lol Amazing... oscilloscope for iOS devices

dr.stevil

[H]F Junkie
http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/07/osciums-imso-104-turns-ipad-iphone-into-mixed-signal-oscillosc/

I'd never have a need for this... but I wish that I did. It's a pretty rad device.

ipadbannerlargenew.png

That is all kinds of awesome! I have no need for it, but I know a few people why do - I'll be passing this along. :)

OMG, that is awesome. It's no Tektroniks or Fluke but it will get you out of a bind.

Hot damn, I can now expense my iPad...(well when I buy one that is)

That is actually really cool, especially considering oan oscilloscope normally goes for like 10-20 grand. Almost tempting to buy an ipad just for that. :p

If you see the specs, it's not all that great. (I still think it is cool as hell and may get one once I get my iPad)

It boasts a 5 MHz bandwidth and up to 12 MSPS (megasamples per second) sample rate, while simultaneously analyzing up to one analog and four digital signals. ... The iMSO-104 sells for US$279.99.

While I could actually use that in my day to day work, it isn't that good. For nearly $300, you can educational PicoScope. Or for the price of the iPad + scope, you can buy a entry level O'scope from Tek or Agilent.

That is actually really cool, especially considering oan oscilloscope normally goes for like 10-20 grand. Almost tempting to buy an ipad just for that. :p

LOL, the only way you'll be spending 10-20 grand on an oscilloscope is if you buy something NEW with nearly 1GHz of bandwidth.

This scope is just a toy at 5MHz of bandwidth and one analog channel, and its an expensive toy at nearly $300 plus an iPad. Good luck trying to capture signals from even low level microprocessor like the PIC.

If you really want to mess with an oscilloscope, you can probably get one off eBay with 20MHz for under $200.

Hah, the advertising link I got for "fluke 123" was for a replacement battery.

Seriously though, I was about to buy this until I saw 5MHz.

I think it is pretty cool and all, but of no use to me.
Now, do a spectrum analyzer attachment that does 1KHz to 6GHz and I'll be interested.

I think it is pretty cool and all, but of no use to me.
Now, do a spectrum analyzer attachment that does 1KHz to 6GHz and I'll be interested.

What are looking at in the 6GHz range?

/looks at 125kHz and 13.56MHz

Seriously, if this had like 100MHz bandwidth I'd buy it. I still may, it's pretty cool and there are times when I wish I had a simple scope handy...

Back