Logitech Z-2300 speakers with X0540 subwoofer

ml1209

Limp Gawd
I found a set of Z-2300 satellites at a pawn shop for $15 total. It did not come with the subwoofer or the controller. I had the X-540 5.1 system at home, so I connected the Z-2300 to the X-540 sub to make a 2.1 system for my laptop. So far it sounds pretty good. I want to ask if this is okay - won't hurt the sub or the speakers? Anyone mix and match components?

No it won't hurt them. Enjoy.

Thanks. The X-540 sub is only rated at 25W, while the Z-2300 sub is at 120W. That's a big difference. How will this affect the sound, if at all? Sorry I am an audio noob.

It wont make any difference thats only going to the sub. The amplifier may put out twice the wattage to the satellite speakers but that is only a 3 Db difference and im sure the 2300's drivers are more efficient. And even at that as long as you are happy with the sound thats all that matters.

Last edited:
It wont make any difference thats only going to the sub. The amplifier may put out twice the wattage to the satellite speakers but that is only a 3 Db difference. And even at that as long as you are happy with the sound thats all that matters.

Thanks again for the info. I appreciate it.

Back