Logitech Z-5500 - $180 @ Dell

better make sure it's not another pricing mistake and freakin' hold your money for 6 days like they did to me for the PS3 bundle.

better make sure it's not another pricing mistake and freakin' hold your money for 6 days like they did to me for the PS3 bundle.
I was just reading about that LOL. I've seen the z5500 this cheap actually so I think this is legit.

Well since these were already in my Newegg next purchase wish list for $228 (after $40 MIR), I ordered these. Great deal, thanks!

Our apologies...

The product you have selected is not currently available for online purchase in the segment you have selected.

Damnit. The ones I have had for 4 years are looking a little worn. Broke the stand off of on too. Was hoping to buy a replacement.

I don't want to thread crap or anything like that, but these speakers really are awful. Most people don't dig into the specs of these things and believe because it is a good brand like Logitech they are getting something worth their money. 10% THD o_O

Hard to find that spec (fine print) and most people aren't speaker buffs (neither am I), but I know that is the one thing you should really look for, and 10% is pretty shitty.

I don't want to thread crap or anything like that, but these speakers really are awful. Most people don't dig into the specs of these things and believe because it is a good brand like Logitech they are getting something worth their money. 10% THD o_O

Hard to find that spec (fine print) and most people aren't speaker buffs (neither am I), but I know that is the one thing you should really look for, and 10% is pretty shitty.

I was very leery of getting them after reading that, too, but after reading the plethora of reviews and user opinions giving them high marks I figured I'd give them a shot when I saw a great sale price. I am very happy with them. They sound good and I love the remote.
Someone once mentioned Logitech might be figuring in the THD of the speakers into that 10% figure and speakers have much higher THD than a good (or even decent) amp.
Anywho, if I was to make another speaker purchase I'd definitely buy the 5500's again. The speakers I upgraded from were the Logitech X530's and the 5500's sound much better. (of course they cost considerably more, too.) FWIW, the X530'a are also rated at 10% THD.

So what would you recommend for speakers?
My intent was to get people to see the spec so they could make a decision. I made sure to qualify myself as not being any kind of an expert at all, so I am not in the position to make recommendations.

After reading a few of the comments here I'm more interested in them than I was before (with all due repsect to Newegg, I trust people on the hardforum more than the people posting there). I currently have an aging set of Klipsch 4.1s. I loved these while they were working correctly, but the pod control thing is wearing out (volume control static etc), so natrually I looked at these and turned away after reading the specs.

The price of these is very good, less than half of the 400 retail they go for. Same goes for the Klipsch 5.1 ultra speakers if one can find them anymore. I really need to listen to these Logitechs for myself. Hard to do though, but I have a friend who lives in my home town that owns them. Next time I'm up that way I'll do just that.

I just tried to check out, as far as I know, it's still alive

Yes. This is one of the deals for Dells 10 days of deals. Correct price and appears instock too.

Thanks! Picked them up. Replacing my current Logitech Z-5300e set (these served me very well).

I've had these speakers for about 10 months and they are great, though I paid about $260 or so at the time. The only thing is that the digital input can be flaky from time to time. The receiver will stop outputting sound, I have to turn the off and on with the remote, in looking through the Logitech forms that seems to be an issue for others are well. But the sound is crisp and clear. I'm thinking about a set for the living room.

One word of caution, the sub woofer is very big and heavy and you'll need some room for it on the floor away from other electronics.

Deal is still alive from the looks of it. Shows up for $179 with FREE SHIPPING (on all orders over $129). Awesome deal

Remember to replace the shitty stock speaker wire with 12awg wires from monoprice. HUGE IMPROVEMENTZZZ OMG

I couldnt resist and ordered a set from Dell even though I already have this system. I love these speakers and nothing can compare with the sound and bass. I figure I can use them on my 2nd computer system.

I got in on them when they were $145AR. I must say, I'm a bit disappointed. I was expecting clear crisp sound similar to my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX set. However, they're still a good set of speakers, especially for some 5.1's THX under $200. I definitely wouldn't buy them for any price above $200. Though, if they were your only good speaker set in your house, then I guess they're dirt cheap even at $200, lol. I only use these in my office as a backup entertainment center.

Deal appears to still be alive.

The page told me that the item was no longer available the last time I checked it.

