Looking for 24" IPS monitors, 1920x1200, no aggressive AG

klezmer41

n00b
I've found 1920x1200 to be about perfect DPI for me at 24 inches. If I could find similar DPI in 27"+, or if Windows had better scaling I would go bigger. I guess for now I'm stuck with multiple 24" panels.

I would like IPS and matte, non-aggressive AG coating and if possible I don't want to drop down to 1080p resolution - 1920x1080. The Samsung s24a850dw sounded perfect, although it was plagued by a major backlight issue. Any ideas?

The Samsung s24a650d is 1080p and MVA I think, so not exactly what I want but it might do the trick for a few years.

Besides the Samsung PLS, I am not aware of any 24" matte IPS models that isn't the aggressive AG type. And even in the case of PLS, it'd be semi-glossy, not exactly a normal matte.

The NEC 2490 (1st gen) is matte and has a bit of a lighter coating, but it's not made anymore.

Umm... hmm... there is that 23" Asus 3D IPS that is semi-glossy, but both the size and ratio is not what you want. You could try some of the older S-PVA monitors, 24", matte, non-aggressive coating... there were several at 16:10, that used the same panel -- (Samsung, NEC, Eizo, etc.). But besides having to delve into the used market (or if new, super expensive Eizo market), S-PVA does have some tradeoffs when compared to IPS.

Not sure what else. Maybe someone else has other ideas. Or maybe wait until the end of the year, if you can, when the newer panels should be coming out?

The S24A850DW is the only 24" 16:10 w/o a grainy matte coating. The older S-PVA panels use medium-AG which is still pretty grainy..

HP ZR24w or ZR2440w.

Your local Microcenter should have them on display so you can judge for yourself.

Back