Look For A New SmartPhone [G1?]

KillaChaos

Limp Gawd
I am on the market for a new smartphone as my current one (if you can call it a smartphone) is not as good as I had hoped (Sidekick LX 2009).

I am currently considering the G1 but looking for others, and reasons for/against the G1.

Currently not considering the iPhone, as the iPhone 3G S is coming soon, and there is a good chance I will get that once it is released.

Not interested in the Palm Pre or anything else exclusive to Sprint.

Basic requirements
- Adequate Web Browser
- 3G
- Good Music Player
- Reputable e-mail client
- QWERTY is a plus, but not needed.
- Price isn't really an issue, but no one likes a $699 phone with nothing better than the other guy.

The new G1 firmware vastly improved the e-mail and web browser capabilities, and added an on-screen keyboard in addition to the hardware one. I'd go for the G1. I personally prefer the looks of the G1 (something about it just gets me) and the hardware keyboard, plus T-Mobile as a superior provider to AT&T (in terms of customer care at least).

I like my G1 a lot... and Android is just getting better and better all the time now.. great mobile device OS and the G1 hardware is pretty good... there will be more Android device options very soon here also.. the only thing is no native exchange support, but you can buy software to get that.

Back