I snagged a set for like 191, just depends on the tax your state has. Helps when dell sends you 150 dollar gift card! :)

i ordered 2. I'm thinking that i can use one set in my bedroom for my 32" lcd/xbox not alot of room for a receiver and such.

I paid $230 for these speakers last summer and they are still sounding great! The 10'' sub woofer doesn't have much bass though.

How do you get teh giftcard?

Not totally sure, but it's probably because I bought 2 laptops for siblings last year.

In other news, i just got an email from dell saying they had to delay my order ship date. Mine aren't getting shipped till the 18th now! If they get delayed again next week someone in their support department will NOT be having a good day.

Not totally sure, but it's probably because I bought 2 laptops for siblings last year.

In other news, i just got an email from dell saying they had to delay my order ship date. Mine aren't getting shipped till the 18th now! If they get delayed again next week someone in their support department will NOT be having a good day.

I ordered mine on June 9th, Shipped June 10th and Getting here today the 11th. Free one day shipping is more than you can ask for. Ill post my review with some pics once i set things up.

UPS just brought these things over a couple of hours ago. My UPS guy does my block last and i always get my stuff close to or after 7pm, which sucks sometimes! Anyway... let me start by saying that i never really owned a "good" set of speakers for my PC

The sound from this system blows me away!! Im no audiophile but damn does this thing impress. Highs, Mids, and Bass.. All there! The quality of all the components is great. I have it hooked up to an X-FI Extreme Gamer, COD4 is now a completely different game. Here are some pics, and i used heavy duty 3M tape to hang up the rear speakers to the wall. Holds great and wont budge a bit... Clean look also!

got mine today as well. Good speakers, maybe an 8.5/10. Great for gaming, but movies/music doesn't sound as good. However, for 191 bux, it was the best damn money Ive spent on speakers ever.

Overall, these are the best bang for your buck speakers out there right now, period.

btw, thanx for the [h]otz deal

For $220 this set of PC speakers cannot be beat... I swapped to a different home theater setup and while the main speakers are a lot better, the new sub i have pales in comparison to the Logitech..

that is, until i pull the sub out and put a new one in.

UPS just brought these things over a couple of hours ago. My UPS guy does my block last and i always get my stuff close to or after 7pm, which sucks sometimes! Anyway... let me start by saying that i never really owned a "good" set of speakers for my PC

The sound from this system blows me away!! Im no audiophile but damn does this thing impress. Highs, Mids, and Bass.. All there! The quality of all the components is great. I have it hooked up to an X-FI Extreme Gamer, COD4 is now a completely different game. Here are some pics, and i used heavy duty 3M tape to hang up the rear speakers to the wall. Holds great and wont budge a bit... Clean look also!

Nice pic, but aren't those speakers too high? They should ideally be at ear level.

I've been rocking w/ my Z-5500 for almost 3 years now and have been loving every minute of it. I disagree w/ the person who said there's not enough bass; it has plenty for the size and price. The sub will sound louder if you put it under a table or in the corner of the room. If you leave it out in the open, then, like w/ any sub, it'll sound less potent.

Has Logitech announced a successor to the Z-5500?

Well it appears that the genius's at dell sent me an email yesterday saying, oops sorry can't ship your speakers till next week, weren't talking to the people in their wearhouse cause I just got them in the mail today. Guess that's good news.

Ironically, although Dell sent me an email 6/11 stating that my 6/9 order was delayed until 6/18, I received an email around 8pm 6/12 stating that my order in fact shipped 6/10 (the day after I ordered it) and will be arriving today 6/13 in about an hour (normal UPS delivery time).

I'm glad it shipped on time, although my satisfaction with Dell would have been much higher had I received an email right away when it shipped.

I'm guessing they send out the delay emails based on stock, and the people that are getting their stuff quicker than expected is because Dell is getting them through third parties quicker than expected, and most likely drop shipping them. They do this when they run out of stock and intend to fulfill everyone's order, but their supplier cant supply their demand.

For example, when they had that whole 200GB for $22 deal in '04, my drive came from some small shop in TN, not directly from dell.

Logitech Z5500's are the highest rated 5.1 speakers under $800 on the planet.

Errrr......guess you have never heard a set of Klipsch Ultra 5.1's. And they are not $800.00. My buddy has the Z5550s (and they do sound good) but the Klips blow them away. Don't get me wrong, this is a great deal, but this statement "Logitech Z5500's are the highest rated 5.1 speakers under $800 on the planet" is just not correct.

Back