Logitech would finally approve my rebate, I'll be sitting pretty.

Chernobyl1 said:
I'm a little confused over the MX700.
I have used 2,the first over a year ago and the other a few months back.
Both seemed jerky, ie the cursor didnt move smoothly, it moved in very small jumps.
From reading posts here it seems this is not everyones experience.
That should not be happening. When I used to use the MX700 sometimes the pointer would jump around when there was a fabric hair that got stuck under the mouse, or if the charger/reciever was too close to my CRT causing too much interference. Other than that, it was very smooth. Maybe you just had some interference.

With the MX1000 I have not experienced any problems with fabrics causing it to jump, I guess because MX1000 is laser mouse. The only interference I have seen was when I leave my phone right next to the charger when it rings causing the mouse pointer to move slowly, other than that it has been great.

Back