looking at a 24"

VladDracule

[H]ard|Gawd
hello all im currently looking at getting a 24 LCD. i need something that will be good for gaming on pc, xbox 360 and eventually a PS3. i would prefer something with HDMI in on it for ps3 and xbox 360. i was considering the gateway 24" however it only has component, composite, VGA, and DVI in. i know alot of people run xbox 360's on VGA with this monitor however i would like to avoid that because as most people know VGA is a compressed video format. Any Suggestions?

People use vga on the 360 because it does not have a hdmi output. It is vga or component for the 360. Depending on the scaling chip on the display many people would rather have the 360 scale to 1080p instead of the display and on most displays you need vga to do that not a lot take 1080p over component. I personally use the vga cable to connect my 360 to my hd-tv.

hmmm didnt know the 360 didnt have HDMI on it which is bad because i own one :p. vga is better than going component then?

hmmm didnt know the 360 didnt have HDMI on it which is bad because i own one :p. vga is better than going component then?

I would say so when connecting it to an LCD monitor. I have the Gateway 24" and have it connected VGA and it looks great. But yah, no HDMI on the Gateway 24. Unless you use the DVI port and have an HDMI to DVI adaptor for the PS3. But then, you sacrifice the DVI and VGA ports for your PC though.". However, Benq, Viewsonic and Sceptre 24" have HDMI inputs. The Viewsonic and Sceptre 24" are coming soon.

ive heard good things about the gateway. havent really read much on the Ben Q. how do they compare? also the viewsonic and spectre..showing promise?

I just bought the 24" Gateway about a week ago and I too have my 360 connected to it with the VGA cable. I don't have the PC connected to it through DVI since my PC doesn't have a DVI connection. But I'll buy a card for that soon.

But as the quality goes... It's pretty good. For a 24" widescreen, it's pretty big and the picture quality is great. The 1:1 is a great feature also. I don't have any complaints about this monitor.

For the money, it's a good monitor.

I just need to get that DVI card for my PC. And since I work for Comcast, I'll be getting a HD box on employee discount. So that too is going on the 24" Gateway.

Sweet.

Back